Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 03:33 AM
JC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Zeppelin
JC,

Any horsepower numbers on the 98 octane chip?

Zeppelin:

The 98 Octane chip can produce more HP than was was posted earlier with Brad's post.

349 RWHP is based on anywhere from 92-94 octane even so we poured 5 gal. of "76" 100 Octane racing fuel to acheive 95 Octane. The reason I say this, is because we did two runs and that was not enough time too mix well to provide 95 Octane. So we can guarantee that it will provide more than 349 RWHP.

The first run was at 349 RWHP and the second run gave 351 RWHP. If we would have removed it from the dyno and had Nima drive it around the business block it would have mix well to give the maximum results.

The reason that did not happen is that we run out of dyno time.

Regards,
Old 07-03-2003, 04:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What good is 92-94 octane in a state where most gas stations do not sell more that 91 octane?

Brad's numbers were quoted from Raffi, a friend and owner of Eurosport, I doubt he chose "not to mention" some of the numbers to Brad or I. And again, it is the 91 octane results that matter the most. If you run 91 or 93 octane on a chip programmed for 98, you have timing problems.

The bottom line is the numbers posted above by Brad; confirmed by Eurosport who hosted your dyno. You made power, but not the 38hp on 91 octane claimed... End of story.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:31 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
thanks ben...

so your chip will not work w/ just ODPS?? have you guys done any testing w/ the chip and ODPS?
Old 07-03-2003, 04:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Our Stage I software will work without our headers, however it is optimized to take advantage of the additional airflow that they provide.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:05 AM

Porsche Turbo Stage 4, Cayenne S ... gone C43, C32, ML55 & Ducati 999.
Ben, I have not tuned my exhaust yet.
I have read that Nima’s C32 has no resonator (ok) and “no rear catalytic converters”, well my questions: is it legal?, if so I do believe that you may loss back pressure (TQ), isn’t it? Further, doing these 2 mods (no resonator + no rear catalytic converters), does work with you EVOspot headers? (I know that your headers work without resonator… but what about removing the rear cats (compatible) ? did you test it?
All that questions are because I am really interested to tune my exhaust with you guys.
Finally, how long takes to install the EVOs headers?

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2003, 09:19 AM

E55, C32, ML320
Thermo-Isolated AirBox & SL55 Y-pipe

Pierre,

How did the SL55 Y-pipe install go? Did you do it yourself? Any issues with the hose sizes or did the new (?) airbox resolve that?

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by Pierre32///AMG
Ben, I have not tuned my exhaust yet.
I have read that Nima’s C32 has no resonator (ok) and “no rear catalytic converters”, well my questions: is it legal?, if so I do believe that you may loss back pressure (TQ), isn’t it? Further, doing these 2 mods (no resonator + no rear catalytic converters), does work with you EVOspot headers? (I know that your headers work without resonator… but what about removing the rear cats (compatible) ? did you test it?
All that questions are because I am really interested to tune my exhaust with you guys.
Finally, how long takes to install the EVOs headers?

Thanks!
Pierre,

Taking out the cats may be good for approximately 5hp, but the negatives far outweigh the good. In most states, it is a federal offense to remove the cats, and can result in a heavy fine, car being impounded, and in some cases jail. We will offer a track pipe (cat replacement pipe) for the track, but I would not recommend it on the street.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 07-03-2003, 01:24 PM
JC
Banned

Ben,

For your information, a chip that will adapt to 92-94 is designed for cars that are in other states/ countries and people who race. Only a few states that pumps 91-octane as their premium fuel, example California and Arizona.

The second chip is designed for 91 octane and you can see on the graph before several posts that it produces 15 RWHP on 91 octane with no detonation. Also you can see that the power curve does not have any oscillations that would cause drivability concerns.

ASE never said, the chip would produce 25-38 RWHP; Nima had said that. Why? Because Vadim had compared it to his first dyno runs before all the modifications that Nima had installed. So, that is not our doing.

For your information I know Raffi very well and I known him for many years. Besides, I know that Raffi has known Brad from when they go too the track. Furthermore, Raffi explained to me yesterday that Brad had called and that he Raffi said, "I did not know of the 346 RWHP because Vic (Raffi's brother) did not mention it too me." Also, Raffi said, "If Brad (EVO) wants to call me, he can and I will explain it to him.

All in all, ASE's chips is getting 15 RWHP on 91-octane fuel. Which are excellent numbers for only a few days of working on a car with the modifications Nima installed. Not like months and "NO CIGAR."

Mods. on Nima's C32 include: ODPS, Hi-Flow Air filters, No cats and resonators, Modified Intercooler Reservoir, and the SL55-Y.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Blah, Blah, Blah.

Sorry JC, what do you drive?

Have you ever seen a C32?

I mean besides ours and Nima's?

What I told Nima is to come back with stock chip.

He choose to make a circuis out of testing.

Now you are in the middle of it.

Sorry, but I do not believe a word of your previous post.

Do you smoke Cubans or fakes?