SRS Malfuction and Tele Aid SOS malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
SOS FML saga, partIV:

some pics of my trunk in its present state follow. I took everything out in an effort to find corroded fittings. It doesn't appear that the layout is comparable to the w211 in the teleaid splitter cleaning video I've seen. is moisture a problem for the w203s? Am I missing this completely?

one weird thing: I accidentally pulled a fuse (#9 iirc) and lost dome lights and sunroof power for a couple days . Well it occured to me now that those couple days were completely SOS warning free..

Seriously don't know what to do next
Old 11-21-2013, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bump for possible fresh eyes... I will have to bite the bullet and head to the dealer or button it back up in defeat. Without a trunk I have two sets of heals in my backseat and neighbors are curious
Old 12-02-2013, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Replaced CPS and voltage regulator this weekend. The CPS to hopefully help hard starting when the car is warm. The voltage regulator is to cure dimming dash lights at stoplights, but also I've read that it can trigger the Teleaid warning light if it notices a drop in voltage.
Didn't seem to solve my SOS Teleaid light...

Next, I am pulling the fuse of the regularly malfunctioning CD changer to see if it has any effect.

Then, I will seek out a shaman and do a blood sacrifice
Old 12-05-2013, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Any update here? My c32 has the same symptom and it is very annoying. I've tried two dealers and two reputable mod shops and no one can disable this SOS tele aid message. It pops up every few minutes.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No updates on a remedy unfortunately. Still have a gutted trunk.. and heart

You say you have tried two dealers and MB couldn't help?
My first tech told me that there weren't the same menu options in STAR as that popular "not present" fix. I didn't believe him until I tried later with a friend. Yours, being a C32, may have something to do with the analog to digital switch...

Please post back if you find a fix- good luck
Old 12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Yes. The first dealer just said they tried and failed. I watched the second dealer. There is no option for tele aid not present.

I tried a performance shop that had a tool similar to stars and we disabled a bunch of stuff and it didn't do the trick. I tried another performance shop that has stars and again we couldn't disable the right thing. We again saw there is no tele aid not present option as described earlier in this thread.

It is not related to analog vs digital. This issue has nothing to do with the teleaod subscription service. Tele aid is looking for some signal that it is not getting and throwing the SOS as a result.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So this likely brings us back to the splitter taking on moisture right? I'm pretty sure that is the case since I had audio problems/ more SOS messages right after a heavy rain or carwash.
I'm curious if your trunk looks like mine or you have the teleaid splitter more accessible...
Old 02-20-2014, 05:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Still no luck. Very annoying message. It is on almost all the time.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you haven't tried disconnecting with STAR on your own, it is certainly worth a shot. I didn't have luck with that the three times I tried so I finally brought it to the dealer this week. My menus didn't have the same options to disable Teleaid.
Light is out now! They just disconnected the Teleaid system- one hour labor and a free car wash and vacuum. This is the first time leaving a dealer for service with a smile on my face.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
What do you mean you disconnected it? I've tried multiple dealers and performance shops. No one has been able to disable teleaid. Please provide more detail. Are you sure you had the same issue described in this thread, and not the service subscription issue which is different?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Mercedes dealer should be able to disconnect Teleaid. I tried two indies and a friend with STAR. I just brought the dealer the car and signed a page stating that I was okay with them disabling Teleaid. Beyond that I don't know how they actually turn it off.
My warning was on intermittently since I bought the car (a year and a half). "SOS Teleaid Malfunction - Drive to Workshop"
Old 02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Ok you're talking about disabling the subscription service. That is a different issue that any dealer can easily resolve.