C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

One month of C32 ownership ~newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 02:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG
Smile One month of C32 ownership ~newbie

Hey everybody, I bought a C32 for my birthday earlier this month. I bought it after reading about tranny problems, SC/IC issues etc. Telling myself it can't be all that bad. The previous owner had put an after market exhaust, and on acceleration sounded like a bomber taking off, man was that loud. So by day three I had the exhaust replaced. When I bought it I also had a terrible vibration, not so bad while driving but at a stop sign the hood and everything else vibrated terribly. Last week I replaced two motor mounts, only one was bad, now the car is smooth, way smoother than I imagined it could be. By week two the check engine light came on -catalyst efficiency. So this week two new cats, check engine light gone. I recently got the torque converter slip on light acceleration, no real kick at 1500 rpm just a shudder under light acceleration. When the cats were replaced, I had the tranny flushed and filter replaced now no more shuddering. I also noticed when I jacked up the car I had two torn boots on the inner axles. I replaced both axles two days ago. The right rear was roaring loudly on my way to the shop that morning, terrifying ride that one was. The cats, and axles were covered by the dealer I bought it from. I covered the tranny flush and filter. I also replaced the charcoal filters under the dash that one was a peice of cake. Instructions actually come with the filters. My only gripe now is the headlights are way out of line, not really blinding anyone yet, they seemed to focused high and to the left and right of the car. I can't find any vacuum lines that would adjust the lights. The ballasts are zippy tied behind the headlights, but I also found a ballast sitting near the front fog lights, they look oem. I'm wondering if the dealer can clear it up for me and tell me if I have aftermarket xenon lights. And if so can the dealer tell me exactly what lights came with the car. I like the HID look, never had that before and want to stay with them but I need headlights that I can adjust.
All and all a pretty sweet car. Still has some flaws, the previous owner put aftermarket wheels and those sport 265's on the rear and 240's up front the rears will rub sometimes. The interior needs a little work, center console isn't all that tight and the door speaker grills have a crack in the center as if somebody's knee pressed on them. New door seals are on the list, and a new windshield on Monday since a road rock cracked this one. No aftermarket one was available so Daves auto glass got me a MB windshield and Geico paid for it, no deductible woohoooo. I drive alot, already put 3,000 miles on the car. I took my mother in law up to 140 in it on a beer run. So right now life is great and I just wanted to share my MB experience so far.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
Great forum and great info to discover on the thousands of threads.
The headlights should be adjustable (level) and the ballasts wouldnt be zip tied if they were OEM, I highly doubt it. I have aftermarket. Anyway; welcome!