C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

How time flies....one year of 2003 C32 ownership impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32
How time flies....one year of 2003 C32 ownership impressions

Hard to believe but it's already been a year of ownership. When I purchased the car I was very pleased to find that a lot of money had been spent on the suspension. Has H&R coilovers, Evosport sways and bushings had been replaced. Car has a great stance which I have not changed. Tires are wearing perfectly even so it's all good. Suspension is very firm but has saved me a few times (emerg lane change due to idiots on highway). Engine was bone stock and had just gotten the Bosch IC pump replaced with a stock unit. Car pulled like it should. Only negative was the typical 1500 rpm trans fart but I've gotten used to it. Had glycol test done so the trans is OK.

Overall I'm very happy with the car and can honestly say I like it a LOT more today then I did when i took delivery. It's just grown on me more than any other cars I've owned. Prior cars (mostly VW/Audi's.....a few GTI's and S4's were liked more at the start but I lost enthusiasm over time. Something strange about the C32, it's getting better as the miles roll on. Going to get even better with some go fast parts sitting on the bench including custom sl55 intake, EC HE, EC Shorty Headers, SC Pulley, Johnson IC Pump, NW IC Iso kit and catch can.

That's not to say there have not been repairs besides oil/filter changes.........and some have been expensive.

1. Replacement of Belt, Belt Tensioner and under-drive pulley
2. Crank harmonic dampner failure, caught before damage occurred
3. Intercooler failure. This one hurt but what can you do?

All told this added up to $2200.

Drove it home last year with 44,079 miles. Here are the stats for the last 12 months:

Miles: 6150 which brings me up to 50,229 .

Fill ups: 28

Gallons of 93 used: 381.12. Ave price per gal was $3.76, total fuel cost was $1,438.

Average MPG was 16.02. Pretty terrible but this is about what I expected since only about 30% of my driving is highway.

So that's it..........hope to get all my go fun parts installed later this year (when it's not 95 degrees) and enjoy it even more.

Happy motoring!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:06 PM

C32, 911 SC
Drive it moar, I cannot believe you only racked up 6500 miles in a year! On the other hand the car looks great, any reason why you decided to go with sc pulley vs. 185?

Did you get to install the intake by the way?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:26 PM

2003 C32
Originally Posted by ddtham
Drive it moar, I cannot believe you only racked up 6500 miles in a year! On the other hand the car looks great, any reason why you decided to go with sc pulley vs. 185?

Did you get to install the intake by the way?
I work at home so I am able to keep the mileage pretty low. Car is pretty mint as a result of not being used for a long commute. My wallet is also happy.....the fuel would kill me in this thing. Leaves more $ for mods.

Have not done the intake yet...........hoping for maybe this weekend. Can't wait.

On the SC Pulley...........just installed a new crank pulley about 3 months ago.....and the SC pulley will make me plenty happy. I also won't need the NW Pulley Saver kit and the SC pulley is an easy DIY install. Also on Sale!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Lol I only did 3950 miles on my C55 in one year.. Not bad. I love the color!