C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Wheel locks (BBS + H&R)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG, Porsche 911 SC
Wheel locks (BBS + H&R)

I finally had my rims completed down at evosport and i've had an insane amount of customer service issues with the shop so i am going to try and figure this out with all of your help.

According to the unreliable source...my rims were installed with H&R spacers and I was told that H&R lugs were used for correct fitment. So I would like to know what wheel locks would fit my application. I am desperately in need of a set on my LMs for some peace of mind.

-Ken
Old 07-14-2012, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Here's what I'd do in your situation. First, remove one of your existing lug bolts. Measure its length from the end to the edge of where it begins to taper. Then head to mcgard.com and look under 'bolt style'. Look further under the cone seat* listings until you find a bolt with the same length as the bolt our removed from the car with an M12x1.5** thread pitch. Order that part number and done!

*note: most aftermarket wheels use cone seat tapers, but you should double check with what comes off the car. This link to a PDF has a good chart showing the difference: http://www.mcgard.com/files/pdf/LockBoltRef2009.pdf

**note:it's my recollection that all or substantially all Mercedes use M12x1.5 thread pitch wheel bolts. It's late right now and I'm tucked in bed and can't easily check the extra wheel bolts I have in the garage to double check.

Last edited by Saaboteur; 07-14-2012 at 02:07 AM.