C55 just starting to tick... need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 /////AMG
C55 just starting to tick... need help

hi everyone,

I've owned the car for about 8 months, in the past week my car has started to tick, the sound seems to be coming under the hold, i am pretty stupid when it comes to doing mechanical work im sad to say and i need advice because its starting to worry me. Mercedes changed my oil about 3 months ago and informed me my car had a slight oil leak, my instrument cluster always says check oil level on flat surface, but its said that even the day after they changed my oil, so long story short... i don't trust my gauge. I put about a half quart of oil in it, and in about 10 minutes the sound went away. When i started my car this morning the tick was back, the sound does speed up when the engine is revved, i would just take the car to the dealership but money is tight for me, and won't be an option for some time. I need the wisdom of the people on the fourm! you guys seem to know everything, i would much appreciate the advice!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG
you sure its not purge valve, mine ticks too its normal, comes from drivers side front fender, open ur hood listen to the sound maybe its not the engine.
here is a link
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ts-normal.html