Suggestions on new wheels for my w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by L8 apex
Yep, spoon fed like a child. Which is how you're acting about all of this. "Don't like something about the site, GTFO".

And yes, this is the very first forum I've ever joined, please Frank, teach me how to get the most out of it because these 40-some posts are the only times I've ever been online.

Get over your post count. You are not your post count. You are not your car, etc., etc..

"Willing to spend the time". Just how long do you think it will take to sift through over 100 pages of mostly junk info.? Don't get pissy w/ me because I said the thread and search function suck. Did you invent both? Have I insulted your family name? Nope. Then maybe I'm not the one who needs to GTFO for awhile.

Try and bully elsewhere as I'm 41 and scoff in your general direction.
Frank's awesome and super helpful. You might want to reel in the attitude since you're the one whos wrong on this one, chief.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 AM

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Originally Posted by pointman
lol. Search works fine for everyone else.

Heres some help.. change "ride" for "search function" and "rider" for "searcher". You're welcome.
And king of the near useless threads feels the need to chime in. Pot, meet the kettle. Guess what? You're both black.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:00 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Speaking of useless threads. L8 Apex has kindly started another thread of the same topic he participated in just couple months earlier. This is exactly the reason that is hindering the search function. Thtguy is even kind enough to reply in both. 5min on google lead me to gocaravaning.com without waiting two days for someone to spoon feed his information.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...u-can-tow.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ecautions.html

But wait... Using the search for two min there is another two page thread regarding towing
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...tch-c55-2.html

Last edited by FrankW; 02-27-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
I'm in LOVE with these wheels, I just wish they made a bolt pattern to fit our car and not have to use adapters!
XXR 527

https://mbworld.org/forums/5513889-post37.html

Old 02-27-2013, 04:54 PM

2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Originally Posted by FrankW
Speaking of useless threads. L8 Apex has kindly started another thread of the same topic he participated in just couple months earlier. This is exactly the reason that is hindering the search function. Thtguy is even kind enough to reply in both. 5min on google lead me to gocaravaning.com without waiting two days for someone to spoon feed his information.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...u-can-tow.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ecautions.html

But wait... Using the search for two min there is another two page thread regarding towing
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...tch-c55-2.html
I read both of those threads and neither has a tow-rating anywhere near them. So, thanks for proving my point the search sucks and you can't read for ****.

Wanna keep trying or are you done yet?

And we can now google any and everything, so what's the point of this or any forum then? Discussion maybe?

And here's thtguy's post in the other tow thread: "Obviously never been to europe. just a few months ago (I should have taken a picture) I saw a SL65 pulling a small caravan on the E41 in the mountains just south of Villengendorf heading toward switzlerland."

Yeah, that completely answers my question. Are you like this online only, or this dense in real life as well?

EDIT: I take it this means you're not accepting my friend request. <Single tear>

Last edited by Accidental L8 apex; 02-27-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And king of the near useless threads feels the need to chime in. Pot, meet the kettle. Guess what? You're both black.
"near" nothing, noob. I proclaim exactly that. Difference between me and you? I search first and don't whine about having to read. I'm at least half way amusing, you're just coming off as just another lazy new guy.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I read both of those threads and neither has a tow-rating anywhere near them. So, thanks for proving my point the search sucks and you can't read for ****.

Wanna keep trying or are you done yet?

And we can now google any and everything, so what's the point of this or any forum then? Discussion maybe?

And here's thtguy's post in the other tow thread: "Obviously never been to europe. just a few months ago (I should have taken a picture) I saw a SL65 pulling a small caravan on the E41 in the mountains just south of Villengendorf heading toward switzlerland."

Yeah, that completely answers my question. Are you like this online only, or this dense in real life as well?

EDIT: I take it this means you're not accepting my friend request. <Single tear>
lol. In my time here I've learned one thing.. personal attacks get ya in trouble. See how I do it? I ridicule without name calling. Its an art really.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM

2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
"near" nothing, noob. I proclaim exactly that. Difference between me and you? I search first and don't whine about having to read. I'm at least half way amusing, you're just coming off as just another lazy new guy.
Read again, I've read every sticky REMOTELY related to my car and have started one thread where the others were lacking in the info I need. I never "whined about having to read", simply *****ed that after doing so, more than 1/2 of what I read was junk.

And you're only amusing in that ditzy-blonde kind of way and since you're not a hot ditzy-blonde, you just come off as not very car-guyish. Which is perfectly fine as it takes all kinds, but that's why you're "amusing", if at all.

I'm fine w/ "the lazy new guy" tag, as I know I read this whole forum for over a year before I even bought my car and then waited another year to join after buying it because up to that point, reading gave me all I wanted to know. Then, as I've posted 3x now, have read everything remotely related and many not related at all to my needs.

Shall I point out all of the things that "label" this site and give it it's image to others? Pompous, pretentious and preening owners who think the badge makes them better than others and blatantly bring it up in the BMW vs. Merc threads that spring forth from time to time. The fact that most of these same people can't spell, read or write for crap, yet still hold onto the facade of superiority the badge seems to give them? Granted, these are representative of everyone on here by far, but we can all be ignorant and label if we like.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM

2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
lol. In my time here I've learned one thing.. personal attacks get ya in trouble. See how I do it? I ridicule without name calling. Its an art really.
Pointing out someone's being dense when they obviously are isn't name calling. And this is a website, who in the Hell is worried about "getting in trouble"? I knew joining a website that allows huge jpegs in the sigs was a bad idea. It's like trying to marry a stripper. A quick go-round is fun, but long term is a bad idea.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Read again, I've read every sticky REMOTELY related to my car and have started one thread where the others were lacking in the info I need. I never "whined about having to read", simply *****ed that after doing so, more than 1/2 of what I read was junk.

And you're only amusing in that ditzy-blonde kind of way and since you're not a hot ditzy-blonde, you just come off as not very car-guyish. Which is perfectly fine as it takes all kinds, but that's why you're "amusing", if at all.

I'm fine w/ "the lazy new guy" tag, as I know I read this whole forum for over a year before I even bought my car and then waited another year to join after buying it because up to that point, reading gave me all I wanted to know. Then, as I've posted 3x now, have read everything remotely related and many not related at all to my needs.

Shall I point out all of the things that "label" this site and give it it's image to others? Pompous, pretentious and preening owners who think the badge makes them better than others and blatantly bring it up in the BMW vs. Merc threads that spring forth from time to time. The fact that most of these same people can't spell, read or write for crap, yet still hold onto the facade of superiority the badge seems to give them? Granted, these are representative of everyone on here by far, but we can all be ignorant and label if we like.
tl,dr. Enjoy your used five owner car. Sorry you're so lazy.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pointing out someone's being dense when they obviously are isn't name calling. And this is a website, who in the Hell is worried about "getting in trouble"? I knew joining a website that allows huge jpegs in the sigs was a bad idea. It's like trying to marry a stripper. A quick go-round is fun, but long term is a bad idea.
Getting in trouble equates to getting banned. Its not really worrisome, but its also not necessarily where you want to be.. seeing how you joined, and shared your "wisdom" with all of us in great detail.

Either way. Good luck, Tanto.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:09 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
1. you started a topic about TOWING which is discussed in two previous threads. Ask your question there it is the same topic.

2. I did prove something; you starting useless threads because you are unwilling to ask questions in previous threads. Every time some noob cant find a info because they cant do proper search on the world wide web they must create a thread.

Last edited by FrankW; 02-27-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:14 AM

2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
tl,dr. Enjoy your used five owner car. Sorry you're so lazy.
It's a 2 owner and sorry for not being pretentious. Lazy? Can anyone read above a 3rd grade level in here? I know writing is killing all of you.

Last edited by Accidental L8 apex; 02-28-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: EDIT: spelling like the masses
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 AM

2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Originally Posted by FrankW
1. you started a topic about TOWING which is discussed in two previous threads. Ask your question there it is the same topic.

2. I did prove something; you starting useless threads because you are unwilling to ask questions in previous threads. Every time some noob cant find a info because they cant do proper search on the world wide web they must create a thread.
You say the forum is diluted because of multiple threads on one issue. I say the forum's diluted because the threads that do exist are full of completely useless info that goes off in tangents and obviously, nobody's cleaning them up.

And honestly, you don't think that at this point, nearly everything that can be brought up has been already? This platform is how old and gone now? So let's just lock everything down and just leave the search function active.

Maybe getting butthurt about a supposed forum-slam and swinging your e-peen isn't the best approach for an admin.? Especially seeing as how simple members found a way to actually be helpful.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's a 2 owner and sorry for not being pretentious. Lazy? Can anyone read above a 3rd grade level in here? I know writing is killing all of you.
Nah, its more of the stigma that comes with new posters to our old cars. The super low price point has brought in guys like you.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 AM

2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Nah, its more of the stigma that comes with new posters to our old cars. The super low price point has brought in guys like you.
You have no idea of my financial situation, but I honestly appreciate the barb. Do we honestly need to start waving our financial e-peens around now? Has the level of intellect reached base-satus now?

I will admit though, that was the closest to "witty" any of you have come and it was written in a coherent fashion. Congrats.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You have no idea of my financial situation, but I honestly appreciate the barb. Do we honestly need to start waving our financial e-peens around now? Has the level of intellect reached base-satus now?

I will admit though, that was the closest to "witty" any of you have come and it was written in a coherent fashion. Congrats.
I never made any statement about how amazingly rich or poor you are. I don't care. My point is, with our cars getting older and the prices turning civic worthy, guys like you are showing up more and more. Don't worry, I don't think it has bottomed out so one day you will probably understand what I am talking about.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:59 PM

2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
I never made any statement about how amazingly rich or poor you are. I don't care. My point is, with our cars getting older and the prices turning civic worthy, guys like you are showing up more and more. Don't worry, I don't think it has bottomed out so one day you will probably understand what I am talking about.
"My point is, with our cars getting older and the prices turning civic worthy, guys like you are showing up more and more."

Is that really NOT a statement on my finances? Do either of you two ever bust into double digits w/ your IQ? And of all the people to comment on coming to understand something. Really.

I understand the gang up mentality as you're circling the wagons around your fearless leader, but it's trite at this point and contrary to your opinion of yourself, your humor isn't even in the realm of base-humor. Fart jokes while making the noises w/ your mouth would be wittier at this point.

And let us all take note that Frank has/had no issue w/ the VCS threads literally being stacked on one another this week, but he's still digging the panties out over me saying the search sucks and his inability to prove a coherent point. Once again, my naivete expected a higher level of intellect and discussion.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"My point is, with our cars getting older and the prices turning civic worthy, guys like you are showing up more and more."

Is that really NOT a statement on my finances? Do either of you two ever bust into double digits w/ your IQ? And of all the people to comment on coming to understand something. Really.

I understand the gang up mentality as you're circling the wagons around your fearless leader, but it's trite at this point and contrary to your opinion of yourself, your humor isn't even in the realm of base-humor. Fart jokes while making the noises w/ your mouth would be wittier at this point.

And let us all take note that Frank has/had no issue w/ the VCS threads literally being stacked on one another this week, but he's still digging the panties out over me saying the search sucks and his inability to prove a coherent point. Once again, my naivete expected a higher level of intellect and discussion.
I find your personal attacks hurtful and demeaning. I motion for your banning. Good day sir.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
I just went through all of this.

L8 Apex, I strongly urge that you calm down and exit this conversation, otherwise a ban will be in order.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
L8 apex,

I got no problem with the VCS threads because maverick actually searched and revived a 2011 thread and greekspec isnt asking question but showing his result of his mods with pictures and information provided.

You did neither. You did not even ask the question in the thread that is only two months old you found previously. Instead of asking to see if anyone in that thread has any new information you started a new thread.