C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

c55 idle issue, TB cleaning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
Finally got to this on Saturday, and what a difference! Just off idle the car is smoother and seems a bit more willing- idle is completely smooth. Totally understand what you guys are saying about leaning across the V8. The backs of my legs are still sore!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c55T
I'm having trouble with the connector. I cannot remove it. I'm guessing it's only to squeese it together from the top and bottom of it and pull? Or am I missing something?

My breather hose had a half an inch long crack in it and a new one is prdered. Can this cause the engine to run less smooth, which now is the case?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by frejo
I'm having trouble with the connector. I cannot remove it. I'm guessing it's only to squeese it together from the top and bottom of it and pull? Or am I missing something?

My breather hose had a half an inch long crack in it and a new one is prdered. Can this cause the engine to run less smooth, which now is the case?

Mine was stuck a bit too. I squeezed both top and bottom and used a small flathead screwdriver to kinda push it off a bit. Once it moved a bit, it was easy.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had to get the MAF free from the elbow to get leverage on that connector. I'm enjoying the results - just take your time to avoid breaking anything
Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 AM

c55T
Thanks,

I managed to wiggle the connector lose with a screwdriver, then it was pretty straight forward. Unfortunately it didn't do as much as I hoped for with the vibrations my engine's having, but that's another thread I guess...
Old 05-30-2013, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you are having constant vibrating at stop lights you may need to look into motor mounts. I had them done on my car about four months ago and that stopped 90% of the shakes and tightened up the nose of the car. The tb cleaning solved the last little tremor that the car would do every ten seconds or so at a stop light.
Best of Luck
Old 05-30-2013, 01:30 PM

c55T
Originally Posted by ghiaguy
If you are having constant vibrating at stop lights you may need to look into motor mounts. I had them done on my car about four months ago and that stopped 90% of the shakes and tightened up the nose of the car. The tb cleaning solved the last little tremor that the car would do every ten seconds or so at a stop light.
Best of Luck
I thought this as well and changed my mounts a couple of weeks ago. I also put in some fuel additive. I think that everything Ive done so far has made things a little better but it is not really as it should yet. I will now hook the car up to a computer and see what it says. But since Im not having a CEL, Im not holding my breath...
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 CLS63 S AMG
Just did this DIY this morning. The car was shaking more than usual and lurching forward in stop n go traffic. I`ve been reluctant to get my hands dirty with this car due to my lack of mechanical know how. The two biggest obstacles were removing the electrical connector from the MAF sensor Im not sure who mentioned it in the actual DIY but it really did help to jostle it loose with a flat head screw driver so thank you. Also, figuring out how to remove the boot. I didn't know I had to pull off the breather hose. Either way, throttle and MAF cleaned and it drives beautifully. It seems much more willing to accelerate at any speed, partial throttle sends me flying past most traffic (not that I'd do that). Next is my crank position sensor which has been acting up for the last week. I just want to say thanks to you all for the information on this, I rarely post but am reading quite often and this site has been invaluable to me, I even turned my pops on to it.

Last edited by CerBErusM113; 07-09-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C55 AMG
I did this procedure this weekend and cleaning the TB works wonders on the smoothness of the engine. I did the ECU reset with the throttle pedal and the result of the combination is fantastic. One casualty was the plastic bracket. It was easy taking out but would not re-clip back because of the brittleness. I had to buy a new one from the dealer. All of $6. Not bad. Thanks for the posts. Really helpful!
Old 02-12-2015, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, BMW 535i, Mazda Cx-7, Nissan 240sx
Hey guys I guessing trying to resurrect this lol
I've been having idle and stalling issues, replaced sensors, no dice
So I'm going to clean the throttle body. I know it requires a t55 to unbolt, but my biggest concern is do I have to get the throttle body reprogrammed after installing? I've heard electronic tbs are like that...