C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

HELP!! ESP Visit Workshop error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32 LET Stage I
HELP!! ESP Visit Workshop error

I just started getting the ESP Visit Workshop error and Supercharger cutting in/out on my '03 C32 with 95K miles. Took it to a local shop to read the codes and came back with the following list:

ESP
C1038 - Engine control module not identified or incorrect module
C1022 - CAN communication with the engine system is faulty
C1112 - L6/2 (Right front speed sensor): Signal fault
C1102 - L6/1 (Left front speed sensor): Signal fault
C1024 - CAN communication with engine system is faulty

ECT
P2402 - The RF wheel speed RMP from traction system via CAN bus is Implausible
P2403 - The LF wheel speed RMP from traction system via CAN bus is Implausible
P2312/P2311 - One or more messages from ECU are not available via CAN bus
P2001 - Component N115/3 (ETC Module) is faulty

All these errors and the mechanic doesn't know whats wrong.

I will try to clean the TPS connection and see if that fixing the issue, but really need help with what could cause this many codes thrown.

Appreciate any help I can get.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:20 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe P31
How old is your battery?

A battery with low voltage will start giving you electrical gremlins, especially on a Merecedes . My odometer and speedometer stop working and gave me a "Display Error - Visit Workshop" and my ESP stopped working. Also, my brake wear indicator started displaying even though I replaced the brake pads 10k miles ago. Tried cleaning the connector by the wheel well and using dielectric grease on connector and 1 day later same issue appeared. Scanned the ecu with a STAR computer and low voltage error came up and can not read ESP module. Replaced the battery with OEM one and brake wear sensor and no issues since.

When my battery was low, the car would turn over a couple of times before it would start. The starter was really weak with the low voltage. Now, the starter is really strong as more is power present and car starts right up.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:36 PM

'03 C32 LET Stage I
Battery is newish (2 years old) and tested fine, no issues starting. Just cleaned the TPS connector and before I could take it for a test drive, checked the air filters (green air filters) and found drivers side with rubber lips starting to come off. Will buy new air filters and test tomorrow to see if TPS connector cleaning makes a difference. Not too hopeful since out of all the above errors, there is nothing about TPS.

If I can't figure out what is going on, only option I have is to take to the stealership and see if they can find out whats causing ESP and all the errors.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal to see if it clears the codes. When you reconnect the terminal you will get the esp error, but all you have to do is turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right. Your car being sluggish could be due to a bad intercooler pump or maybe it's time to change plugs and wires.

Try that to see if the codes return. Has the car been in the rain recently? Maybe something got wet. Maybe the rear sam? Have you checked your fuses?
Old 05-31-2013, 11:31 AM

'03 C32 LET Stage I
After more troubleshooting, found IC pump not running all the time. Installed a new pump and it won't run at all now. Took it to stealership to have codes read and they said P207C code which means supercharger is bad and needs to be replaced for $6500 among other stuff that needs attention, total for everything fixed $12,700. The car is not even worth that much and stealership has no shame in asking for that kind of money, I guess thats why we call it stealership.

So far I have checked fuse #5 (looks good) and replaced Relay C but IC pump still won't come on. Any advise on what I should check for next.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Check out this thread. Hopefully it helps.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...c32-world.html
Old 05-31-2013, 08:42 PM

'03 C32 LET Stage I
A new update, the pump is working fine and is so quiet that I couldn't hear or even feel it running. I had to run the car, unplug and replug the pump (with engine running) to feel the difference.

So now with the pump running, why would supercharger only work when engine is cold (1st start in the morning) and then cut off? Could it be the IAT sensor? Where is it located and how can I check it?

Any other components that would cause this behavior? I don't think its the clutch since it engages fine when cold.