Battery Alternator Visit Workshop Warning Issue C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Battery Alternator Visit Workshop Warning Issue C32

Last week I randomly got the battery alternator visit workshop warning. Eventually I got the undervoltage consumer defective warning as well and the battery alternator warning would come up every time I was driving. A few days later the car started to die while I was driving. Once I parked it the battery was dead and would not start.

I took the battery to be tested and recharged. I was told that battery was good and I reinstalled the battery in the car and it fired up right a way. I was still getting the battery alternator warning so I concluded that it was the alternator. I removed the alternator from my car and took it to have it rebuilt. I get to the place and they tell me that the alternator is fine. I told them to go through it and replace anything that might cause a problem. They replaced the brushes on the voltage regulator and I went to put the alternator back on the car.

I get everything installed and the battery alternator warning is still coming up. This time I take it to a few places to have the battery and alternator tested. Everyone tells me that the alternator and the battery are good and that everything is working correctly. I have a friend hook up my car to STAR and he tells me that everything tests correctly and he's not sure why the warning will not go away.

I've tested the volts through the obd2 port and the voltage stays consistent, but it reads a bit low. When tested with a multimeter everything reads correctly.

I've done tons of research and even saw jturkel's engine ground solution, but nothing seems to work. I wonder if there is something out of spec with my alternator causing the warning to come up. Anybody have any ideas of why the warning will not go away?

My issue seems similar to Jturkel, but I'm not getting the low voltage consumer defect warning anymore. https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...or-help-2.html

Last edited by loudandheard; 05-13-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:56 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Hmm

If you post the VIN# I can research this strange issue.

whunter@pelicanparts.com

Old 05-15-2013, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Thanks, email sent.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
OK

Originally Posted by loudandheard
Thanks, email sent.
After eliminating all the diagnosis you have gone through.

My best guess is one or both SAM modules are having one of their odd failure modes.

SAM module
MB# 2035454701
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...I1.x=14&I1.y=9

SAM module
MB# 2039060005
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...I1.x=13&I1.y=7

whunter@pelicanparts.com