C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 brake/turn/backup LED bulb retrofit. Possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GLE400
C55 brake/turn/backup LED bulb retrofit. Possible?

Has anyone ever successfully installed LED bulbs on their C55's?

I recently bought some LED's from AZNOptic's which were supposed to have built in resistors already, but unfortunatley they still threw error codes. I think this is primarily becuase his test vehicles have been W204's. I'm currently in communication with him about making C55 compatible LED bulbs, but this will be purely experimental and may end up costing me alot of money since he cannot warrant experiemental stuff. (the guys got awesome customer service btw)

Anyways, I would like to see if there have been any other past experiences on here with LED (turn signals, brake lights, and back up light) bulbs. I'm trying to go with the plug and play route (with built in resistors) and would like to avoid cutting my wiring to soldering additional resisters.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
lol I run there's with no issue...I have them in license plate, city lights, and side markers...I also have my entire interior outfitted with LEDs....

I have had no luck finding brake lights and turn signals in LED format that will even fit much less turn on when I signal them...so all of those are regular bulbs
Old 06-07-2013, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GLE400
Originally Posted by maverik259
lol I run there's with no issue...I have them in license plate, city lights, and side markers...I also have my entire interior outfitted with LEDs....

I have had no luck finding brake lights and turn signals in LED format that will even fit much less turn on when I signal them...so all of those are regular bulbs
thanks for the reply! yea it appears most people use it for the city lights and plate lights which don't seem to run much of any issue. Guess there hasn't been much tampering with the actual brake/signal/reverse lights ehh?
Old 03-03-2015, 03:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C55 AMG
Reviving this older thread to see if anyone has successfully installed any led bulbs for the tail light turn signal or reverse bulbs as the o.p. was inquiring. I tried aznoptics LEDs in my turn signals and reverse lights for my C55 and it threw codes as well. Has anyone found a bulb or bulb-resistor combo that has worked in their c55? Thanks!