YEAH! Forum is up.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 09:05 AM
dfc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03' C32, 98' Civic EX
YEAH! Forum is up.

Wow, I couldn't belive how much I missed this forum when it was down. Thanks for the masters who brought the forum back, despite all those major difficulties described in the announcement section. It was a daily routine for me to check the msg board and seek out valuable posts. It just so happened that I was going to do the mirror mod and the Y-Split mod; but the 2 weeks downtime left me sitting anxiously, waiting for it to come back.

Luckily I vaguely remembered steps from the mirror mod, and after some initial fumble w/ taking off the mirror cover, I finally managed to swap the transparent ones on. Neat. I did manage to snap some crude photos during the process; and if anyone is interested, I can post them up with description.

Now onto the questions. I tried to get the H&R C/O and Evo sways installed last week. The shop who I took my car for the work told me they couldn't do it (after the tech removed the wheels). Reason being that MB needed some special tools to remove the suspension parts. Have you guys had, or heard of similar issues when doing your suspension upgrades? They couldn't even get the sway bar on; that didn't seem right!
Old 11-13-2003, 12:06 PM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
yeah...post the pics!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:04 PM

Porsche Turbo Stage 4, Cayenne S ... gone C43, C32, ML55 & Ducati 999.
Finally.......!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:42 PM

2011 C63, 2004 S500, 2013 E350, 2013 Ody Elite
I know. YEAH! I don't have to watch TV now!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 12:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: YEAH! Forum is up.

Originally posted by dfc
Now onto the questions. I tried to get the H&R C/O and Evo sways installed last week. The shop who I took my car for the work told me they couldn't do it (after the tech removed the wheels). Reason being that MB needed some special tools to remove the suspension parts. Have you guys had, or heard of similar issues when doing your suspension upgrades? They couldn't even get the sway bar on; that didn't seem right!
Be glad they admitted this to you prior to performing any work! It appears that they simply aren't competent in the areas necessary to install the suspension upgrades on your car. A Mercedes spring compressor is helpful, but not necessary. A common trick is to remove the lower control arm bolt and remove the entire strut. As for the sway bars....I don't know what tips to give. You unbolt the stock ones and bolt the new ones back on.

Let me know if you need any more help. Is anyone here local who can recommend an installation facility?

Thanks,

Ben