C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Suspension woes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension woes...

I've read various messages on this board about changing out the coilovers and swaybars to improve handling/cornering. Can someone give me some more details? I love everything about my C32 except the suspension. I think it absolutely sucks for a car that was as expensive as the C32.

I was driving a Boxster before, which had a spectacular suspension. I could take corners at 45+ and barely roll at all. If I change to new coilovers and swaybars, will I get close to that type of handling with the C32? How much firmer will the ride be? I don't want to turn my car into something that is not comfortable for long drives...

Suggestions?

Please include approximate pricing if you know. Also, where should I get this stuff installed? I'm in Austin, Texas.

Finally, would I be able to save the stock parts and return the car to stock if I wanted (i.e. does anything have to be welded or destroyed to remove the stock suspension)?

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
get a set of H&R coilovers and evosport swaybars! you won't be disappointed.

Jerry
Old 11-14-2003, 07:53 PM

C32 AMG
coming from a boxster i think youll be dissappointed with any setup you get for the C32.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Almost a Member!

C32
Good point. There is only so much you can do with a 3550 lbs car. Weight is the enemy. You need to have reasonable expectations with a 4 door sedan, unless you want to gut the interior and or get springs with 800+ lbs spring rates
Old 11-15-2003, 12:40 PM

Understood

I don't expect to get a ride like the Boxster - I'd just like to get closer to that than stock.

The main thing is that I don't want to ride to be terribly uncomfortable (i.e. really harsh) - how is the ride with the H&R setup?
Old 11-15-2003, 02:09 PM

C230 Komp Sedan - 2003
torenzicht,
Good to see another mbworld member in Austin. I am also in Austin. I have a C230 Komp Sedan (should have got the C32 ) and I got H&R Cup Kits which is basicaly springs with match shocks. I really like how my car handles now better than stock plus i think it makes it 10 times look better. The reason I got the H&R cup kits was because of the price and H&R quality. If you don't mind spening more, I would get the coilovers as someone suggested. Also I beleive one of the members with C32 had problems with the Cup Kit - I persoanlly have had no problems.

As far as install you have to watch out, I got quouts as high as $700 bucks! Through a friend I found these guys which are really cool and know what they are doing, there shops name is MZM International, they did the install for me in 5 hours for $300 flat. Plus they are really nice people.

Let me know if you are interested to meet and we can go for a ride in my car... also if you can give me ride in your car and show me the full potential of a C32 that may bring me one step closer to buying one I test drove a C32 here in austin but couldn't really get on it since the dealer dude came with