C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Odd behavior after repair involving fuel line disconnect?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
Odd behavior after repair involving fuel line disconnect?

This weekend I changed the valve cover gaskets and the SC pulley bearing in my fiancee's 2003 C32 AMG. Everything went very smooth, but I did have to disconnect the Fuel line going to the rail to access the driver side valve cover (and a good little amount of fuel came out). Upon initial start after the repair, you could hear the rail pressurizing and the car started fine. While she was out she made a stop at a friends house and upon starting the car when she left she said it was revving high as if you were pressing the gas pedal but she wasnt, so she turned it off, restarted it and it was fine. Then on the way home she said there was a time where upon acceleration there was a moment between shifts (it an automatic) that it seemed fuel starved as if she needed to press the pedal to give it gas but this seemed to do little until it shifted it seemed to recover. I test drove it when she got home and it seemed fine (of course right!).

I am just curious if this could be an after effect of having disconnect the fuel line before the fuel rail during the repair and maybe there was air in the line or something? Should this work itself out? Then again it could be just a coincidence, any thoughts?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
Did you re-connect the vacuum hose located underneath the driver side airbox..? If the hose is not connected or loose it makes the engine rev high at a complete stop or on park..
Old 05-12-2014, 07:25 AM

2003 C32 AMG
Yes I did. There was only one, as you said, on the drivers side airbox, it was about an inch thick black hose right? Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:41 AM

2003 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by saer1one
Did you re-connect the vacuum hose located underneath the driver side airbox..? If the hose is not connected or loose it makes the engine rev high at a complete stop or on park..
Saer1one!!!! Thanks!! when I went out to double check that hose, it was still good to go.... HOWEVER, I remember having to move a vacuum line (the one near the fuel line) over a bit while working and when I pulled it up to check it.. BAM! Disconnected! Hopefully that was it. It was the small 1/4 black line that runs to a some kind of a valve/sensor block on the sidewall (dont have a manual, not sure what that is) so this surely could have been causing that vacuum issue. Thanks again for your post, it made me double check and find the issue!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
Lets hope that the disconnected hose was the culprit.. Keep us posted on the issue..
Old 05-12-2014, 05:41 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Actually I think it was an intermittent TPS... It threw an "ECS See workshop" error on the dash and I took it to get the codes scanned. It called out the TPS with code P0120 and P0221. But after reseating the wiring harness it seemed to go away and has been fine since.... crossing my fingers that's all it was....