Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
AC only blows cold if on recirculate??

Anyone ever experience this?

My AC seems to only blow cold air if i keep it on recirculate which just started happening. I used to be able to run it on recirculate or external air and the AC would blow cold equally good even if the outside temps were 85+ degrees or more.

only recent work done was repair of fuel rail and dampner and then had a 178mm pulley installed with tune.

The external filter above the battery is a bit dirty but its only 1 year old, so probably need to change that but i cant imagine that would cause the AC to not blow any cold when on external air?
Old 07-02-2014, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 CLS 63, '91 E34 M5 Dinan Stroker
I've been curious about my AC as well. Some days it just doesn't seem to blow out cols enough air. Recirc or non recirc. I had system serviced with 134a last summer but still seems to struggle on really hot days. I live in AZ, have tints but a black interior. I had my cabin filter on battery changed last year and it doesn't look dirty so I've just chalked it up to an inefficient system with AZ heat. I notice it most when in slow-moving traffic of course. I can't imagine sucking in warm engine bay air for the AC helps.