C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

02 c32 4 grand?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Integra gsr
02 c32 4 grand?

I have found a silver 02 c32 w/ 130k and have the guy ready to sell for 4k. I'm stoked, I go to look at the car tomm
Old 01-06-2015, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A teal Vespa with tassles and glitter. You know you're jealous.
If it is in great working condition that is a steal.

A couple things to check.
--Make sure the A/C works and also make sure that when you change it to floor, vent, dash etc that it blows that way. The stepper motors for the doors are notorious for having bad linkages, and while relatively cheap DIY for parts, it is a chore to take out the dash to replace them. This wont affect performance or reliability just comfort when youd like air to blow a certain area.
--The OEM intercooler pump is known to fail. While the car is still able to be driven, your performance will suffer. A way to test it to drive the car. Once the car is warmed up you can press the throttle down and unleash some of that power. Do this a few times in a row. If the intercooler pump is faulty you will notice that when you try to get on it after a few times the car will feel sluggish as if there is no supercharger ( because it is not engaging). This is a relatively cheap part to replace and not a terrible job to do yourself.
--Pop the hood and look for any visible oil seepage, leaks , blow by mist etc, around the valve cover and on the pulleys etc. Just to make sure that there arent any "surprises" later. These cars are known to sometimes have the breather chambers ( on top of the valve covers) leak small amounts of oil. Its a simple fix, but if left unattended can be messy.
---- Also while looking under the hood, have the car running and watch and listen to the pulleys. If you hear any squeaking, chirping try to pin point it. The pulleys arent too terribly expensive. The supercharger bearing can be purchased on line for under $75 most places. Just replaced mine a few months ago for $35.

Id say check those things out and look for any other things that may be costly such as fluid leaks. I would recommend searching some issues for C32's on the site. I know there is an issue with the radiator leaking into the transmission via the transmission cooler line. The brand of radiator ( valeo I believe) and the part number of the bad radiator is listed in a few places on this site.

I have had mine for 4 years and loved it!! It is a blast to drive and has been a reliable car for me. Good luck with it!!

Andrew
Old 01-06-2015, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
The above advice is great and should be followed.

Just remember there is nothing quite as as expensive as a cheep Mercedes.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:58 PM

2002 c32
Check the seat control modules as well. These can cause a heck of a battery drain and also pop a fuse that shuts off the s/c
Old 01-07-2015, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
C55s are known for heated seats that don't work. Maybe C32s are also known for faulty heated seats. Can't hurt to check the heated seats if they seem to function correctly.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
C55s are known for heated seats that don't work. Maybe C32s are also known for faulty heated seats. Can't hurt to check the heated seats if they seem to function correctly.
This is true. it is caused by kneeling in the seat. the heat pad is ridged and breaks. My clk has the same problem
Old 01-07-2015, 11:39 PM

Acura Integra gsr
So looks like she just needs a little tlc. I'm blown away, I knew it had to have at least a salvage title, turned out 0 accidents on the carfax. Outside she is perfect except a few Lil details. Inside no rips or tears the passenger speaker plastic is broken and the shifter is missing the c32 badge. But that's it!. The last owner distastefully took the cats out, and ran straight pipes to a MagnaFlow muffler. She sounds nasty but kinda I'n a good way.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:43 PM

Acura Integra gsr
How do I post pics on here?