C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

CPS - Where to buy OEM Mercedes part (0031532828)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, C55 (sold), 2002 C32 (sold)
CPS - Where to buy OEM Mercedes part (0031532828)?

Hi All,

I was having problems with my CPS on my 05 C55. I purchased an aftermarket part and after spending a ton of money at the dealer getting it replaced, I picked up the car and it stalled on me 10 mins after leaving the dealer. It was a disaster, car stalled on the highway in a dangerous spot and waited for hours until a tow truck finally came.

Anyway, I'm looking to buy an OEM mercedes CPS, the dealer quoted $215 for the part which is crazy money so I got the part number from him which is 0031532828. I found two links below, the first one is "OEM" and the second is "Genuine Mercedes". Whats the difference between the two? I would like to make sure whatever I buy is the real deal so I don't spend an arm and a leg again just to have it stall on me again.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...32828-31532829

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...sor-0031532828

Also, if anyone knows where I can get one thats guaranteed to be OEM Mercedes please let me know ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 09-19-2015, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
OEM is the original equipment manufacturer. Mercedes Benz doesn't manufacture their CPS. Bosch makes them for Mercedes Benz. Bosch is the CPS OEM for Mercedes Benz. Genuine Mercedes Benz is the part that comes from the dealer's parts department and it typically has the MB logo.

An OEM part is not supposed to have the MB logo, but if it's a Bosch CPS and the part number is 0261210170, then it's the right part. It should be in sealed plastic wrap, but I suppose someone could have them knocked off in China, plastic wrap them, and use fake labels. Just buy the Bosch part from Autohaus or Pelican. They cost about $35 and those two retailers order real Bosch parts.

I've swapped a CPS in an M113 and it takes about 20 minutes if I take photos. Less if I leave the camera alone. Don't drop the bolt or it's going to take a lot longer. Lastly, some retailers advertise that a manufacturer is an OEM, and they are, but they aren't the manufacturer of the part being advertised. Hope that makes sense.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 154 Likes on 108 Posts
Mercedes
For sensor's I typically label it OEM if it's a Genuine piece that I cannot advertise as Genuine. It is typical that Bosch is the OE for position sensors, and if its a retail box Bosch part I'll list it as Bosch and quality as OE. A retail box Genuine item will be listed on the site as Genuine Mercedes.

In the picture below, I replaced cam position sensors on an Audi C6 last week using a Genuine Audi part that was "brand neutralized" and that is an example of a part that would be listed as OEM on the website.

--Kyle

The actual OE part that you would receive.

Last edited by FCPEuro; 09-21-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:15 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Originally Posted by ryad32
Hi All,

I was having problems with my CPS on my 05 C55. I purchased an aftermarket part and after spending a ton of money at the dealer getting it replaced, I picked up the car and it stalled on me 10 mins after leaving the dealer. It was a disaster, car stalled on the highway in a dangerous spot and waited for hours until a tow truck finally came.

Anyway, I'm looking to buy an OEM mercedes CPS, the dealer quoted $215 for the part which is crazy money so I got the part number from him which is 0031532828. I found two links below, the first one is "OEM" and the second is "Genuine Mercedes". Whats the difference between the two? I would like to make sure whatever I buy is the real deal so I don't spend an arm and a leg again just to have it stall on me again.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get one thats guaranteed to be OEM Mercedes please let me know ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Can purchase them HERE. There are several customer reviews about the individual parts listed there. To answer your question, there is some really good info HERE.

Last edited by PelicanParts.com; 09-21-2015 at 12:17 PM.