C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

When servicing a used Mercedes... I want a loaner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When servicing a used Mercedes... I want a loaner!

Are there any dealers that will give you a loaner? I find it really annoying that I get treated differently being a used Mercedes owner than a new Mercedes owner.

Are there any dealers in the Boston area that will give a loaner car even if you did not buy the car being serviced from them?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:02 PM

'02 C32 AMG
if you bought the car from that dealer, they will be alot nicer to you
Old 03-02-2004, 03:02 PM

2011 C63, 2004 S500, 2013 E350, 2013 Ody Elite
All my dealers treat me the same either you bought or not bought the car from them or even on used car. All provide loaner as long as the car still under factory warranty.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G
Originally posted by DL_AMG
All my dealers treat me the same either you bought or not bought the car from them or even on used car. All provide loaner as long as the car still under factory warranty.

exactly and even at the dealer i goto they either give you c-class or toyota camry's when they run out. but if it's a scheduled service you can make appointment to get a c-class.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Banned

2004 C32 AMG
Our dealership here in St. Louis, MO gives us Ford Taurus's! Talk about a crappy loaner! Does all other MB Dealerships give out MB's as loaners? Or am I the only one in the entire country that has to drive a Taurus around....?
Old 03-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
I have a used C32, which I didn't buy from my local dealer....but I've always been given a C class loaner. The last time I booked my car in the service manager suggested I come in on a different day to the one I requested because he didn't want to lend me a Smart

Although if it was a Brabus.....

Old 03-02-2004, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Re: When servicing a used Mercedes... I want a loaner!

Originally posted by kushal
Are there any dealers that will give you a loaner? I find it really annoying that I get treated differently being a used Mercedes owner than a new Mercedes owner.

Are there any dealers in the Boston area that will give a loaner car even if you did not buy the car being serviced from them?
Are you doing warranty work? If not...I suggest Hatch & Sons in Wayland. They're an independent dealer and they do good work from what I hear. I just started using them a few months ago, only an oil change so far, but having a few things repaired soon. They're rates are cheaper than the dealer ($60/hour vs $95/hour) and they do give out MB loaners. I have an appointment for our ML this fri (damn fuel sensor) and I got a loaner..I'll see what it is. I think they give out older benzes, like SEL's (which are nice) but just older, but I'll see what they give.

As far as dealers around boston for warranty stuff, I haven't been to one yet that gives out MB loaners (unless you know them very well). Foreign Motors West in Natick uses Enterprise. Acutally, come to think of it, Mercedes of Westwood (formerly Clair MB) just moved to their new location (largest MB dealer in NE)...they may give out MB loaners...give them a call. they're great guys, bought all our cars from them.

Good luck!

BTW, if you don't mind RI, Viti MB drives a loaner to you, picks up your car and back for you, so you get a MB loaner I believe...tho it is a long haul from boston area (about 40 miles outside of Boston)
Old 03-02-2004, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Re: When servicing a used Mercedes... I want a loaner!

Originally posted by GDawgC220
Are you doing warranty work? If not...I suggest Hatch & Sons in Wayland. They're an independent dealer and they do good work from what I hear. I just started using them a few months ago, only an oil change so far, but having a few things repaired soon. They're rates are cheaper than the dealer ($60/hour vs $95/hour) and they do give out MB loaners. I have an appointment for our ML this fri (damn fuel sensor) and I got a loaner..I'll see what it is. I think they give out older benzes, like SEL's (which are nice) but just older, but I'll see what they give.

As far as dealers around boston for warranty stuff, I haven't been to one yet that gives out MB loaners (unless you know them very well). Foreign Motors West in Natick uses Enterprise. Acutally, come to think of it, Mercedes of Westwood (formerly Clair MB) just moved to their new location (largest MB dealer in NE)...they may give out MB loaners...give them a call. they're great guys, bought all our cars from them.

Good luck!

BTW, if you don't mind RI, Viti MB drives a loaner to you, picks up your car and back for you, so you get a MB loaner I believe...tho it is a long haul from boston area (about 40 miles outside of Boston)
so thats who u use now? I am going to start taking the ML there.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:44 PM

C32
I took my car to Autobahn motors in Belmont, CA (SF bay area) and they have given me a C240 4matic and also a ML 350 as a loaner. My understanding is they, and it seems that most MB dealers, work with Enterprise to give out MB loaners. I didn't buy the car from them but the Service personnel has always asked me if I need a car for the day.

They don't have a whole lot though, so I always make sure I go in early, around 7- 8 a.m. By 8 most of the MLs are gone and you often stuck with a 240 wagon :O.

Since there are several MB dealers in the Bay Area, they compete aggressively for customers so they need to use their Service dept as a way to retain or even grab new customers. If the service continues to be pleasant I will buy my next MB from this dealer.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
my dealer (cutter motors) only has 5 loaner cars for their whole mercedes division. :o
Old 03-02-2004, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Re: Re: Re: When servicing a used Mercedes... I want a loaner!

Originally posted by AlBoston
Yup...that's who I use now. My SA at FMW left so no more hook up's :p

They raised their labor rates to $100/hour...so that was enough of that.

The wayland guys are great...easy to talk to, gives honest answers, etc. I'm brining our ML there this fri for the fuel sensor (hopefully won't be too much) cuz we have no gas gauge for a week now :p

Look for Ed Owen, good guy. His extension is 220.

Let me know how it works out for you there. Just remember, there's no warranty work there available...MB does not recognize them as a authorized dealer.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
i don't remember ever being offered a loner...a rental car, yes...but they usually just shuttle me back and forth...also reimburse the taxi cab cost... european motors in sf...
Old 03-05-2004, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Re: Re: Re: When servicing a used Mercedes... I want a loaner!

Originally posted by AlBoston
got my loaner today for droppin' the ML off. '93 300E 2.8

They give older MB's as loaners, but they're in pretty good condition. They use cars from trade-in's I think, but they maintain them well. The ride on the 300E is incredible...so smooth like our S. Interior is starting to get dated, but it's a MB, can't complain

They have some turbo-diesels, SEL's, E's as loaners. When u get there, they say, u got a loaner, right? Lemme go get the key. They return and they just hand it to you and send you on your way. Quick, 5-10 minutes in and out.