Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Oil Level

I've just checked the engine oil level & the prompt was " PERF SERV ON TIME"

My manual doesn't explain this. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2004, 12:53 PM

'02 C32 AMG
Re: Oil Level

Originally posted by Aero
I've just checked the engine oil level & the prompt was " PERF SERV ON TIME"

My manual doesn't explain this. Can anyone help?

Thanks
i havnt changed my oil in 9k and the oil level is still fine
Old 04-08-2004, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
I got on an elevator this morning with a rather stupid-looking punk, who proceeded to ask me if, to get to the sixth floor, he should press the "6" button. I replied that he could do that, "or press 3 twice." The sad ending: He pressed 3 twice.

The moral of this story. Sometimes things really are "that simple." Your car is giving you a friendly (albeit useless) reminder to "PERFORM YOUR SERVICE ON TIME." The guy who came up with the idea of placing this message on the C32 computer screen probably also has his spoons, knives, and forks all appropriately labeled with a P-Touch. ****-retention is a German (not to mention Swiss) epidemic (which is why they build such good cars and watches).

They caught everyone who shot Kennedy, and your car is not in the midst of a sinister self-destruct plot.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally posted by Vomit
I got on an elevator this morning with a rather stupid-looking punk, who proceeded to ask me if, to get to the sixth floor, he should press the "6" button. I replied that he could do that, "or press 3 twice." The sad ending: He pressed 3 twice.

The moral of this story. Sometimes things really are "that simple." Your car is giving you a friendly (albeit useless) reminder to "PERFORM YOUR SERVICE ON TIME." The guy who came up with the idea of placing this message on the C32 computer screen probably also has his spoons, knives, and forks all appropriately labeled with a P-Touch. ****-retention is a German (not to mention Swiss) epidemic (which is why they build such good cars and watches).

They caught everyone who shot Kennedy, and your car is not in the midst of a sinister self-destruct plot.
Wonderful reply Vomit, thank you

However, your comments would make more sense if you'd have replied to the man in the lift that the bar was on the 2nd floor - afterall I asked Mr Benz how much oil was in the car

Anyway. I tried again and this time Mr Benz replied appropriately
Old 04-09-2004, 02:15 PM

C32AMG
PERF SERVICE ON TIME message

I've played with the oil level,as I don't like to have it any higher than necessary.When I refill after changing my oil,I initially put a little less in than was removed...this message usually pops up,or a message to actually "ADD 1 QUART OF OIL!".
Adding a bit more oil satisfies the level sensor and the warning disappears.
It seems that the "PERF SERVICE ON TIME" message simply indicates that the level sensor is near or at the lower limit of its' normal operating range.
I'll bet that if you add a half quart of oil it will go away.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:14 PM
av2

C32 AMG
As you just shut off your engine, you are forced to wait about 8-10 minutes before you can measure your oil level. If you tried to do this before this period of time, the screen will indicate: PERF SERVICE ON TIME. Just wait a few more minutes, and try again. The message will go away.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Mr. Benz is dead, so you are hallucinating.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 AM

C220 CDI Elegence Aut.
Having had the exact question as the OP, I've had an enjoyable read to get to Steve's and av2's post for the answer which I can confirm answers my question fully.

To Aero, my thanks for asking the question all that time ago.

To Vomit, my thanks for the entertainment at least!

To Steve Clark & av2, my thanks for the answer.

and to MgnFicnT, [not forgetting you of course] ... Don't forget to change your oil sometime.

Safe Driving

Last edited by jackwall5; 02-12-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling