C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Auto tranny coolant line- please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2017 | 02:17 PM

C32
Auto tranny coolant line- please help!

Just changed out my valeo radiator out for a behr. For the last 5 hours I've been trying to re-attach the transmission coolant line to the radiator. It popped off when I started the car and puked oil everywhere.

It seems em s like I just can't get it in all the way where the c clip is supposed to catch on the grooves. Any tips tricks hints or advice is greatly appreciated.

Car is 2002 c32
Old 08-07-2017 | 11:23 AM

'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
Had the same problem when I replaced my radiator.
I don't know ant tricks, just pulled it out, cleaned it and gave it a good shove until it clicked in.
I think the alignment for proper sliding in was the issue, as the lines are not very flexible.
Be persistent, and don't forget to top off the trans fluid after it is on place.
Old 08-07-2017 | 11:46 AM

C32
Originally Posted by kbob999
Had the same problem when I replaced my radiator.
I don't know ant tricks, just pulled it out, cleaned it and gave it a good shove until it clicked in.
I think the alignment for proper sliding in was the issue, as the lines are not very flexible.
Be persistent, and don't forget to top off the trans fluid after it is on place.
Thanks! After doing it for 3 plus hours. I thought I have tried every angle and have pushed it as hard as I can. I'm not really sure how any other angle would even be possible given how rigid the line is..

I'll probably give it another go tonight and see what happens.