C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Coolest feature on YOUR C32 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
I hope everybody ok. If that was my car I would be crying!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
C32 farewell

MR Rareamg:

Mr MgnFicnTo has shed some of his sorrow and tears with the group... as we have all on those sad pictures... however!!!... there is always a however... there was light at the end of the tunnel for Mr MgnFicnT when he heard the word E55... so now he is awaiting to get his paws on that car!!! --E55 that is-- .. can you beleive it!!.. he already has one E55 on his sights!!!... I can only imagine what kind of crash Mr MgnFicnTo will get out of that car ...

Knock on wood Mr MgnFicnT... good is that you are in one piece... good luck to you!!!.. shame you are not in the Ca area... then you've kicked my butt this Saturday for my smart *** comments!!!...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-12-2004, 04:04 AM

MBenz
Anybody here enabled the alarm "chirp" sound when you lock/unlock the car? I'd like to set mine. Anyone knows how to do it? Do we have to go to the technician/dealer?

I think it's better to have chirp sound than nothing as Lexus does.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would like to know too...

Thanks,
Rareamg
Old 05-12-2004, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Activation os Norway setting

Mr lpolo, Mr Rareamg:
The "chirp" setting on a Mercedes Benz is a feature that can be enable by the Dealer, they just have to plug in the car to the Mercedes Benz's Star system and turn the feature on. Though in Europe is common to have the "chirping" on, in the US, cars by default are delivered with the "chirping" option disabled (turned off, etc). This feature is also referred by dealers as the "Norway" setting (Netherlands and some other countries that have that feature by default enabled.. basically in the Star System, the technician chooses the country option that offers the chirping).
Depending on the country option that is selected, the Panic button may become inoperable (panic button may stop working after the "Chirping" feature has been enabled... that has to do with the country code selected as there are some country codes that allow chirping and still retain the panic button function.

I have the "chirping" feature enabled in my car. I am used to hearing the sound as I walk away from the vehicle which "confirms" to me the car is locked.
The sound of the chirping is identical to the sound BMWs make when locked, just that Mercedes Benz does 3 small chirps, one with each flash of the lights.

That is all the information that I can share, I don't know the exact code selected in my car, but it all works, and it works really well

Maybe Mr Harris or some other member know the exact code, however most M Benz dealers know of the setting, worse case scenario, the technician will have to take a look at the M Benz online information and follow the instructions

Wiedermann
Old 05-12-2004, 04:41 AM

Nothing
Originally posted by lpolo
Anybody here enabled the alarm "chirp" sound when you lock/unlock the car? I'd like to set mine. Anyone knows how to do it? Do we have to go to the technician/dealer?

I think it's better to have chirp sound than nothing as Lexus does.
I'm just curious. Why is it that MB put different specs for different countrys? I can set the chirp setting on my onboard computer.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank Mr Wiedermann, Appreciate the feedback. Did they charge you to activate this feature? Did you request for this feature to be turn on? Or did you already have this feature enabled?

Thank you for dropping the knowledge on our cars
Old 05-12-2004, 04:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
C32 Alarm Chirp option

Originally posted by AMG FANATIC
I'm just curious. Why is it that MB put different specs for different countrys? I can set the chirp setting on my onboard computer.
Mr AMG FANATIC:

Once the "chirp" setting has been enabled, a sub menu option is also possible to display in the onboard control so drivers can activate the car lights/chirp and all the possible combinations for other convenience settings (those who have folding mirrors, etc, etc).

For organization and in many cases as required by Law, Mercedes Benz has car catalogs, settings, etc set for each country, and based on those country codes, cars have some features enabled/disabled by default and other (cars) simply don't have them ... (in Europe, Parktronic is standard feature in C class cars... in the USA some dealer's salesman that "don't know" their information well will tell you parktronic does not exist/is not available on C class vehicles ... )... some countries Daytime Running Lights are mandatory and on those countries that is mandatory, the option in the onboard convenience settings isn't available to turn the DRL (Daytime Running Lights) off... not to count that some countries the cars are set up differently (steering wheel on the left side or to the right side, whelp???? parts for the doors, etc etc have to be built for cars with each layout... in some cases, they apply only to certain countries... )

Wiedermann
Old 05-12-2004, 05:04 AM

Nothing
Re: C32 Alarm Chirp option

Originally posted by Wiedermann
Mr AMG FANATIC:

Once the "chirp" setting has been enabled, a sub menu option is also possible to display in the onboard control so drivers can activate the car lights/chirp and all the possible combinations for other convenience settings (those who have folding mirrors, etc, etc).

For organization and in many cases as required by Law, Mercedes Benz has car catalogs, settings, etc set for each country, and based on those country codes, cars have some features enabled/disabled by default and other (cars) simply don't have them ... (in Europe, Parktronic is standard feature in C class cars... in the USA some dealer's salesman that "don't know" their information well will tell you parktronic does not exist/is not available on C class vehicles ... )... some countries Daytime Running Lights are mandatory and on those countries that is mandatory, the option in the onboard convenience settings isn't available to turn the DRL (Daytime Running Lights) off... not to count that some countries the cars are set up differently (steering wheel on the left side or to the right side, whelp???? parts for the doors, etc etc have to be built for cars with each layout... in some cases, they apply only to certain countries... )

Wiedermann
Never thought about it that way.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Costs of Norway setting Activation

Originally posted by Rareamg
Thank Mr Wiedermann, Appreciate the feedback. Did they charge you to activate this feature? Did you request for this feature to be turn on? Or did you already have this feature enabled?

Thank you for dropping the knowledge on our cars
Mr Rareamg:
Activation of the Norway setting (as is commonly known. Please be advised some dealers call is also Netherlands, etc, etc --country codes that have the "chirping" enabled) should be a "no charge" change, provided your car is still under the warranty period by Mercedes Benz. I requested the feature to be turned back on. Originally, since I built my car directly in Europe, everything worked!! ... just to my surprise, when I had to process the paperwork to have the car shipped to the US and ultimately when it (the car) got to the US, the car didn't chirp and some other very disappointing features were missing/removed (Parktronic that still miss a lot), though I was told Parktronic would have to be removed if I wanted the dealer to ship the car (US regulations that on C classes unfortunately are not supposed to have Parktronic over some other detail of the turning lights, DMV blah, blah --E and other series don't have that problem--)... (originally my car had the "chirping" enabled and it had to be re-enabled by the dealership after the car arrived in the US)

That is just my 2 cents

Wiedemrann
Old 05-12-2004, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I called my dealer and they said it's not possible to have the car churp, when you turn the alarm on. How can I get my dealer to realize this option is available?

Any tips?
Old 05-12-2004, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Norway setting Activation

I called my dealer and they said it's not possible to have the car churp, when you turn the alarm on. How can I get my dealer to realize this option is available?

Any tips?
Mr Rareamg:
Just for clarification:
My vehicle does chirp when the car is locked and the alarm is enabled, if someone opened the car the alarm goes off... how did I test that??... whelp??? I locked the car with the remote control, the cars chirped and did its "thing" to lock itself, then I grabbed the valet key and opened the car manually.. the alarm did go off immediately!...

I would suggest (in no particular order):

-Call the USA Mercedes Benz customer service and present your problem. When my dealer tells me "they don't know how to do it"... a quick call to customer service, always causes a call back at a later time to schedule my car and get it done whatever it needs to get done in the vehicle. Ph that I have is 800-222-0100 (USA), however that may be the number to report your car is damaged, in an accident, etc... they can patch you through to the correct dpt.

-Have your dealership call mine and inquire how they set up the Norway setting (it is so simple to choose a country code, I don't understand how can a technician not know how to do it...what I've had is the service advisor who is writing up my work order tell me "I don't know what that is"... or "We can't do that".. .when talking about the Norway setting... all I had is call the technician to come to his area and when I asked about the setting, the technician knew exactly what I was talking about --Technician said.. "ok, I can turn on the setting"--). My dealer is Keyes European of Van Nuys Ph. 818-461-3910

-Maybe your Rare AMG is soo rare, the dealership doesn't know what to do with it?... kidding!!!!

I am not a Mechanic, so this field is not my "expertise", however, from what I've been told, once the car is plugged in the Star System, it is very easy to select the car to change to a different country code, the Star System works similar to what you would see in your onboard menus in the car, just there are many other settings and configuration changes that are reserved for service technicians only

Wiedermann
Old 05-12-2004, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Will do Mr Benz
Old 05-13-2004, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Did someone say that the 230k have the "side mirror tilting while in reverese"? I didn't know what. My 230k doesn't do that when i reverse. Am I missing something?
Old 05-13-2004, 11:45 AM

2009 GT-R
Fold Down Rear Seats

I like that C32's back seats fold down. Seems like it should be a standard feature in all cars, but I don't think the other C-Class cars have that option. It came in handy last week when I bought too much crap at Costco, and was able to pull the handles in the trunk and have the backseats fold down.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Chirping Feature

Man, my dealership wants to charge me 65.00 bucks to have these feature enabled. Does the Netherland setting change any other options on the vehicle??? I called MB and I was told it might change additional options in your car, they said dealerships are not suppose to make any changes to the country code settings.

Last edited by Rareamg; 05-13-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
C32 "Chirp" setting Activation

Mr RareAMG:
Man, my dealership wants to charge me 65.00 bucks to have these feature enabled. Does the Netherland setting change any other options on the vehicle??? I called MB and I was told it might change additional options in your car, they said dealerships are not suppose to make any changes to the country code settings.
Well, well, well... I am not surprised to hear that... when I called my dealership to have that setting activated, they said the same thing... well??? I didn't care over the phone what they said and brought the car in... all I told the service advisor is "I want the chirping feature activated on my car".. in indicated to him how difficult it is for me being used to have all my cars execpt my AMG one chirp, that I have to double check the car is actually locked, blah, blah... and MAINLY, that my AMGs that I have at home in Austria ALL came with the chirp feature. With that said, I was "letting" the service advisor know, that "crap" from him was not "part" of a good explanation and in short that I just wanted the feature enabled.
FYI (For Your Information): My Service advisor told me "I've never seen a C32 chirp before"... however I told him, that is a normal feature on the car... it is just turned off... whelp??? he called the technician to come to his desk and as I was standing there he asked him if that was possible ("Chirp" setting Activation) and the technician replied with confidence "yeah, I know what you want!, I can do that"... and he (the technician) explained to me, once the car is plugged in to the Star System, they can see what features the car has turned on and which features the cars doesn't have turned on... for example... cars sold in the USA have what is called a "VMax" chip that limits the speed of the car... whelp???... since the car has the speed limited to 155 mph... one option instead of removing the chip is to "increase" the top speed say to 999 mph which makes the "speed limiter" void the 155 mph limit... of course that is not legal and I would NEVER do that do my car --other options are to remove the chip and some shops do it.. however M Benz dealers will not remove the chip for you at any costs for liability and federal law compliancy... but nobody said that the speed limit could be changed??... --. As I was standing in front of my service advisor and the technician I asked him about the name of the change that I had heard "Norway" "Netherlands" for that setting and he (the technician) indicated to me that was the country code setting that is well known to have the "chirp" enabled from the start (obviously, it is easy to select a country code that has all the feathers enabled as to "manually" turn the chirping and make sure "everything" else works properly don't you think?).
Customer service always tells you that "you should not do this, or you should not do that... " etc.. however if you want something done and in this case the activation of the chirp feature is not a violation of US traffic and safety/transportation laws, you can have that enabled.
When I had my feature re-enabled here in California, at first my panic button didn't work.. that had to do with the country code the tech selected... whelp??? he took the car back and selected another country code that had both (panic and chirp) enabled and problem solved. (I was not charged for re-enabling the chirp feature.. and for the dealership knew, they were activating it for the "first time"... I had that feature onn before my car was shipped to the USA.. when it arrived, it had been turned off )

Any other excuses is just your dealership not wanting to do it... if they are charging you and you wanted it, pay now, complain later, eventually you will get the money refunded (I had a DVD lost/removed from the car's DVD system... whelp??? I bought a new one, brought the receipt and told the Service Manager that they had to send me a refund... whelp??? about 3 weeks later, the check did show up in the mail!!... so they do come around.. at the "Mercedes Benz USA" time frames... not to be confused with European treatment where they know how to really treat people... soo disappointing that in the US M Benz where it has 75% of their sales worldwide or their vehicles, they can't seem to have good service???.. maybe they should bring the German techs over here and service advisor to the USA huh???? then everyone who doesn't speak German would have a really hard time explaining things to them!!... haha... (hmmm.. then lets keep the crappy service US advisors we have... at least they speak English, or don't they?)

Originally posted by x-tian-230k
Did someone say that the 230k have the "side mirror tilting while in reverese"? I didn't know what. My 230k doesn't do that when i reverse. Am I missing something?
Mr x-tian-230k:
Passenger's side tilting mirror on reverse is a feature that is not sold "standard" in the USA... (pending that new models in 2005 will have that feature though), in Europe is standard though .
If you don't have that option, you can "upgrade" your car and get the control module parts from Germany and have them installed in your car

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-13-2004, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
C32 "Chirp" setting Activation (Super Short version)

Mr RareAMG:
Man, my dealership wants to charge me 65.00 bucks to have these feature enabled.
You have my huge response above... but your choices are:
-Pay not and get what you want, get a refund later
-Escalate and get them to recognize the change as a warranty item (blah, blah that your car is still under the warranty period, then they MUST do it as covered by warranty... more blah, blah on that issue "why" is warranty)
-Do nothing

Does the Netherland setting change any other options on the vehicle???
No

I called MB and I was told it might change additional options in your car, they said dealerships are not suppose to make any changes to the country code settings.
Better read my long answer above

Cheers

Wiedermann
Old 05-13-2004, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Doesn't change any other setting ? Which setting works both the chirp and the panic button?

Last edited by Rareamg; 05-13-2004 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Wierderman,

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful. Do you know how much that controller board cost? I really want that feature. I just got new rims on my car and would i have to manually tilt my mirrors down because i don't want to rub the curb. Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-14-2004, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alarm Chirp

I took my C32 in today and had the alarm program to chirp. Wiedermann called it, they did not program the Panic button, Mr Widermann your good!!! Do you know what code they use to enable the Chirp and the Panic button? Since my dealership has never program a C32 to chirp, I would like to give them the code to make it easier for myself and the dealership.

Thanks again,

Last edited by Rareamg; 05-14-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Convenience pass. side mirror tilt option on reverse

Mr x-tian-230k:
If your car does not have the feature to auto tilt (thus not a C32-AMG), you can upgrade the parts, but you will have to replace a few of them... you will need to get the harness that has the wiring for the mirror control as well as the actual control unit. Ball park figure, I would say playing it safe you will spend about 400 to 500 bucks in the upgrade. If you choose the upgrade, you should also have the dealership activate with the Star System the control menu on your car, so that you have the menu available in the convenience setting of your car so that you can turn on of off the "mirror tilt on reverse" feature.

You can have the parts ordered through your M Benz dealership or you can also shop around (price difference for an OEM product should not have that much difference). There is a guy out there on the board that can provide you with a much exact pricing on those parts if you want Harris from Harton Motorwerks (right Harris???... haha) email: sales@hartonmotorwerks.com,hartonmotorwerks@shaw.c a,harris@hartonmotorwerks.com, I email him to all those email addresses above ...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-14-2004, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your good.... Thanks man!
Old 05-14-2004, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Convenience pass. side mirror tilt option on reverse

Mr: x-tian-230k
Originally posted by x-tian-230k
Your good.... Thanks man!
Just whatever you do, make sure you tell Harris to do it AFTER he has shipped me my parts!... haha

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-14-2004, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mr, Widedermann,

I took my C32 in today and had the alarm program to chirp. Wiedermann called it, they did not program the Panic button, Mr Widermann your good!!! Do you know what code they use to enable the Chirp and the Panic button? Since my dealership has never program a C32 to chirp, I would like to give them the code to make it easier for myself and the dealership. My dealership said it's either or, which is a bunch of crap.

Thanks again,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coolest feature on YOUR C32 AMG