Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
My Iforged Wheels Were Built Wrong?!

Hi Everyone,

How my problems began...

May 2003, I orderded a set of MOVEN replicas from Sander at the Wheel Supply in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 for my C32.
the fronts would not clear the calipers without a spacer. After various attempts of using spacers to fit the rims, I couldnt get past all the shimmy and vibrations associated with driving the car. This went on for months. eventually in Feb 04 I asked Sander if he could buy back the rims and get me something else. He gave me credit towards the purchase of new rims.
I decided to go with custom built Iforged rims, full polish "Sprint" design in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. I thought customs rims would cause no problems with fitment on my C32. On April 16th 2004, my rims arrived. WELL TO MY SURPRISE, I couldn't put them on. They need hub-centric rings! huh? I thought these were custom built rims? well, Sander was on vacation, and I live in Connecticut. needless to say, I was quite upset.

My buddies at the shop where Im having my rims installed, called Iforged.
They spoke to Vince at Iforged. They asked him for hubcentric rings and if he could ship them to us. Vince says "Iforged never built these rims for a C32. and he doesn't have rings for them". Now Im confused. I call Vince, and he reitterates that Iforged never built these rims for my car. He called them "grey market" rims. He then said they were built for an E class. And the specs are actually 19x8.5 and 19X10! and if I got rings for them, the rims wouldnt work because the offsets are wrong for the rears, though I might get away working with the fronts. Vince also said he doesnt deal with The Wheel Supply. My Confusion gets worse every minute.So... I wait for Sander to get back from vacation and try to get this all cleared up.

Sander tells me that they are real iforged rims, and that someone messed up. He did purchase them from INTRO rims,(which is iforged or a subsidary?) He said the front rims will definitely work with hubcentric rings. As for the rears I have to ship them back to Sander so he can inspect them and see if they truly are 19x10 ( I think they are. the lip is huge). and if he can have them fixed to fit my car. or have new ones built from scratch. (but Iforged doesnt deal with TWS?).

So it is now the 28th of April, two weeks that Ive been sitting on these rims. I just have this feeling in my gut that these wheels just wont' work for my car. Go figure, replicas dont work. and now custom rims dont work.

Guys... i dont know what to do? I guess I'll let Sander handle this. From all the comments I read on this forum, he sounds like a good guy. I just want rims that work!!!!!!! I wish I lived in Cali, that would make this easier too. at least I could visit TWS or Iforged and find out what is really going on...
Old 04-28-2004, 10:57 AM

03 C32AMG, 05 ML 500, Ducati 998S
rcalcaide,

I have purchased MOVEN replicas from TWS in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 with 38mm offset for my C32, and they were fine. The front needed 5mm spacers each to clear the calipers. As for the shimmy, Sander had the problem solved by using brabus spacers and milling out the hubcentric snout on the spacer for a perfectly aligned spacer (as aopposed to the generic one size fit all with many holes and slots to accomodate various bolt patterns). I commute everyday using the freeway traveling 35-80mph and no shimmy what so ever. I did have a terrible shimmy when TWS first used the generic spacer though...did I mention terrible shimmy?

I know you already got rid of MOVEN wheels, but so far I had good experience with them.

Good luck on those I forged, they are really cool.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
welcome to the world of iForged
Old 04-28-2004, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
imho.. if they are custom wheels, i wouldn't want to use hub-centric rims.. there is a reason why they are called "custom wheels" and not cookie cutter wheels.. if i were you, someone somewhere is getting hell for it. anyways, good luck bro.. sorry to hear about this. Your wheels are supposed to be custom made and you paid a premium for it.. don't settle for anything less or compromise.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:31 AM
IS1

02 C32
Now I am getting worried. I am expecting my Iforged Seneka's 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 any day now. Hopefully since I ordered direct from Iforged they'll work?
Old 04-28-2004, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But this is getting more confusing..... I am very puzzled after reading this....."silvaC32" has iForged wheels on his C32 but I think those are direct bolt ons. Now, "rcalcaide" says he called iForged and they said they never made wheels for the C32? A manufacturer will not turn away business if they have something to sell. But "IS1" says he ordered from iForged directly, if iForged doesnt make C32 application wheels, why did they take his order? And if TWS is an iForged dealer (actually, do they ever say they are), why do they have to go through another company (INTRO)????

I am suspecting there are something called iForged replicas!

Last edited by Harris; 04-28-2004 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:52 AM
IS1

02 C32
I ordered directly from Vince at Iforged. Originally I ordered 19x10's for the rear and Vince informed me he had to change it to 19x9.5's so they would work. I'm guessing he does indeed know what he is talking about. He also asked if I would be using coilovers since the wheel offset would change to clear the larger springs. This is why I went custom, spacers are for Mustangs.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:52 AM
I1 ULOOZ

oh man this could get ugly!
Old 04-28-2004, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by Harris
But this is getting more confusing..... I am very puzzled after reading this....."silvaC32" has iForged wheels on his C32 but I think those are direct bolt ons. Now, "rcalcaide" says he called iForged and they said they never made wheels for the C32? A manufacturer will not turn away business if they have something to sell. But "IS1" says he ordered from iForged directly, if iForged doesnt make C32 application wheels, why did they take his order? And if TWS is an iForged dealer (actually, do they ever say they are), why do they have to go through another company (INTRO)????

I am suspecting there are something called iForged replicas!
Replicas of a replica.. the plot thickens..

( i think iForgeds are replicas of HREs at a cheaper cost.. i know i know they are not replicas per say.. but you get my point)
Old 04-28-2004, 12:01 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Auxo...
which replicas from Moven are you running? I had the type VI's. I used a 5mm spacer at first, and it wasnt big enough to clear the space. so I used a 10mm from Sander. But it didnt alleviate the shimmy. Im not sure why Sander didnt reccomend using a brabus spacer.

AMGBRED... Thanks for the concern. I just want Sander to follow through. He seems like a good guy. Its just bad luck so far.

Harris... let me clarify. Vince at Iforged said he never received an order for my particular C32. but of course they make the wheels for the C32. proof is "silvac32".
And now, I am under the impression Iforged and Intro are syonomous(?).
but they are real Iforged rims that I have.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
is this the company?

http://www.introwheels.com/

Old 04-28-2004, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Originally posted by IS1
Now I am getting worried. I am expecting my Iforged Seneka's 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 any day now. Hopefully since I ordered direct from Iforged they'll work?
Dont worry. Iforged's reputation is not that bad. HRE has and STILL has its moments too. This is not a misunderstanding at Iforged this is something else-rcalcaide check my response on the w203 forum
Old 04-28-2004, 12:10 PM

2003 C32 AMG
AMGBRED,

go to the iforged.com website.

under "terms". click that, down at the bottom there is a picture of an iforged wheel, with a center cap that says "intro".

weird huh?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by AMG BRED
Replicas of a replica.. the plot thickens..

( i think iForgeds are replicas of HREs at a cheaper cost.. i know i know they are not replicas per say.. but you get my point)
I get you AMGBred. Trust me I do. I mean I paid almost 6K w/tires(8series) JUST so my HRE's dont look like I forged. But you know what? If I didnt do car shows and I wasnt so **** I would have DEFINETLY jumped on I forged instead. I mean damn they use the same finish company and I believe they are even assembled in the same place!! They actually have a nice new line coming out too. Iforged is alright, better than Diablo racing wheels:p
Old 04-28-2004, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by rcalcaide
AMGBRED,

go to the iforged.com website.

under "terms". click that, down at the bottom there is a picture of an iforged wheel, with a center cap that says "intro".

weird huh?
hmmm
Old 04-28-2004, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by LorinserCClass
I get you AMGBred. Trust me I do. I mean I paid almost 6K w/tires(8series) JUST so my HRE's dont look like I forged. But you know what? If I didnt do car shows and I wasnt so **** I would have DEFINETLY jumped on I forged instead. I mean damn they use the same finish company and I believe they are even assembled in the same place!! They actually have a nice new line coming out too. Iforged is alright, better than Diablo racing wheels:p
I didn't even know iForged existed till a month after i got my HREs.. but even then, as **** and impatient i am, i am glad i stuck with HREs.. peter from wheelexperts.com was a great help.. he adjusted teh specs according to the drop.. the wheels came in, despite a minor inconvenience of pre-mature packing (the seal in the 3 pc. had a hole) the wheels fits perfect, no need for a hub-centric ring or spacers.. no space for play.. just what you expect when paying a premium for such wheels.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by AMG BRED
... the wheels fits perfect, no need for a hub-centric ring or spacers.. no space for play.. just what you expect when paying a premium for such wheels.
A REAL order from Iforged wouldnt have needed spacers...

Dont get me wrong AMGBRED I LOVE my HRE's ok
Old 04-28-2004, 01:40 PM

they are the same company.

cant believe people are still naive to get taken by them.

grey market...WTF?!

Old 04-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Banned

2004 C32 AMG
Once you go HRE, you never go back (unless you get some new HRE's)!

I took my Viper to the track yesterday and people were FREAKING out about my HRE wheels. They make any car complete and I would never buy from another wheel company.

Harris -- you will be getting some business from me when I get "tired" of my 547's!
Old 04-28-2004, 04:07 PM

2003 C32 AMG
THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!

I decided to return the rims to Sander at TWS. well, guess what? He informs me that he just lost a partner, and there is a possiblility of TWS going out of business.

****! I am nervous about sending the rims back. I could be out of my money and rims. I could dispute it on my Credit card, but I still have to worry about the credit for the Movens that Sander gave me which was netted against the Iforged. But if I keep the rims, its not like I can use them. I guess I could sell them.
Anyone know anybody with an E-class that would like to buy some new iforged rims cheap?
Old 04-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Banned

2004 C32 AMG
Send them back and dispute w/ your CC company. You shouldn't have a problem. Just ship using a service where you can show proof of shipment (tracking number, printed conformation page from tracking) and a reciept from a service like The UPS Store or something. Your CC company will probably hook you up. You can call to find out I bet.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!

I decided to return the rims to Sander at TWS. well, guess what? He informs me that he just lost a partner, and there is a possiblility of TWS going out of business.

****! I am nervous about sending the rims back. I could be out of my money and rims. I could dispute it on my Credit card, but I still have to worry about the credit for the Movens that Sander gave me which was netted against the Iforged. But if I keep the rims, its not like I can use them. I guess I could sell them.
Anyone know anybody with an E-class that would like to buy some new iforged rims cheap?
As per our PM convo I would get 'em but ...you know what Please email me pix ok? enri278@hotmail.com
Old 04-28-2004, 05:19 PM

03 C32AMG, 05 ML 500, Ducati 998S
Auxo...
which replicas from Moven are you running? I had the type VI's. I used a 5mm spacer at first, and it wasnt big enough to clear the space. so I used a 10mm from Sander. But it didnt alleviate the shimmy. Im not sure why Sander didnt reccomend using a brabus spacer.

I acquired the Lorinser LM6 Replica's. I guess my situation does not apply to yours...sorry for the confusion. The Brabus spacers cost me another chunk of change (as opposed to free for generic spacers), and also some downtime for milling it out.

I hope you can solve your problem soon.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
RIMS and other Replicas on C32s

IF you plan to get replicas of anything for your C32... expect problems...

Be thankful if you don't have any problems!

Wiedermann
Old 04-29-2004, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
Iforged wheels are NOT replicas... i repeat... they are NOT replicas. and intro custom and iforged are NOT the same company. iforged is an independent company, and intro custom is the wheel manufacturer that makes wheels for iforged. if you order directly from iforged, you won't have that problem. especially that TWS is NOT an iforged retailer, how they get iforged wheels still confuses me.

iforged makes quality wheels, believe it or not they are using the same company that HRE uses for the finish. u can count on the quality.

before you say something on the internet forum and bash on a company... make sure you know what you are talking about... otherwise you'll confuse the noobs that don't know anything.

Jerry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Iforged Wheels Were Built Wrong?!