Possible Leaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C32 AMG
Possible Leaks

Hello!

I am new to the AMG world. I purchased a C32 AMG four months ago with 130k miles and a full service history. I used 1 quart of oil in the 7k miles I have put on it since and I experienced the usual radiator failure soon after purchasing. All fixed!

Yesterday I decided to take it to the local Eurocharged franchise here in Orlando for a quick tune and Dyno run. (315/315!) The techs there noticed I was leaking a little P/S fluid from the banjo bolt on the pump. This morning I was greeted with a groaning P/S pump and a small puddle of fluid under the car. I believe the culprit to be both the crush washers at the banjo bolt and the fluid reservoir O-ring.

When I crawled under the car to get a better look however, I noticed the under-trays were dripping fluid near the subframe. I can't get her jacked up here at my place. Does anyone know where or what I may be leaking? I figure the old girl hasn't run as hard as she ran on the dyno in years and I may have found some weak spots....

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-19-2018, 06:17 PM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
Great choice on cars. I enjoy mine daily when I drive it.

In my book, the only way to find the leak is to pull the trays, spray engine cleaner in the wet spots, and hose it down until free of oil or dirt.
Be careful not to get water in the electrical bits, or it raises hell until dry. When dry, go for a short spin, then start looking for the leaks with a bright light.

While your PS banjo connector may be leaking, you may also find oil leaks from the PS reservoir to pump, the valve covers (very common), or from the oil filter/oil cooler interface (happened on mine).
They are all in the same vicinity. Make certain you have found the source before you start with the fixes.