What kind of lights are the non xenon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 10:14 AM
IS1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32
What kind of lights are the non xenon?

Got my C32 and no xenon? $52,000+ for a car with no xenons? It was the only question I forgot to ask the guy before I bought it. I have not had it out at night yet, but wondered about the difference in visibility? This is a 02 model.
Thanks
Old 05-17-2004, 10:30 AM

They are halogens. The xenon HIDs are options on all Benzes. Don't know why.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:44 PM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
That’s what I don’t get about MB… even the best C class don’t come with xenon standard . Other car makers include xenon on their cars eventho their prices are not even close to C32. Take Renault as example, Renault Clio sport comes with xenon and costs 1/4th of C32 price!…go figure

Last edited by bajaiman; 05-17-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by bajaiman
That’s what I don’t get about MB… even the best C class don’t come with xenon standard .
However a car is equiped "standard" is not up to Mercedes Germany but is up to the importer (MBUSA in the US and MB Australia where you come from)...it is up to the importer to specify how a "standard" car should be build by mercedes germany...apparently the C32 does not come with standard xenon headlights in some countries...which is most probably done to keep the price for the basic C32 as cheap as possible in order to be able to compete with other brands...

I myself was surprised with the level of standard options on the US C32...here in the Netherlands the basic C32 is equiped a lot better...BUT costs a lot more...

greetingz,
Old 05-19-2004, 02:12 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by bajaiman
That’s what I don’t get about MB?even the best C class don’t come with xenon standard . Other car makers include xenon on their cars eventho their prices are not even close to C32. Take Renault as example, Renault Clio sport comes with xenon and costs 1/4th of C32 price!…go figure
the E46 M3 didn't came standard with xenon till 03 i believe. all the power to the manufacturer to make more money. BMW probably made the xenon standard because they realize the M3 didn't have a lot of standard feature to begin w/ compare to the S4 or the C32.

the part that **** me off is that we have to get the headlight washing system to go alone w/ the xenon/bi-xenon, which it's totally useless for people like us in Southern California and cost couple hundred more at the same time.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by FrankW
... which it's totally useless for people like us in Southern California and cost couple hundred more at the same time.
i don't know man.. with all that pollution.. it might come in handy. :o