C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

P2200, P2221, P0715 came up after servicing transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 06:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2001 ML55 Designo, 2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
P2200, P2221, P0715 came up after servicing transmission

So I finally serviced it. Filter, gasket, and plug (ended up having to use aftermarket because my genuine one in the mail was delayed due to weather and when the car was done, I went with the mechanic for a test drive. I told him I had been dealing sluggish shifting which is why I'm servicing it. Well, we go for a drive and it's still sluggish. I pull over and reset the throttle response, give it some (not full) gas and it's even more sluggish(I know it wouldn't really fix sluggish shifting but it needed to be done anyway). Well I didn't want to keep doing that so I just gave it gas once more and the esp light came on then the engine light. Limp mode. Get back to the shop and I got these three codes. I asked if there was any fluid on the parts that needed to be clean or if they made sure to clear codes, basically everything you're supposed to do after you're done working on it. He assures me it was all fine. My research suggests a conductor plate and he agreed. Could it be something else like the wiring/cables? I'm worried I'm going to buying parts only to not fix the problem. What do y'all suggest or conclude based on what I've written?

hard shifts/downshifts at low Rpms, it jolts when letting off the gas. Also putting it in park, reverse, or drive makes an audible sound that wasn't there before.

Last edited by Oshkoshbigjosh; 03-22-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55, BMW 335d M-Sport
I would change the PWM solenoid (torque converter lockup) when you change the conductor plate. I would also check to see if the TCM has any fluid in it from possibly wicking up the wires if your plug was leaking on the trans. I had the same issues and they went away after I changed the conductor plate and PWM solenoid last weekend. I will note though that the first drive after the service wasn't good. It would only shift into 2nd. I went back home, added another quart and a half of fluid, - since the valve body had to fill back up with fluid - cleared the codes, and reset the adaptations again. I held my breath and went for another drive. Perfectly smooth shifts ever since.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2001 ML55 Designo, 2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
Originally Posted by Nick Janssen
I would change the PWM solenoid (torque converter lockup) when you change the conductor plate. I would also check to see if the TCM has any fluid in it from possibly wicking up the wires if your plug was leaking on the trans. I had the same issues and they went away after I changed the conductor plate and PWM solenoid last weekend. I will note though that the first drive after the service wasn't good. It would only shift into 2nd. I went back home, added another quart and a half of fluid, - since the valve body had to fill back up with fluid - cleared the codes, and reset the adaptations again. I held my breath and went for another drive. Perfectly smooth shifts ever since.

my mechanic handed me the keys after installing the plate and cleaning the solenoids ( I didn't have time to order them and wait to replace them) and I let the car warm up for about 10 mins. I reset the throttle before warming up. After it passed 80 on the temp gauge, I put it in reverse, neutral, and then drive and then back in park. I did that a few times to get fluid flowing throughout the trans. I was scared honestly because I've never had to deal with sluggish trans or limp mode in my whole 1 year of ownership. It freaking ripped. It was faster than before. Then I put it in sport mode, felt a bit sluggish but I realized it was because it's holding its gears longer. I'm now back in my 32 after not being able to drive it since last Thursday due to part delays and not being able to go to the shop due to school. I'm really contemplating removing it from Craigslist. I'm shocked my car hasn't sold for such a low price. I'll probably end up keeping it. Thanks for your suggestion about changing the solenoids as I might do that in the future.