Mercedes C32 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG/S320 CDI
Mercedes C32 AMG

Hello

Can someobody please help me, My C32 is playing up. ECU light comes on that says misfire on the first set of cyclinders. Then losing coolant and also a lot of white smoke which eventually goes but not the usual performance
Old 03-28-2018, 03:28 PM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
Where to start...
How about how many miles on your car, and how long have you had it?

See if the misfire is due to spark plugs, or wires, or coils, or ??? Pull the misfiring plugs and see what they look like. If nice tan color they are fine.
Could also be related to fuel injectors or other issues. Oil leaks of the valve cover gaskets can also cause these issues.

Coolant loss is possibly related to a bad charge air cooler (under the supercharger), as the stock ones are known to leak. They need to be replaced, preferably with aftermarket charge air coolers.
You have to pull the intake manifold from one side of the engine to see if it is full of coolant colored slime. If so, plan on $1000 to fix DIY. Many have done this. No slime means no problem.

Keep us informed of what you find.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG/S320 CDI
Originally Posted by kbob999
Where to start...
How about how many miles on your car, and how long have you had it?

See if the misfire is due to spark plugs, or wires, or coils, or ??? Pull the misfiring plugs and see what they look like. If nice tan color they are fine.
Could also be related to fuel injectors or other issues. Oil leaks of the valve cover gaskets can also cause these issues.

Coolant loss is possibly related to a bad charge air cooler (under the supercharger), as the stock ones are known to leak. They need to be replaced, preferably with aftermarket charge air coolers.
You have to pull the intake manifold from one side of the engine to see if it is full of coolant colored slime. If so, plan on $1000 to fix DIY. Many have done this. No slime means no problem.

Keep us informed of what you find.
Hello

The car is a 2003 model and has 103k on the clock and had it since June 2015

Getting so worried I honestly dont know where to start. I fired her up yesterday and opened the bonet up and saw some smoke coming from the left side under the air filter pipes. The car does not overheat or anything like that. If I was to take of the manifold do I need to replace it with a new gasket there and then to check the slime or can that be done later if needed?
Old 03-29-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
Fix the misfire first. Take the air filters off and look for issues.
You can see if there are oil leaks. I’ll bet there are.
Check the plugs while in there. Fix anything wrong or worn.

If you want to pull the manifold and look for slime, this would be a good time to.
You should use a new gasket under it, but in a pinch you can use the old one with RTV sealant.

This is a process of eliminating issues to solve the problem.