C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Gut check on 17x8 ET37 up front (C55)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 02:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
wagon
Gut check on 17x8 ET37 up front (C55)

I want to switch to 17" even width wheels on all four corners for ride quality, to run square tires in the winter, and to serve my old man taste in aesthetics.

So I got set of remanufactured OEM wheels off a w210. They are 17 x 8 all around with an offset of 37.

On the fronts, clearance to the caliper should be about the same as stock, reduced by maybe a millimeter assuming the spokes aren't cast funny.

But the edge of the wheel will ride about 13mm closer to the strut, which is a decent amount. Does anyone with more experience with these cars -- I just got mine -- have an instinct on whether I'll need to get a spacer? Would be nice to know before I drop everything off to the tire shop to get mounted, balanced, and installed.

I sifted through a bunch of threads on aftermarket wheels, but couldn't quite get the info I needed so I thought I'd just ask.

Thanks for your time. The wheels look like this if that helps:

Old 07-05-2018, 10:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
wagon
For anyone who cares:

Rears fit fine though a small spacer would help visually.

Front strut clearance is fine. Surprisingly it's the caliper that's an issue. It *just* barely touches right at the top of the spokes because the spokes are curved. 5mm should do it.