C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 winter upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 12:15 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
C55 AMG, SLK55 AMG, S600, Porsche 911, Jaguar XJR, Toyota Hilux SRV
C55 winter upgrades

I thought I'd share with you guys some of the stuff I have been working on this winter.

I got my car at the end of last year and since then to be honest other than a solenoid issue (that had since before I bought it) I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Even though my car drove perfect, the solenoid matter needed to be addressed (it was annoying), rear tires were pretty bad as well so I decided it was time to do some work. Lucky for me I happen to work in a performance shop that specializes in European cars so working on her wasn't going to be a problem.

I got a new solenoid, transmission filter and fluid with that I serviced the transmission and while in there I decided to upgrade the brake pads, replace rotors all around and get high-temperature brake fluid (since I plan on doing some autocross). While working on the brakes I noticed that the rear calipers didn't look nearly as good as the ones up front, so I decided to powder coat them then I was like you know maybe I need an exhaust...so I went ahead and cut out the secondary cats and the resonators and then replaced them with some shiny pipes. To be honest, she sounds pretty good, I recommend this mod 100%.

When I was done with the car at the shop I went ahead and got a set of Michelin Pilot 4s, I went with stock size tires. Then I decided to do some cosmetic stuff so I went ahead and got a carbon fiber front splitter and rear diffuser, sadly at the moment my rear diffuser haven't arrived because of delays and the splitter install is on hold right now since I want to re-spray the front bumper before I go ahead and put it on.

I also did some lighting mods I got new foglight bulbs and LED's for the license plate light, reverse light, daytime running lights and side marker lights as well as clear side markers to go along, for some reason the reverse light LED's didn't work and I wasn't able to install the foglight bulbs since, apparently, the C55 is the only W203 that uses H7 bulbs instead 9006, other than that everything else worked just fine.

I am happy to say that I am almost done with this car, the only things left to do are (as I mentioned before) re-spraying the front bumper, get a new rear sway-bar and get the car tuned... maybe coilovers but we'll see.

I plan on having some fun with her this summer, I am pretty excited for car season

Here are a few pics, btw the exhaust pic is before I took the front section out and cut the cats, that's why the cats are still on.

Old 03-22-2019, 01:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Nice summary, thanks for sharing. Car looks great, and that color is awesome (pewter metallic?).

Just curious, how do you feel about the stock wheel inset? I'm considering putting spacers all around to push the wheels out (maybe 10mm).
Old 03-22-2019, 07:51 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
C55 AMG T with Kleemann K2 and some stuff: 414 hp and 576Nm :-)
Nice!

One small thing you can do is to change the center wheelcaps to the silver ones, would look nice on your car.

Last edited by amgen; 03-22-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by rilonprime
Nice summary, thanks for sharing. Car looks great, and that color is awesome (pewter metallic?).

Just curious, how do you feel about the stock wheel inset? I'm considering putting spacers all around to push the wheels out (maybe 10mm).
First of all, thank you very much for the compliment! and yes it is Pewter Metallic

To answer your question, in my opinion, the wheel fitment could be better but for me, the benefit is not worth the hassle, still, I do not think it would look bad with spacers, also the rear wheel fitment may be too tight with spacers but to be honest I am not a 100% sure.

Last edited by ChristianRGR; 03-22-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by amgen
Nice!

One small thing you can do is to change the center wheelcaps to the silver ones, would look nice on your car.

Had no idea they made silver center caps thank you so much for the suggestion, I think you are right silver would look better.