C32 - Low gear shift?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 08:50 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C32 - Low gear shift?

Hey Guys,

I believe all of us with stock cars have experienced the jerky shift in traffic or at low speeds. Most of the time I can deal with it, but sometimes feel like gritting my teeth after a grueling drive in heavy traffic. I read that some have been able to prevent this from happening w/ an updated valve (part# 2402700089).

Something tells me there is more to it than this valve, if someone out there has knowledge and could chime in it would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

-Rob

Last edited by RPB; 08-21-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 AMG c32
Have you tried the transmission reset process. Simple...could be needing Transmission Control Unit reset, Fairly simple. With car in park, turn key to ON (2nd click on ignition switch - before actual start), pushdown and hold down accelerator pedal all the way to the floor, hold it for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, turn key to Off position(don[t pull key out) but keep pedal to the floor for 2 more minutes. After 2 minutes, release accelerator pedal then pull key out. leave it for a couple minutes then try to start it. Then look at gear selector indicator light on dash. It should have W or S showing on top and P is lit up, press brake, shift to Reverse (it should slightly feel the shift but not Hard.), light should be on R. Then shift to D4 and it should light up and should feel the shift again but not harsh not jerk hard. Drive around if possible for 20-30 minutes. TCU Program will study your shifting pattern
Old 09-10-2019, 11:33 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks mate, I will try the reset process. I had to unplug the battery about a month ago for another reason, I could definitely tell the trans adaptations were reset. This is more like what I read about the torque converter locking up at lower speeds. It apparently is an issue on the C32s, I read some replaced their trans pressure control valve with an updated one (part# 2402700089) although I cannot find anything definitive that it solved the problem or if there is more required to prevent it from happening.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...-problems.html

Cheers.

Last edited by RPB; 09-10-2019 at 11:40 PM.