C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Trans problem C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 10:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 AMG
P0705 C55 NOT WATER RELATED

I noticed the check engine light on and I had to be at work at 6am, no time to check the code. On my way to work I noticed the car staying in 5th gear and not down shifting. I pressed the selector mode button for Sport comfort or manual and its not changing the mode. I will check the code as soon as I get home but starting this thread to see if there is anything I can try while the car is parked at work? Thanks. Damien.

Last edited by DamienLBC; 11-21-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Wrong heading
Old 11-18-2019, 11:05 AM

C55 AMG
Just got a few minutes at work to try disconnecting the battery and it reset the computer. Started car and no check engine light on. Pressed the selector putting and the mode is changing from SCM. Put it into drive and it is going into gear hard, bumping forward. Can not put it into reverse and back into park. Turned off the ignition and it goes back into park. Check engine light came back on. Will be leaving work early today so not to be in traffic. Where should I start? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:18 PM

C55 AMG
Update....drove the car around the area where I work and it wouldn’t leave first gear. I called for a tow and sat waiting during that time I did a trans reset by pressing on the gas pedal for 30 seconds. And waited 3 min to start it up. The check light stayed off and it was shifting normal. Got it towed home just to be safe and still no check engine light so I can’t run the code. Just took it for a drive and now the paddle shifters are working and the button for trans mode is working too. It seems to be back to normal. I’m scratching my head wondering if the trans reset reset everything back to normal?🤔
Old 11-18-2019, 10:15 PM

C55 AMG
Took the car for a drive a few hours ago and it ran perfect. Shifted with the paddles no problem. I could switch trans modes CSM all worked great. Parked the car for a few hours and crap...it’s back to square one. Now that the check engine light came back on I was able to get 2 codes...both are P0705.

Did some research and looks to be the park/neutral switch.
Will be doing this fix ASAP.

Last edited by DamienLBC; 11-19-2019 at 11:09 AM.