Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Very, very interesting....
Old 08-12-2004, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and boats!
sweeeeeet, javi, if it doesnt rain we're gunna be having some races 2morrow night near my house at a safe spot!!! bring your boy with the 350 and the M3 and bring a video camara!! :v
Old 08-21-2004, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
NIIIIIIICE vids!!!! 2nd video was a close race...but a win nonetheless!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:53 PM

C32
How can you tell what is going on in these videos. Do it again with some sunlight so we can see who you are racing.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

don't really know what happened in the first vid
Old 08-22-2004, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Ok now that I have seen these videos I will respond to your posts.

I am more suspect that ever before. I repeat my statement that a 440 hp G35 will kill a c32 (even with a pulley kit). There are 2 possible items going on here:
1. You are saying that this car has all this power to make your car look faster than it really is (not likely though… your car pulls the way my c32 used to).
2. your friend is talking a bunch of bs when he speaks of his power out-put levels.

I have run with many G35’s in my C32 and that is not very different than what a stock G35 looks like. When I go to the track next I will post a video of me chasing down a G35 on the front and back straight. You will see that the STOCK G35 is very quick and that the car in your video is NOT making 440hp. Maybe that car has 440 RicePowers but its not horsepower that is for sure.

A good friend used to own one of the fastest K03 S4 in the world (so it was said to be 11.8 1/4 time... dont see many K04 cars do that!). His car made about 450 hp with nitrous and about 405hp without the go juice. When we used to do freeway pulls with his car without Nitrous, the heavier S4 wagon would leave me for dead. I was so much slower that it was pointless to race with him. The S4 had such a better torque curve that I was never able to gain on him….ever. In a stoplight grand prix the S4 was stupid fast with 4wd but who cars about straight line speed. That S4 is now replaced with a road racing S4 and that is where real battles should be played out… on a road course.

As for knowing how to laugh with a unit… ya I know how it works. Try driving a 6 speed with a controller for a unit in your left hand and your right hand shifting. Don’t forget some hand has to do steering maneuvers. So ya… Launch car, grab the unit, turn off the unit, shift, grab the unit, turn off the unit, shift, grab the unit, and so on. Doing all that while watching a boost gauge making sure your turbos don’t spike or over spool. Nitrous in an automatic car is a bit easier… Plant right foot done.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 08-22-2004 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by VancouverC32
How can you tell what is going on in these videos. Do it again with some sunlight so we can see who you are racing.
ummm, racing in broad sunlight during the day when there is traffic and when cops can spot you more easily... not too smart!!! Why do you think street racing occurs at night?

for the sake of debating... i beleive a chip and pulleyed C32 does have a huge chance with a 440hp G35. Street racing, REAL street racing isnt racing form a roll (otherwise known as ROLL RICING b/c roll racing is "ricer ***** in my opinion). When you race from a dig, you take lots of factors into account, normally one who gets the holeshot has the race. The C32 has a great suspension to hook if driven right. The suspension on the G35 is more aggressive and made for taking corners, but it does hinder its straight line performance quite a bit. I dont need to explain more.. look at the vide with my barely 400hp C32 against a 500+hp Evolution that I'm about ready to post once its uploaded. Remember, you can have all the horespower you want, its how much of it you actually put to the ground, not to the wheels that counts.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
ummm, racing in broad sunlight during the day when there is traffic and when cops can spot you more easily... not too smart!!! Why do you think street racing occurs at night?

for the sake of debating... i beleive a chip and pulleyed C32 does have a huge chance with a 440hp G35. Street racing, REAL street racing isnt racing form a roll (otherwise known as ROLL RICING b/c roll racing is "ricer ***** in my opinion). When you race from a dig, you take lots of factors into account, normally one who gets the holeshot has the race. The C32 has a great suspension to hook if driven right. The suspension on the G35 is more aggressive and made for taking corners, but it does hinder its straight line performance quite a bit. I dont need to explain more.. look at the vide with my barely 400hp C32 against a 500+hp Evolution that I'm about ready to post once its uploaded. Remember, you can have all the horespower you want, its how much of it you actually put to the ground, not to the wheels that counts.
The G35's suspension is set for corners? Are you sure? Ever see all that body roll, terrible shock valving and soft springs get going on a race track or on a canyon road at 9/10th's? Its impressive but its still a bit soft. It is not so firm as to detract from its ability to put down power. The clutch does wear out at 20k miles or so if driven very hard. At that point it wont chirp a 2-3 let alone a 3-4.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
The G35's suspension is set for corners? Are you sure? Ever see all that body roll, terrible shock valving and soft springs get going on a race track or on a canyon road at 9/10th's? Its impressive but its still a bit soft. It is not so firm as to detract from its ability to put down power. The clutch does wear out at 20k miles or so if driven very hard. At that point it wont chirp a 2-3 let alone a 3-4.

well, to my knowledge a C32 has a suspension that hooks even better then the G35!!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Buddy...

I drive a G35, m3 and C32 several times a week...share it with all my bestfriends..I dont see where your coming up with this information because your totally wrong..As for the G35 it doesnt look anything like a stock G35 I think maybe you need a pair of glasses...Check out the picture..Oh yea and as for 440hp...Id give you even 400 with the nitrous and I wana see you take it out the whole with no wheel spin...Why doesnt eveyone take a look at these pics and tell me how stock does this G35 look...Because I find it very disrespectful that this car has over 10,000 dollars in modifications for someone like you to come flaming me saying it looks stock..Learn about cars then come talk to me because youve never seen a G35 this nice in your life.
Attached Thumbnails 440hp G35 race video-g351.jpg   440hp G35 race video-g352.jpg   440hp G35 race video-g353.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Almost a Member!

"I have run with many G35’s in my C32 and that is not very different than what a stock G35 looks like."

So your saying that looks stock? I duno what G35 you hav been running with but this isnt your average G35 son...Lets see who on this forum agree with you..Stop being such a Magazine Racer ...What your read in magazines isnt always correct.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by loeplaya18
I drive a G35, m3 and C32 several times a week...share it with all my bestfriends..I dont see where your coming up with this information because your totally wrong..As for the G35 it doesnt look anything like a stock G35 I think maybe you need a pair of glasses...Check out the picture..Oh yea and as for 440hp...Id give you even 400 with the nitrous and I wana see you take it out the whole with no wheel spin...Why doesnt eveyone take a look at these pics and tell me how stock does this G35 look...Because I find it very disrespectful that this car has over 10,000 dollars in modifications for someone like you to come flaming me saying it looks stock..Learn about cars then come talk to me because youve never seen a G35 this nice in your life.
Sorry but I think the stock ones look better. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Exactly my point..it looks nothing like a stock G35
Old 08-26-2004, 12:12 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
don't care what was the argument about, but that G35 is sick other than the ugly exhaust...
Old 08-26-2004, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Well looks are subjective for I would say the car looks better stock.

I know enough about cars to say that IMHO a stock G35 looks better. In the end are we talking about looks here or power and speed?

No one said you did not know how to drive the car or launch it. But I would love to meet you at your local road course and then we can have some fun. The fun starts when the road turns.....
Old 08-26-2004, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Well looks are subjective for I would say the car looks better stock.

I know enough about cars to say that IMHO a stock G35 looks better. In the end are we talking about looks here or power and speed?

No one said you did not know how to drive the car or launch it. But I would love to meet you at your local road course and then we can have some fun. The fun starts when the road turns.....
and id like to see you come out to a REAL street race and get hussled by a car puttin out less hp and torqe then you!! Oh and remember, no bumping into other peoples bumpers when you race... i know u beleive a lot of whats in the media but not everything u read or hear in the media reflects on how it is in real life.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Never have raced on the street (dont feel like killing anyone) but I have seen enough of the real street races in southern cali to know what it is about. I have had friends take money from puds in spiffed up cars using their moms grocery getter GMC 2500. Then they bring out their real cars and really causes a ruckus. 9 second GTO's and Typhoons10 second F-Bodys 11 second S4's.... those cars take money from people. I still love the 600 hp (and that is without grabbing the unit) F-body with V6 turn down exhaust tips!

And no bud im not using the rice and the ridiculous as my basis for talking about street racing. I don’t get hustled by anyone for I am not dumb enough to fall for that garbage. Ill stay on track or off on an empty road having fun driving solo. I don’t need to race people to get my jollies. Im just not a fan of street racing sorry.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 08-26-2004 at 04:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Never have raced on the street (dont feel like killing anyone) but I have seen enough of the real street races in southern cali to know what it is about. I have had friends take money from puds in spiffed up cars using their moms grocery getter GMC 2500. Then they bring out their real cars and really causes a ruckus. 9 second GTO's and Typhoons10 second F-Bodys 11 second S4's.... those cars take money from people. I still love the 600 hp (and that is without grabbing the unit) F-body with V6 turn down exhaust tips!

And no bud im not using the rice and the ridiculous as my basis for talking about street racing. I don’t get hustled by anyone for I am not dumb enough to fall for that garbage. Ill stay on track or off on an empty road having fun driving solo. I don’t need to race people to get my jollies. Im just not a fan of street racing sorry.

Good for you... to each his own!! Just because people street race doesnt mean people die. If you ever been to a REAL organized street race then you would know. Laying VHT on the pavement, putting a torch to the pavement, bringin out big bucks, etc.... I doubt you really know much about it. Then again, your strictly a magazine reader and track racer so I dont expect you to want to even know about it. Like i said bro, to each his own... I dont go flaming you for comparing a C32 to a G35 on teh track, obviously the G35 is a sports car made for minor track use and day do day driving and the C32 is a sport sedan made for everyday driving...so we would automatically know which car is more suited for the track. We are all MB enthusiests alike and I see no reason for you to be flaming most posts that have to do with street racing.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice looking G35 there but defo not my cup of tea, you need to be really into cars to tell thats a G35. But it is something different, IMHO I have seen other G35s that i like better
Old 08-26-2004, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Yeap once again i raced a 440hp G35....I beat it all 6 times...
I call B.S.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Good for you... to each his own!! Just because people street race doesnt mean people die. If you ever been to a REAL organized street race then you would know. Laying VHT on the pavement, putting a torch to the pavement, bringin out big bucks, etc.... I doubt you really know much about it. Then again, your strictly a magazine reader and track racer so I dont expect you to want to even know about it. Like i said bro, to each his own... I dont go flaming you for comparing a C32 to a G35 on teh track, obviously the G35 is a sports car made for minor track use and day do day driving and the C32 is a sport sedan made for everyday driving...so we would automatically know which car is more suited for the track. We are all MB enthusiests alike and I see no reason for you to be flaming most posts that have to do with street racing.
Have fun racing your car. Not the way I would spend my time and money but go for it. Does Florida have laws allowing them to impound and sell your car if you get caught racing in an illegal street race? Keep racing after they pass that law (that now exists in Southern California because people were dying and crime was out of hand) and then you are a real street racer. When racing puts your car on the line with the law, you are a real street racer. But to risk 65k on a little race come on....

P.S. The G35 is a touring car made for freeway use. It is far from a track car. If you had any idea about real racing you would know that. When your friend melts the internal seals in his OEM brembos let me know... for at that point you are driving the car at the right kind of track event. If the car is 300 lbs heavier than a 350z, has less power, more seats, less sticky tires, and softer springs and shocks, I doubt its was ever thought of as a light track car.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
ok, go read some magazines, go track your car like 1/2 of america does, and get back to me when you decide to grow some cojones!!! Yes there is a law passed that states taht any individuals caught street racing will be taken to jail and have their cars impounded and sold at an auction if caught a 2nd time, but it is a risk all of us who participate in it take. And if your stupid enough to loose control and crash then it sounds like a personal problem, you take the risk, you cover your own ***. That is why I make sure the road is clear so I dont take anyoen down with me if i make any mistake. When it comes down to it... if you cant stand the heat stay out of hte kitchen.. that is all!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
ok, go read some magazines, go track your car like 1/2 of america does, and get back to me when you decide to grow some cojones!!! Yes there is a law passed that states taht any individuals caught street racing will be taken to jail and have their cars impounded and sold at an auction if caught a 2nd time, but it is a risk all of us who participate in it take. And if your stupid enough to loose control and crash then it sounds like a personal problem, you take the risk, you cover your own ***. That is why I make sure the road is clear so I dont take anyoen down with me if i make any mistake. When it comes down to it... if you cant stand the heat stay out of hte kitchen.. that is all!!!
Go to the track like 1/2 of America? pft I doubt the average person can afford a track day for its a hell of a lot cheaper to go blast down a section of government paved tarmac. With the cost to track a car for a day being in the ball park of 700 bucks I doubt the average guy at the street races has that kind of cash sitting around. Hell they all seem to live on top romin for 6 months so they can buy the new go fast part. Clearly you are not in that demographic but that is what the average street racer is like. Im not trying to act like im the big cheese here but the average person does not have the ability to blow money that quickly. Hell I think twice each time I go!

Cali has it 1 better... you car is sold after the first offence! Seems like street racing has fallen off a bit now! WOW funny how that works! Florida should look into it.

Real driving involves going stopping and turning. Lets see that G35 throw down a lap time... then lets see the RENNtech car do the same... that will show who is king. To be honest it would be a hell of a good run for that 440 hp wont help much (if it even has that much).

As for my not having the “cojones” to street race? Ill call the bluff here. It takes no brain power or ability to go fast in a straight line with an automatic transmission car. Lets see your car threshold brake from 120 into a 40 mph turn and then balance the car through the corner and power to the next corner. Do that for 45 minutes straight and then you can talk to me about “cojones.”

But I do admire your impression of invincibility in that you must be “stupid” to crash. Well the reality of it is... things happen and there is nothing you can do to prevent it other than make sure there is space between you and any other object (moving or not).
Old 08-26-2004, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Go to the track like 1/2 of America? pft I doubt the average person can afford a track day for its a hell of a lot cheaper to go blast down a section of government paved tarmac. With the cost to track a car for a day being in the ball park of 700 bucks I doubt the average guy at the street races has that kind of cash sitting around. Hell they all seem to live on top romin for 6 months so they can buy the new go fast part. Clearly you are not in that demographic but that is what the average street racer is like. Im not trying to act like im the big cheese here but the average person does not have the ability to blow money that quickly. Hell I think twice each time I go!

Cali has it 1 better... you car is sold after the first offence! Seems like street racing has fallen off a bit now! WOW funny how that works! Florida should look into it.

Real driving involves going stopping and turning. Lets see that G35 throw down a lap time... then lets see the RENNtech car do the same... that will show who is king. To be honest it would be a hell of a good run for that 440 hp wont help much (if it even has that much).

As for my not having the “cojones” to street race? Ill call the bluff here. It takes no brain power or ability to go fast in a straight line with an automatic transmission car. Lets see your car threshold brake from 120 into a 40 mph turn and then balance the car through the corner and power to the next corner. Do that for 45 minutes straight and then you can talk to me about “cojones.”

But I do admire your impression of invincibility in that you must be “stupid” to crash. Well the reality of it is... things happen and there is nothing you can do to prevent it other than make sure there is space between you and any other object (moving or not).

First of all, im not the one trying to act like the big cheese. Your the one who comes off acting all high and mighty with your "vast omniscience" about cars, racing, and everything in between. Nice that you have an opinion, but you will bash a fellow enthusiest to make your opinion heard... sorry but that is disrespect in my opinion. If I were the one who didnt like street racing and I saw a fellow enthusiest doing that, if i wanted my opinion heard, then id tell my fellow enthusiest to be careful and explain to him about the dangers of street racing, not flame him. If he listens then good, if not then I am not one to flame him for not listening. "You need to work on your people skills"

Secondly, so what your saying is that it takes no intelegence to set up a race with another car (and predict if you can beat it or not w/in certain stipulations), set up a race with another racer (which is a psychological game), organize a safe spot to race at, prep the street, and be able to get your car out the hole w/o much wheelspin... its not always the faster car that wins!!!! Having an Auto transmission isnt making it easier for me, it just give me an advantage over the other racer with a manual transmission b/c I am running more consistantly.

And another thing.. you tell me to track my RENNTech car. Sorry, but the way I have my C32 setup is not for taking curves. Maybe an SCCA or ER AutoX event here and there would be ok, but my car isnt set up for taking corners. Its a street car with lowering springs that preserve its ride comfort but allow for a little more aggressive cornering and more stability at higher speeds. If I wanted a track car I would buy KW Variant 2 Coilovers, sway bars, etc....actually no.. if i wanted a track car i would have bought an M3 or C55. But lets do this... setup another C32 with the same engine mods and instead of the springs I have, set him up with a set of coilovers that are setup for aggressive handling and I guarantee that i will outlaunch him in a street race 95% of the time. Every car is set up for its own specific purpose and before I put all that strain on my C32 from hard cornering, varied acceleration, and burn multiple sets of tires, id rather buy a Civic for cheap, strip it out, and turn it into a road racer and still have enough money to mod my C32 for everyday driving comfort and usesfull street performance.

Also, you explain that it is expensive to race on the track...and you are right. But lots of people across America do pay to track their cars. Then there are people who arent willing to spend that type of money and look to other means of an exhilerating experience. You are just as prone to crashing into another vehicle and killing yourself while you "chase him down" around the curves, as you are going straight line with somebody next to you on an empty road. When your numbers up, its your time to go...

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 08-26-2004 at 11:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 440hp G35 race video