C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

440hp G35 race video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
I save my people skills for times when there is a reason to use them. When I am telling someone that street racing is illegal, pointless and dangerous I don’t need to sugar coat the message. I would hope that you are old enough to not get all bent out of shape in a forum discussion because that would not bode well for your ability to stay calm at the wheel.

As for crashing the car at the track you are correct and it happens very often. Only difference is that I don’t chase people down. I drive the car and then get out and look at my lap times. I’m racing my self and not some other person who most likely does not have the skill needed to keep it on the road. The number of times that I have come up behind a car only to watch him run right off the road shows that most people drive in their mirrors and worry about racing each other and not learning how to drive. When a car gets near me (with in 10 car lengths I start planning when I will let him by for I am not here to race him or prove who has the bigger package.

At a track even you learn to watch people and see what they are doing. A skilled racer will see a fellow track user and say “he is going to spin in the next turn” and low and behold the car spins in the next turn. These are the cars you stay away from. When in traffic you break off line so that when the monkeys trying to fight for position run into each other, you have an escape route. When at a street race, a car can pull out and wack your toast. The people at a track event are there to race and well they know the risks. On the streets you risk innocent peoples lives that want nothing to do with your speed trials.

I am no pro driver and I know there are many on this forum that could show me a thing or two about driving. Bottom line is that I don’t like seeing people street racing and when people ask for video footage, follow up races, and reviews, it only adds to the desire to go faster. In the end all the bragging promotes a dangerous and illegal sport and this is what gets me all up in arms.

Maybe I should just say be careful but that sounds like what a mom tells her son when he turns 16. This is a little different I would think.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 08-27-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! I just read this thread for the first time. I call a foul. You guys are not supposed to write more than a 1000 words per post. That's for me to do...

A stock G35 is just as much a pig as is a stock C32 on the track, as I have driven both on the track. My Carlsson RS suspension mod will eat any stock G35 on a road course any day. As for a mod'd G35 with 400+hp, coilovers, camber, etc. vs a stock C32, the G35 will win at a road course every time as well as on the drag strip. I could not keep up with a Nismo 350Z drift car in my C32 last time at the track and he was going sideways!

I have no idea what the real point of the thread is, but just had to add some words to my total word count to date...