C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Supercharger pulley is stuck won't turn

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz c32 amg
Supercharger pulley is stuck won't turn

Hi i'm new here but long story short i own a 2002 c32 amg and the supercharger pulley seems to be stuck can somebody help me with this?
Old 07-12-2020, 11:16 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
C400, E300 TurboDiesel
Which part of the pulley? Remove the belt from the pulley and try to spin the ribbed part while holding the smooth round black part behind the pulley. If you’re holding the clutch and the pulley still doesn’t spin, the bearing is sized. If you’re running the engine and the belt is just slipping over the pulley and not spinning the pulley or supercharger, your supercharger is most likely siezed. You need to investigate further, just saying “the pulley won’t spin” doesn’t help diagnosis at all.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Rachmiel Vaseur
Hi i'm new here but long story short i own a 2002 c32 amg and the supercharger pulley seems to be stuck can somebody help me with this?
Does it move when the car is running? If so, I would suggest taking off the pulley and adding a few shims until the gap is 0.20-0.30mm.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc S55 AMG Kompressor 2003 & S320 1999
Originally Posted by alb3rtt
Does it move when the car is running? If so, I would suggest taking off the pulley and adding a few shims until the gap is 0.20-0.30mm.
I got the following and I am concerned the SC is seized. I drove the car around the block very slowly to test something else. then smoke came from the engine compartment. stopped and switched off and found the plastic cover scored by heat. took it off and that found that black rubber/plastic covered part of the clutch assembly of the SC very hot. waited a bit and started the engine again the ribbed pulley runs with the engine easily (No belt slipping) but that black clutch part stand still. Switched off again and try to turn that black ring part but it will not budge. It that black ring part connected to the worm shaft in the SC (Gear) and the ribbed pully running on the bearing inside that black ring? To me it looks like the SC is seized up. but how can that happen without any serious load?
Please advise, thanks guys.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Flydutch
I got the following and I am concerned the SC is seized. I drove the car around the block very slowly to test something else. then smoke came from the engine compartment. stopped and switched off and found the plastic cover scored by heat. took it off and that found that black rubber/plastic covered part of the clutch assembly of the SC very hot. waited a bit and started the engine again the ribbed pulley runs with the engine easily (No belt slipping) but that black clutch part stand still. Switched off again and try to turn that black ring part but it will not budge. It that black ring part connected to the worm shaft in the SC (Gear) and the ribbed pully running on the bearing inside that black ring? To me it looks like the SC is seized up. but how can that happen without any serious load?
Please advise, thanks guys.
Yes it should rotate freely with the engine off. Best way to test it is to remove the belt and check how freely both the clutch pulley spins as well as the SC driven shaft (the part you describe as the black ring). A SC is a machine like the rest of your car and it depends upon proper lubrication and proper clearances. First question is, when was the oil last checked/changed? Not your engine oil, your SC oil.