HK C55 Specification

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
HK C55 Specification

Dealer Spec ( may slightly deviate from the one I ordered )

all options shown are treated as "standards" in this package. I like to know whether this is the same in USA?

any comments?

cnt
Old 08-19-2004, 01:52 AM

Z06, M3, Mini Cooper S. Sold: C55
Several differences...

Some of the items you get as standard are options here in USA (such as Nav, blue solar glass, rain sensor, CD changer, Xenon).

Other items aren't even available here, i.e. Parktronic, Thermotronic A/C, and fold down mirrors... what the heck is "Parameter Steering" though? And I have no clue what the 50 audio system is compared to our HK with command Nav.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by rbaker
Several differences...

Some of the items you get as standard are options here in USA (such as Nav, blue solar glass, rain sensor, CD changer, Xenon).

Other items aren't even available here, i.e. Parktronic, Thermotronic A/C, and fold down mirrors... what the heck is "Parameter Steering" though? And I have no clue what the 50 audio system is compared to our HK with command Nav.
The main reason "options" become "standard" is the dealer has "forced" the customer to buy the whole package with their specified "options". This works well to both sides, as it is still overall cheaper to have those options embedded as a total price otherwise it will be 100% tax for adding any options.

The one I am getting is not quite a custom order, means that I have to accept the whole package they offer. They already ordered these packages from the June's production line. If I need less options than the package, it means I have to custom order from the October production line which I will not get the car until end year.

I actually paid 857,000 because the C55 I get will come with a electric back curtain which as you can see this this is not included in the 850,000 total price. The listed price of this option is 3500 and it becomes 7000 on my bill Anyway, it is pretty common in HK that people buying high value Eurpean cars like MB will always want to have more options to play with because in Asia we can never get cheaper European cars than those living in the USA.

Parameter steering is an option which the steering wheel can be operated with less force when the car is in slower motion.

cnt