Euro Plate Mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' MB C-dblenckel
Euro Plate Mount

all,

I need help in locating a retailer who I can obtain a mount for a EURO plate, I was gonna leave my bumper clean, but the dealer had already drilled holes in for the US spec plates when I got the car....I went to get an estimate on how much it will be for a bodyshop to cover the holes and repaint and let's just say I'd rather use that $$ for some other worthy mod.....so my solution was to put a Euro Plate, because IMO the US plate just looks hideous in the front....I've GOOGLED numerous websites but to no avail.... I've called the dealer and they said that since it's not a US-spec item, MB won't ship it to them....now the mount I'm looking for is not the bracket the EURO plate comes w/, it's a rubber-like piece that contours to the bumper and connects the plate bracket to the bumper....w/o this, there will be a gap between the plate bracket and bumper leaving the screw threads exposed...
Old 08-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Talk to Steve, MBenzNL ... He can most likely get it for you,
Old 08-25-2004, 03:20 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by awiner
Talk to Steve, MBenzNL ... He can most likely get it for you,
thanks a million!!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 03:41 PM

2006 Corvette Coupe
Originally Posted by DbleNckel
I've called the dealer and they said that since it's not a US-spec item, MB won't ship it to them....now the mount I'm looking for is not the bracket the EURO plate comes w/, it's a rubber-like piece that contours to the bumper and connects the plate bracket to the bumper....w/o this, there will be a gap between the plate bracket and bumper leaving the screw threads exposed...
LOL. About a month ago I was trying to get a replacement US-spec front license plate mount and the dealer looked up and ordered the Euro part instead, which did me no good so I canceled that order. Unfortunately I no longer have the part number but the MB dealer is BSing you if he says they can't get it. (It did have to come via "special order" and they required me to pre-pay for it!). For reference it was about $50.

The same dealer then told me that if I wanted the US one, it would cost $150, but then immediately offered to sell it to me for $100?!?!. I asked whether it was the same as the other C-classes and was told since our bumpers are a bit different, the regular C-class version wouldn't work. He also told me that AMG specific parts, such as our bumpers, cost significantly more than non-AMGs, citing as an example, a C-class bumper at about $500 vs an AMG C-bumper at about $1500.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:48 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by cschow
LOL. About a month ago I was trying to get a replacement US-spec front license plate mount and the dealer looked up and ordered the Euro part instead, which did me no good so I canceled that order. Unfortunately I no longer have the part number but the MB dealer is BSing you if he says they can't get it. (It did have to come via "special order" and they required me to pre-pay for it!). For reference it was about $50.

The same dealer then told me that if I wanted the US one, it would cost $150, but then immediately offered to sell it to me for $100?!?!. I asked whether it was the same as the other C-classes and was told since our bumpers are a bit different, the regular C-class version wouldn't work. He also told me that AMG specific parts, such as our bumpers, cost significantly more than non-AMGs, citing as an example, a C-class bumper at about $500 vs an AMG C-bumper at about $1500.
thx for the info I PM'd Steve per Awiner.....we'll see if he can hook it up...if not, my alternate plan is to call all the local dealers here in So. Cali to see what they say.....