C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Replace your stock C32 fuel pump for less than $200

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 03:01 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2005 S55 AMG Designo, (sold)2001 ML55 Designo, (sold)2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
Replace your stock C32 fuel pump for less than $200

Hey guys. I figured this all out a while ago but I thought I would repost it for the unaware.

I want to preface this by saying this is for stock cars only.

I made this post: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...p-c32-amg.html

because I was having long crank issues after replacing my sender unit and drilling a hole into my fuel pump assembly to bypass the auxiliary pump.

Well, I fixed the pump mid 2020 and never updated because I was lazy and forgot but today I decided to actually update everyone. I helped a couple people over on Benzworld but I am here to tell you that my research was not in vain.

I bought both pumps (they were the original manufacturers) on eBay for less than $200. FCPEuro and pretty much every other site wanted close to $1000 for the entire fuel pump system which is STUPID. There were other members who were told they also needed their fuel tanks replaced and they were taken advantage of.

So, if you look at my link above, you will see actual photos and correct part numbers.

If you are the type of person to DIY, this is perfect for you because you only pay for the parts and you fix your car in less than 30 minutes.

If you aren't the type to DIY, I highly suggest you this yourself. This job is ezp lemon squeezy. You don't need special tools. Just basic hand tools but make sure you have sockets that go down to like 4mm cause I know there are some small bolt heads down there. I have never touched the fuel system and I did it myself in less than 20 minutes. If you are in SoCal, I will help you do this for free.

When I was figuring it all out, there was a seller that was charging 500 doll hairs to do exactly what I did. He didn't want to share part numbers either.

So, if you are having fuel pump issues or maybe you just got the car and are refreshing it, use my guide. I can answer any questions.

It's been over a year and half with 0 issues and I repeat, the new fuel pumps were the exact same ones in my stock system.

This should be a crime

Final note: this is for STOCK CARS ONLY!!!

Old 06-28-2021, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2002 C32
The death of the fuel pumps was the motivation of my car's previous owner to sell me the C32 for cheap. I found both Bosch pumps for around $200 total and a few hundred for the rear SAM that got melted. I don't take it for granted that I bought a $55k car for $2500, put a thousand in and have gotten 56k more miles over the last 3 years just keeping tires on it and changing the oil/filters. I am grateful.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:11 PM

2005 S55 AMG Designo, (sold)2001 ML55 Designo, (sold)2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
Originally Posted by godpossessed
The death of the fuel pumps was the motivation of my car's previous owner to sell me the C32 for cheap. I found both Bosch pumps for around $200 total and a few hundred for the rear SAM that got melted. I don't take it for granted that I bought a $55k car for $2500, put a thousand in and have gotten 56k more miles over the last 3 years just keeping tires on it and changing the oil/filters. I am grateful.
Man I know how scary it is to hear how much a fuel pump replacement is going to be. Did my "guide" help you or did you figure it out on your own? It's not hard to figure out but it is time consuming and 100% not a...mechanically challenged person (hence why many people were duped into thinking they had to replace the entire fuel tank too). good work on the SAM, I am grateful mine is still intact.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:43 PM

2002 C32
Originally Posted by Oshkoshbigjosh
Man I know how scary it is to hear how much a fuel pump replacement is going to be. Did my "guide" help you or did you figure it out on your own? It's not hard to figure out but it is time consuming and 100% not a...mechanically challenged person (hence why many people were duped into thinking they had to replace the entire fuel tank too). good work on the SAM, I am grateful mine is still intact.
I work at an MB dealership and have access to a tech who found the Bosch part #s on the pumps. I got the SAM at employee price so I have really gotten away with a cheap ownership experience.

Mark
Old 06-30-2021, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by godpossessed
I work at an MB dealership and have access to a tech who found the Bosch part #s on the pumps. I got the SAM at employee price so I have really gotten away with a cheap ownership experience.

Mark
Oh damn thats some new info. I called a dealership, I used all AllData and Mitchell to try and pull the numbers and zero of them had the part numbers for it. They all had the procedures to buy the fuel pump system for like 1700 from the dealer. You definitely dodged a bullet getting the info so easily. Did anyone tell you that the fuel tank needed to be replaced?
Old 07-01-2021, 05:12 PM

2002 C32
Originally Posted by Oshkoshbigjosh
Oh damn thats some new info. I called a dealership, I used all AllData and Mitchell to try and pull the numbers and zero of them had the part numbers for it. They all had the procedures to buy the fuel pump system for like 1700 from the dealer. You definitely dodged a bullet getting the info so easily. Did anyone tell you that the fuel tank needed to be replaced?
Before he figured out the Bosch part numbers, my tech researched whether a new MB tank would come with the pumps at a better price. It turns out that it doesn't as you already know. Once the tank was opened and the pumps were replaced (new cover gasket) I had some gas odor inside the car. We had to really crank down on the fuel tank cover (special tool) to get it to stop stinking.