C32 AMG Intercooler upgrade idea!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2021 | 03:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C32
C32 AMG Intercooler upgrade idea!

Hey guys!!
I've been brainstorming for a long time now before doing any power upgrades! I've decided going this route! If you have any suggestions please feel free to suggest!
so I'm planning on gutting out the stock intercooler close off all the ports for coolant in/out, sensor's ports.
and remove the intercooler radiator and weld it back shut!! Now have the charged air flow from the supercharger into the now welded shut tank and take the two outlets one for each bank ( which previously went into charged tanks) and route them to two separate V-shaped intercoolers on each side and take the outlets from each of the Intercoolers and route them to surge tanks! Since stock Intercooler is dual pass I dont think two side mounted single pass IC's will create a lag! Also I'm going to have to isolate the cooling system with a reservoir, where ecu will trigger the pump which takes the fluid frm the res splits goes to two IC's and hot water frm there goes to heat exchanger up front cools down returns to the res!
I've attached pics of the intercooler I'm thinking of going with! They're cheap! $120 per IC, compared to alternatives.... 113k guys put SLR's IC's 😂😂🤣🤣

Question is do I need to reroute the MAP sensor going this route? Also where is the charged air temp sensor? If it residedes somewhere in or near the stock IC it'll have to be removed!
please let me know what y'all think!
Thanks
The following users liked this post:
jasontaylor7 (08-23-2021)
Old 08-23-2021 | 12:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
bmw 528i
It seems you just want to get lower drag times, not sustained top speeds? Did you get the answer to your question yet? Sad so few C32 ppl left these days.
The following users liked this post:
AMGWAVE910 (09-10-2021)
Old 08-23-2021 | 01:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C32
Originally Posted by jasontaylor7
It seems you just want to get lower drag times, not sustained top speeds? Did you get the answer to your question yet? Sad so few C32 ppl left these days.
Unfortunately yes not a lot of people are tinkering with m112k's anymore. But to answer you I'll be knowing that answer shortly here almost done with front suspension and steering rebuild along with fuel pumps. Had a little hiccup with waterpump, whoever replaced the water pump before over torqued the living hell out of the bolts and I snapped one of them, broke the extractor inside which my dad got it out and rethreaded it for me. After all the coolant hoses I plan on removing the supercharger and gutting the intercooler or come up with a clever plan to avoid gutting it and reroute the charged air to the top side mounted IC's and go from there! Ofc I'll record the Temps before and after! Biggest issue with stock IC is that its also the support for the SC! SC sits on top of it and mounts to the engine! Going to have to make a custom mount made of thick AF steel so there is no play in SC! I would love it if someone has a leaky IC that I can buy so I can gut that and avoid destroying my perfect one!
And no idc about drag times! Top speed is where it'd shine! And of course this setup should help with heat soak for 0 to whatever multiple pulls. But let's see so much work.
Old 08-30-2023 | 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg
Curious what ever happened of this idea/project? Few C32 around....and as a former racer, I'm always looking for ways to improve mine. Very interested in improving the stock IC config...
Old 08-31-2023 | 01:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
Add a https://killerchiller.com/ Killer Chiller heat exchanger and trunk tank.