C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

ABS, ESP, Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2021 | 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, 2006 C55 AMG, CLS55 AMG
ABS, ESP, Check Engine Light

I Own a C55 AMG and recently after replacing the spark plugs The car Can drive a few miles before the ABS, ESP, Check Engine and Brake Pad Sensors go off. Car enters limp mode and wont get out of park once stopped. Had to manually override the lock to get her back home. If anyone has any Idea what It could be I would appreciate it! Located in the Maryland Area
Old 07-01-2021 | 05:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 S55 AMG Designo, (sold)2001 ML55 Designo, (sold)2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
Originally Posted by Roudy C55
I Own a C55 AMG and recently after replacing the spark plugs The car Can drive a few miles before the ABS, ESP, Check Engine and Brake Pad Sensors go off. Car enters limp mode and wont get out of park once stopped. Had to manually override the lock to get her back home. If anyone has any Idea what It could be I would appreciate it! Located in the Maryland Area
Do you have any way to pull codes?

If it wont shift out of park it could be the brake light switch. Have someone check if your brake lights are working while youre in park with the car on. As for the limp mode, a brake light switch will not cause that but we can't help you without codes or more info. Did it just happen out of nowhere after the plugs? Is it misfiring? when it is on do you feel the engine vibrating and does it sound odd? Did you do the plugs or take it to a shop?
Old 07-01-2021 | 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Oshkoshbigjosh
Do you have any way to pull codes?

If it wont shift out of park it could be the brake light switch. Have someone check if your brake lights are working while youre in park with the car on. As for the limp mode, a brake light switch will not cause that but we can't help you without codes or more info. Did it just happen out of nowhere after the plugs? Is it misfiring? when it is on do you feel the engine vibrating and does it sound odd? Did you do the plugs or take it to a shop?
Hey Thanks for the quick response I pulled two Codes.
The classic P0600 and P0720
I do all the work on my C55, Im sure its something to do with the ABS module. I had to manually overide the Limp Mode to get her home but its Strange forsure. It had been like this for a few days but After I turned her off and Back on it would go away. Today it was different, just stopped Shifting and Entered limp. No Misfire issues, No Weird Noises.
Old 07-02-2021 | 05:53 AM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
C32x2 RIP, 2005 C55, 2020 GLB 250, 2014 E550
Which brand of plugs and wires did you use? Only reason I ask, I had a similar issue a few months ago after I replaced my spark plugs and wires. It turned out that the Bremi spark plug wires were the cause of the faults. Swapped them with OEM spark plug wires and everything was good again.
Old 07-02-2021 | 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Benzaddict32
Which brand of plugs and wires did you use? Only reason I ask, I had a similar issue a few months ago after I replaced my spark plugs and wires. It turned out that the Bremi spark plug wires were the cause of the faults. Swapped them with OEM spark plug wires and everything was good again.
Exactly!! The current plugs seem to be Bosch but from my knowledge the OEM wires are bremi. I ordered new bremi wires and a Abs sensor. Fcp seems to be out the bosche wires
Old 07-02-2021 | 03:48 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 S55 AMG Designo, (sold)2001 ML55 Designo, (sold)2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
Originally Posted by Roudy C55
Exactly!! The current plugs seem to be Bosch but from my knowledge the OEM wires are bremi. I ordered new bremi wires and a Abs sensor. Fcp seems to be out the bosche wires

i dont know the quality of bremi but i do know that aftermarket coils and wires seem interfere with smooth operation.

do you have any other mercedes with the same coil and wire? The Bosch ones are the best and never cause issues so if yours arent Bosch then it could be the problem.

i doubt its the plugs but there is a tool that you can use to test plugs while theyre running. Not too expensive but definitely helps with diagnosing.

im sure you can find a cheap one on amazon by typing in “coil on plug tester” or by googling. I know this is a far out suggestion but its good to have in a tool box if you work on your own cars. Its saved me from having to rip out every single plug so its worth the investment