C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Dealer Markup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 Dealer Markup

Does anyone have any idea what the dealer markup is on a C55 ? Here in Canada a fairly loaded C55 goes for about $76,000. My dealer is giving me the usual talk about how they can't discount the car because they don't make much profit, it is so rare and hard to get, blah blah blah. How much truth is there to this ? Seems to me since it is the most expensive C-class the profit margin should be pretty healthy. I think I should be able to get at least 10% off the sticker price. Am I being unreasonable ? Were any of you US buyers able to get 10% or more off the sticker price ?
Old 09-22-2004, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB Canada NEVER gives discounts on AMG cars. Period. If you dont buy it, there're lots of people who want to buy it. But on the other hand, they will never mark up their cars because dealers are directly owned by MB. You should ask for some accessories or half PDI instead.

Last edited by Harris; 09-22-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:09 PM
J P

Originally Posted by viper
Does anyone have any idea what the dealer markup is on a C55 ? Here in Canada a fairly loaded C55 goes for about $76,000. My dealer is giving me the usual talk about how they can't discount the car because they don't make much profit, it is so rare and hard to get, blah blah blah. How much truth is there to this ? Seems to me since it is the most expensive C-class the profit margin should be pretty healthy. I think I should be able to get at least 10% off the sticker price. Am I being unreasonable ? Were any of you US buyers able to get 10% or more off the sticker price ?
In the US, the markup on the C32 was 7.5 %. I imagine the C55 has a similar markup. If they gave you a 10% discount, they’d be selling it for less than their cost!

Source: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/merc....mercedesbenz*

Harris is right, M-B dealerships that are owned by M-B Canada usually don’t haggle. In the Greater Toronto Area, all 7 dealers are owned by M-B Canada.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:48 AM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by viper
10% OFF STICKER????

THE DEALER WILL YOU OFF THE SHOWROOM!!! :p
Old 09-23-2004, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
I purchased my C32 in April of this year and got the car at dealer cost $48100 because of the new C55 coming out and also because I have bought 6 MB's from them in 4 years. If you get in good with your dealership, they won't hesitate to give you a deal. But 10%,
Old 09-23-2004, 11:12 AM

C32
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
I purchased my C32 in April of this year and got the car at dealer cost $48100 because of the new C55 coming out and also because I have bought 6 MB's from them in 4 years. If you get in good with your dealership, they won't hesitate to give you a deal. But 10%,
That's an awfully good price as most folks on this board either bought the car at MSRP or just slightly south, namely 1000 - 2000 off MSRP.

The only reason you will pay for the markup is you want the car and it's brand new. The C55 is no longer in this case, so just walk away if they want you to pay markup. Someone else is anxious enough to take it, but I will never absolutely pay markup on a car unless it's a collectible at an auction.