C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Weird ESP behavior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
Weird ESP behavior

My ESP is acting up these days and I don't know what to do about it. Hope someone could help.

My ESP, the yellow warning light, flashes at random times, and cuts off the engine while it is flashing. the way to make it stop flashing is for me to step off the accelerator for a bit and then it would be fine. however, this occurs very often, once or twice, per block. when i push the car hard, it never flashes unless i slip the rear wheels. Also, the BAS, ESP, ABS, warnings came on for about 2 minutes and went away. that has only happened once.

i took my car to the dealer a week ago for an alignment, and told them to look into this ESP problem. first, they said they could not align the car because the alginment problem is being caused by unevenly worn front tires. second, they concluded the ESP problem is due to the tires, since a slight difference in the circumference could trigger this. what do you guys make of this?

when i look at the front tires, there seems to be a bit uneven wear, ( a little bit more worn on the inside of the tires) but not enough to be causing this.

my dilemma is this. i am going on a trip this weekend, and i don't know if i should take my car or get a loaner. also, i need to decide if i should buy new front tires. they still have a good amount of tread left.

please help.
thanks..

One more thing... I saw a C55 today at the Padres game in the parking structure. i have to say the car is damn beautiful. congrats on whomever purchased the car.