C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 AMG Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG Interior

For some reason, the C55 AMG interior feels and seems inferior to the Audi S and BMW M. What do you guys think? and if more AMG specific items would be added to the interior of an AMG, what do you guys think would be the best one? Personally, I think it would be nice to have the ///// logo on the headrest...

Last edited by waldis; 09-27-2004 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:49 AM

a car
Really, I think it has the best ones compared to the S4 and M3. Only saying this because I test drove both vehicles this past weekend, and was really impressed but not when it came down to the interior. I guess everybody has their own opinion.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:22 AM

E55 Flint Grey/Merlot
I have to join the Revolution on this one too. The C55 layout is more intuitive. A/C controls are more attractive and easier to use. It looks classier and more expensive to me but then again it is.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I'd rather has subtler interior than having an interior where everything screams AMG. That leaves more room for me to personalize my car. Anyways, I don't feel the newly redone interior for the C's and CLK's inferior. Again, just my $.02
Old 09-28-2004, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Put the the M and AMG versions aside , the 3 series interior is lousy and cheap enough that not even to compete with the cheaper Japanese cars. So , many will agree, the non-AMG C class is already a winner.

For AMG as high ends versions of the 3 and C , the manufacturers did try to make them look and feel different from their lower ends models. We have to agree this. And, how much differences can they make? A M3 is still a 3 , and a C55 is still a C. But perhaps, the new C facelift does give more emphasis on interior improvement, than the M3 facelift did.

Not to compare interiors of the two cars bits by bits, the M3 design is a Coupe , so logically it is more 'sporty', at least the front passengers have more rooms than the C. Of course, no doubt the back seats of the M3 are enough close to doggie seats.

I had been a passenger of M3. So I think both M3 and C55 are 'luxury' enough to make people think you drive a luxury car. The only thing to note is you have to pay much more than a 330i to get the M3 interior. For the C, you can pay as little for the C200K to get almost the same ( with sports package option ) interior of the dear C55. My friend just bought a C200K facelift, and I cannot tell any major differences in the interior of the C200K from my C55 except the C55 's Nappe seats

cnt
Old 09-28-2004, 10:03 AM

thanks for everyone's input. what do you guys think the c55 interior is compared with the s4?
also, what other amg stuff do you think can be added to the c55 interior?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Almost a Member!

C55 AMG
WHy do you want more show? I could personaly car less about AMG stuff in the car. I drove the M3, S4 and C55 on my looking for a new car. The intirior of the S4 did not impress me at all. I thought the Acura TL looked better inside. The M3 has all the sinage you are looking for. But the metal stuff is painted on and bound to crack. The insterment cluster was cheap looking as well. The seats were soso. Was not impressive. The C55 had the best, classiest intirior. Was the big selling point for me.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:58 AM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by ScottsC55
WHy do you want more show? I could personaly car less about AMG stuff in the car. I drove the M3, S4 and C55 on my looking for a new car. The intirior of the S4 did not impress me at all. I thought the Acura TL looked better inside. The M3 has all the sinage you are looking for. But the metal stuff is painted on and bound to crack. The insterment cluster was cheap looking as well. The seats were soso. Was not impressive. The C55 had the best, classiest intirior. Was the big selling point for me.

DITTO!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by ScottsC55
The C55 had the best, classiest intirior. Was the big selling point for me.
I have to agree 100%.
I was paying 40% more money for the C55 than I paid for my W210 3 yr ago. Being once a E class owner, I am too used to luxury interior and anything 'less' than my W210 is unacceptable.
I never had a chance to sit in a C55 interior until I got my car.
The look and feel of the C55 interior never let me down since.
( even it is now aluminium instead of the W210's maple wood )
Having said that , the M3 's interior is still MUCH BETTER than the cheaper 3 Series. May be it was the brown color nappa seats of my friend's M3 once impressed me.

cnt
Old 09-28-2004, 01:33 PM

2005 White C55
c55 seats are by far the nicer of the 3 i think as well as the instrument panel!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I have not seen the new S4's interior yet, but i did test drive an M3, & have seen numerous M3 interiors. I have to completely disagree, i think that the C55's interior is much superior than the M3's. The M3 felt a little cheap to me, especially the SMG paddles. In the C55 everything is neatly distributed, the seats are much more luxurious, they hold you real good when cornering, and the alcantara inserts are great. You also have AMG & V8 on the instrument cluster, the metal AMG inserts on the seat backs are a great touch & so are the side door sills with AMG on it. The only things I wish they would have added are AMG on the shifter & steering wheel.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 M3 Cab, 2005 C55 AMG, 2007 B7 RS4
Smile

As owner of both, I'll say the C55 is better than the M3 except two things
the steering wheel and the SMG shifter...maybe it just me it just feel much better and the SMG is just right for the control either on the paddle or the shifter.

I don't expect much luxury on the M3, it don't even have basic item
like the Garage door opener. But overall is good. (i don't have any paint crack
on my car yet... for almost three year now)

For the NEW S4....beside the new Recardo seat (only looks good)
it almost the same as the last one...still don't have the REAL Nav...
the steering wheel and the shift looks awful.....but the price is good.
That's just my 2cents.

But one thing I notice.....the paint on the C55 is better...I don't it's a nano-paint or not. It just easier to clean than my M3. Bo car are almost excatly
the same color M3 ( Carbon Black) c55 (Diamond Black) = DEEP matellic dark blue. You know how hard to keep them clean. That's something I really like about the C55.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:36 PM

14 'E550
The M3 has optional aluminum trim and is a $300 option from the factory, combine that with the very nice Nappa leather on the seats, doors, armrest. Also has a leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob/boot, chrome interior door handles (not plastic). Quality plastics used throughout.

This forum is biased (to be expected), there is conversation going on at another forum (non MB) right now discussing how crappy the Cclass interior is.

I don't mind it, but don't think its any better than the M3.

Last edited by Beltfed; 09-29-2004 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:51 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
S4 interior beats the C55 which = the M3.

C55 seats beat the S4 seats which = the M3 seats.

M3 beats the S4 in driver orientation and the S4 beats the C55.

functionality wise, the C55 beats the M3 and the M3 beats the S4. The MFD in the MB is just much more usefull than the 3's little trip computer stalk button. The A4/S4 has just way too many little buttons here and there.

Last edited by FrankW; 09-29-2004 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by MiamiC55
I have not seen the new S4's interior yet, but i did test drive an M3, & have seen numerous M3 interiors. I have to completely disagree, i think that the C55's interior is much superior than the M3's. The M3 felt a little cheap to me, especially the SMG paddles. In the C55 everything is neatly distributed, the seats are much more luxurious, they hold you real good when cornering, and the alcantara inserts are great. You also have AMG & V8 on the instrument cluster, the metal AMG inserts on the seat backs are a great touch & so are the side door sills with AMG on it. The only things I wish they would have added are AMG on the shifter & steering wheel.
As I was only being a back seats passenger on my friend's M3 in Japan for a one full day Fuji mountains tour, I was impressed because the M3 nappa seats make a big difference from the normal 3's.
I am never able to compare the C55 interior with my blurr memory of the M3's.

About the shifter, yes, a AMG logo may be a good idea. Nevertheless, the C55 AMG shifter wiithout a logo is still a AMG shifter , because it is not the same as the one on the new C class. I spotted this on my friend's new 2005 C200K Sports Package.

About the steering wheel without a AMG logo, yes, it is nice to have; and then it is still a AMG steering wheel as only it has the speedshift buttons and the C class Sports Package doesn't have.

I am glad so many people here have spotted the M3 and C55 differences. I have yet to check with my forcoming passengers friends as what they think about the C55 with my previous W210.

cnt