ASP Pulleys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32AMG
Originally Posted by doofoo
TC,

1/4mile I assume? What times were you running stock vs pullies? Also, did you do any dyno runs before/after? I am going to be adding some software as well, but just trying to look at my options right now. Suggestions?

The prices on software are pretty nuts as well.

Thanks,
Mike
Yup quarter mile, without pullies was running consistent 13.5 to 13.6 with a best of 13.29. This is as is without adjusting tire pressure etc.

After the pullies and chip and SL55 intake first time out craked off a 13.55 backed up with a 13.19.

Does not sound like a big improvement but the the trap speeds went up about 2 MPH from 106 to 108 ( a sign you are making HP). The car is now very consistent in the 13.3 range. I see consistency as a better indicator as this will be what you are running most of the time. Need new tires, but that is next year as the season is over up here. Probably will dip into the 12.9's

As for dyno figures, I did not dyno it before the pullies but did some calculations and I was pretty spot on when I calcualted what I was making after the pullies and the dyno run proved it.

So before the pullies I was calculating about 301 hp at the wheels and calculated 323 after the mods. Dyno after the mods were in the 320 range with similar increases in torque which you can really tell with the pullies.

As for installation I left it to a mechanic did not want to mess around down there lots of sensitive stuff. Took about an hour to install.

Hope that helps

T
Old 10-26-2004, 01:41 AM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G
TC32AMG; how long/labor was it to install the asp pullies?
Old 10-26-2004, 01:53 AM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
Originally Posted by TC32AMG
Yup quarter mile, without pullies was running consistent 13.5 to 13.6 with a best of 13.29. This is as is without adjusting tire pressure etc.

After the pullies and chip and SL55 intake first time out craked off a 13.55 backed up with a 13.19.

Does not sound like a big improvement but the the trap speeds went up about 2 MPH from 106 to 108 ( a sign you are making HP). The car is now very consistent in the 13.3 range. I see consistency as a better indicator as this will be what you are running most of the time. Need new tires, but that is next year as the season is over up here. Probably will dip into the 12.9's

As for dyno figures, I did not dyno it before the pullies but did some calculations and I was pretty spot on when I calcualted what I was making after the pullies and the dyno run proved it.

So before the pullies I was calculating about 301 hp at the wheels and calculated 323 after the mods. Dyno after the mods were in the 320 range with similar increases in torque which you can really tell with the pullies.

As for installation I left it to a mechanic did not want to mess around down there lots of sensitive stuff. Took about an hour to install.

Hope that helps

T

TC,

So you had no problems not running software with the pullies, no faults, etc? Sounds look a good investment. I just am going to be looking for software after a little while, any suggestions?

Guess you also never had problems with the ASP Pulley kit?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-26-2004, 02:23 AM

C32AMG
Originally Posted by ro0zy
TC32AMG; how long/labor was it to install the asp pullies?

Hour and a bit cost me 130 bucks CAD

T
Old 10-26-2004, 02:26 AM

C32AMG
TC,

So you had no problems not running software with the pullies, no faults, etc? Sounds look a good investment. I just am going to be looking for software after a little while, any suggestions?

Guess you also never had problems with the ASP Pulley kit?

Thanks,
Mike
I have the powerchip upgrade

No problems with the ASP Crankshaft pulley. Rest of the kit is evosport

T
Old 10-26-2004, 04:06 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by benz-tech
as for installation, there is a special holder required to keep the damper from turning while loosening/tightening the bolt, it's a semi-pain to use but i think that it would be even harder to try to hold it w/ prybars etc. the bolt is either a 17mm allen head or more likely a 27mm normal hex-head. i recommend going to a dealer who has the tools or finding a tech to moon-light if you're worried about warranty issues. i would also be concerned about welding a larger pulley to the outer ring of the damper. MB dampers haven't exactly had the best track record (non AMG)... add heat and expansion and who knows. i'd be curious how they are built at ASP. i believe the shop time for a pulley r&r is around 2.0hrs or less, i'd have to look it up.
i've also read that the mb dampers were not reliable so throw caution in the wind. do a quick search on other forums and you'll see that when they malfunction, they can take out other parts in the engine bay.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:59 AM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
I have the powerchip upgrade

No problems with the ASP Crankshaft pulley. Rest of the kit is evosport

T
T,

Did you ever have the pulley without software? Just wondering, or do you know anyone that ran the pullies without software?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-27-2004, 01:01 AM

C32AMG
T,

Did you ever have the pulley without software? Just wondering, or do you know anyone that ran the pullies without software?

Thanks,
Mike
Nope, always had the software and nope don't know anyone who ran pullies without the software.

T
Old 10-27-2004, 12:17 PM

2004 Capri Blue C32
Can you get the Powerchips ECU sent to you as a replacement chip, or do you have to give them your ECU? And how much?
Old 10-27-2004, 12:42 PM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
Originally Posted by jayitx
Can you get the Powerchips ECU sent to you as a replacement chip, or do you have to give them your ECU? And how much?
You send them the ecu. It is a 2 day turnaround. Not too bad. As far as going rate for the ECU reprogramming, I have only seen the list price which I am sure is not what everyone is getting. Right now I am looking around for a ecu reprogram, evaluating prices/features.

Anyone have the rundown on ecu prices, etc?

Thanks,
-Mike
Old 10-27-2004, 01:24 PM

2004 Capri Blue C32
Thanks Mike. Keep me informed of what you find, as I am also interested in the pulley and ECU upgrades. I'm going to assume that you'd have to get the ECU done after the pulleys, so they know that you have upgraded pulleys when they reprogram the ECU. Is that correct?
Old 10-27-2004, 03:33 PM

C32
Hour and a bit cost me 130 bucks CAD

T

If you don't mind me asking, did you order the ASP pulley kit yourself or did you have someone else bring it in? Where did you have it installed?

Also, do you have any sources for 19" wheels in Vancouver?

Thanks,
Your fellow Vancouver C32 owner.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:27 PM

02 C32 AMG; 06 Subaru Legacy Wagon
Mike,

I think software is the key with the pulley mods on the C32. From everything I have seen, Evosport and Renntech's software is the best, but I do not think they break them out seperately.

BTW, Ben and I have been working a few things for the C32 (since both of us own one now). More on that later.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:39 PM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
Originally Posted by 5150_C32
Mike,

I think software is the key with the pulley mods on the C32. From everything I have seen, Evosport and Renntech's software is the best, but I do not think they break them out seperately.

BTW, Ben and I have been working a few things for the C32 (since both of us own one now). More on that later.

Yeah, I noticed he was posting. I guess everyone from the BMW crowd is switching over to MB now. I would be interested in what you have up your sleeves. I am looking to talk to the owners here see if I can help speed their forum up.

I have really moved away from DTM as it is in self sustaining mode now, want to expand to something new. See if I can help elsewhere as well. Seems this site has the same problems as DTM used to have when it was smaller with speed issues.

Also, on the software, they do sell it independantly of the pullies, but the price is nuts. 1995 or something for software, 1995 for pullies. Just seems insane to me.

Mind contacting me offline (aim: doofoo or email mike@dtmpower.net)? Was interested in talking to you about a few things.

Thanks,
Mike Dye
Old 10-28-2004, 01:41 PM

C32
Hey guys just got off the phone with Lee,and ordered my puuley kit for my C32,just like stated before its 3weeks out so I'll keep you guys posted on install,gains,programming,and dyno runs when they arrive.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:22 PM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
Originally Posted by Bobdole
Hey guys just got off the phone with Lee,and ordered my puuley kit for my C32,just like stated before its 3weeks out so I'll keep you guys posted on install,gains,programming,and dyno runs when they arrive.
Have you decided if you are going to get software with the pullies, if so. Where are you getting it from?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-29-2004, 02:16 AM

C32AMG
Originally Posted by VancouverC32
If you don't mind me asking, did you order the ASP pulley kit yourself or did you have someone else bring it in? Where did you have it installed?

Also, do you have any sources for 19" wheels in Vancouver?

Thanks,
Your fellow Vancouver C32 owner.
I ordered the pulley myself and had it shipped to me, couldn't bother with having it brought up, had it installed at henneken motors at the end of Oak south of marine drive.

19" wheels, sorry Can't help you there, I would imagine Harris could hook you up. Depends what type of wheels you want, there are a couple of places in Richmond that carry some pretty nice wheels. Don't know their names though saw them at the car show.

I am not really into the big wheels and cosmetic items, I like the sleeper look it is way more fun that way plus draws a lot less attention from our friends in law enforcement not to mention thieves.

T
Old 10-29-2004, 02:18 AM

C32
I will be getting software,but will be doing some homework for a few weeks,while waiting for the pulleys to arrive.There is upsolute,powerchip,garret,and a few others,all in good it will all come together
Old 10-29-2004, 07:48 AM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
I will be getting software,but will be doing some homework for a few weeks,while waiting for the pulleys to arrive.There is upsolute,powerchip,garret,and a few others,all in good it will all come together
What prices did you get from the companies? I am very interested. Also, you said garret does software? Got a link/price?

Thanks.
Mike
Old 10-29-2004, 12:40 PM

SLK32
Please post pictures & measurements of the pullies when you receive them. I am interested to see how they look when compared to the RENNteck pullies and to see if the Diameter is the same as EvoSport & RENNtech.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:45 PM

C32
Smile

I ordered the pulley myself and had it shipped to me, couldn't bother with having it brought up, had it installed at henneken motors at the end of Oak south of marine drive.

19" wheels, sorry Can't help you there, I would imagine Harris could hook you up. Depends what type of wheels you want, there are a couple of places in Richmond that carry some pretty nice wheels. Don't know their names though saw them at the car show.

I am not really into the big wheels and cosmetic items, I like the sleeper look it is way more fun that way plus draws a lot less attention from our friends in law enforcement not to mention thieves.

T

Thanks
Old 10-30-2004, 01:41 AM

03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
Any info from Upsolute on weather or not they can provide software that matches the pullies? Or the price of GIAC chip, I didn't see it listed online.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-30-2004, 08:46 AM

C32
upsolute is working on the program for the c32 in austria,as for c32 with pullies he said he would adjust it accordingly,what would need to happen is to get a dyno run and see what the air/fuel ratios are,then adjust.Garret is good at what he does but is busy doing vw/audi work.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:12 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
The part that's clear to me is that in the ASP kit we get a wp pulley , idler pulley and the modified crank pulley for $650-700, but I'm confused by what TC32AMG has mentioned that he only bought one pulley from ASP and the rest are EVOsport. What does that mean exactly? does it creates a different result in upping the hp, etc? Also, is the software really necessary? I've asked around and one shop gave me a quote of $1200 for the ECU mod by using powerchip. Is that good or bad? One last thing is that since we're changing the size of the pulley, will the belt be part of the kit or do we have to figure that out ourselves?

btw, Bobdole, is there any update on your situation?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:04 AM

2004 Capri Blue C32
Originally Posted by FrankW
The part that's clear to me is that in the ASP kit we get a wp pulley , idler pulley and the modified crank pulley for $650-700, but I'm confused by what TC32AMG has mentioned that he only bought one pulley from ASP and the rest are EVOsport. What does that mean exactly? does it creates a different result in upping the hp, etc? Also, is the software really necessary? I've asked around and one shop gave me a quote of $1200 for the ECU mod by using powerchip. Is that good or bad? One last thing is that since we're changing the size of the pulley, will the belt be part of the kit or do we have to figure that out ourselves?

btw, Bobdole, is there any update on your situation?
I've been waiting for some updates on the people with ASP pulleys too. Anyone? Is no news, good news? I really want to get these pulleys if they're a good product.

I assumed that the automatic tensioner would adjust itself for the size changes, but maybe I was wrong..........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ASP Pulleys