C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

What Did You Do To Your W203 AMG Today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 04:10 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C55 AMG
What Did You Do To Your W203 AMG Today?

Went to town on the interior trying to get rid of odor from previous owner. I knew car reeked of cloves cigarette but it was a C55 with only 67k miles... Did two passes on the interior with dish soap which helped some. Removed blower motor and cleaned. Also cleaned inside the blend box as far as I could reach.
Old 08-12-2023, 06:48 PM

Received 151 Likes on 140 Posts
2005 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG..1967 Lotus Europa..1987 Lotus Turbo Esprit HCI..2020 Mercedes Benz E350
Sam.......

Try some of that new pet odor eliminator, Pooph, that is being advertised all over TV.

Let the forum know how it works...

Rob
Old 08-14-2023, 12:10 AM

C55 AMG
Interior cleaning continues. The headliner had soaked up a lot of tar and oil from smoking. Used a spray bottle with dish soap and water and soaked the headliner. Then used a towel to blot and scrub lightly. Luckily, it was a warm and dry day in So Cal so the headliner dried quickly. Results are good so far, smoke smell is almost gone.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:37 PM

C55 AMG
Finally saw another C55 on the road this evening. Did not get a good look at her because it was dark and the owner was not around.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:52 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
C43 AMG with a tune up
Who buys a car in 20203 that reeks cigarette smoke from previous owner?
That's the worst thing in a car whn it stinks from cigarettes.

I hope you get rid of the odor and have a neutral scent.

What's that thing Pooph eliminator?
Does it work?
Old 08-18-2023, 01:06 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by MattCordell
Who buys a car in 20203 that reeks cigarette smoke from previous owner?
That's the worst thing in a car whn it stinks from cigarettes.

I hope you get rid of the odor and have a neutral scent.

What's that thing Pooph eliminator?
Does it work?
I bought because of rarity, low miles, and excellent mechanical condition. Anyways, smell is about 80% gone. It does come back a little after sitting in the sun so another round of scrubbing is in order.

Old 08-18-2023, 06:35 PM

2005 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG..1967 Lotus Europa..1987 Lotus Turbo Esprit HCI..2020 Mercedes Benz E350
MattCordell.....

Here's the url for the Pooph tv commercial:

https://www.pooph.com/?mid=12066242&...oaAknEEALw_wcB

Rob

Trending Topics

Old 08-19-2023, 05:22 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
C43 AMG with a tune up
Originally Posted by Robjr
MattCordell.....

Here's the url for the Pooph tv commercial:

https://www.pooph.com/?mid=12066242&...oaAknEEALw_wcB

Rob
Thanks for the link.
I thought this product was a powder formula?
With spray bottle you need to cover entire cabin neutralising the stink?
In a car you don't know what areas are smelling therefore need to clean everything from top to bottom.

Pooph in powder form put in a plastic container which absorbs stinky smell would have performed much better, don't you think?

Many people say to use white vinegar in a bowl leave it on the floor inside the car for 24 hrs would help remove stink or spread bicarbonate on the stinky area and then vacuum, these stuff doesn't really help very much.
If you don't want to use an ozone machine to neutralize rancid smell inside a car risking rubber, plastics and leather to detoriate, what else is there to use?
You don't want to mask rancid smell with other chemical solutions, it could give you headache or make you feel queasy.
Detail shops knows what to do but they are often very steep, where I live it costs a few hundred bucks only to do a full interior clean.
Old 08-19-2023, 06:25 PM

MattCordel....

I only threw the Pooph info as a suggestion. I've never used it nor do I recommend it. A simple suggestion that may help solve your stinky problem.

Good luck......

Rob
The following users liked this post:
Carbon Dated (08-20-2023)
Old 09-10-2023, 01:11 PM

C55 AMG
Drove C55 to the next city over to see a 2023 Lexus IS 500 F Sport at a Lexus dealer. This model is the closest new car design to me C55 so this was reason enough to do some highway miles. Salesman saw me drive up which was good enough for him to get the keys. To my surprise, he let me test drive the IS. It is more similar to the C55 than it is different. IS steering is lighter. IS motor has better top end as would be expected with over 100 hp more. C55 has more torque low down and weighs 200 pounds less so is more lively off the line. 500 F could be one of the last ICE cars with big motor in a small chassis. Was it enough to swap out my C55? Not really. I still enjoy the Merc and don't need to go that much faster.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 C32 AMG, 2015 RAM 1500 4x4, 2012 Merc GL450
C32 SC clutch adjustment

Does anyone have any extra supercharger clutch shims for a C32, I put another pulley on and looks like I could use about a .020mm shim in mine
Old 10-12-2023, 05:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
I had a Range Rover Sport HSE that I spilt some chemicals inside and I used this product to get rid of the smell and it really worked: https://www.biocidesystems.com/colle...EALw_wcB&gad=1
I am not a representative of this company just read the lengths they had gone to to get rid on tobacco smoke and thought this would work way better.

Have-not done anything with either of my C32 AMG's today car pooled with the misses!

Cheers!
Socal Sam (10-12-2023)
Old 10-12-2023, 05:53 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by 808C32AllMyGas
I had a Range Rover Sport HSE that I spilt some chemicals inside and I used this product to get rid of the smell and it really worked: https://www.biocidesystems.com/colle...EALw_wcB&gad=1
I am not a representative of this company just read the lengths they had gone to to get rid on tobacco smoke and thought this would work way better.

Have-not done anything with either of my C32 AMG's today car pooled with the misses!

Cheers!
Thanks for the tip. I have scrubbed the carpet a couple of times with dish soap which has gotten rid of much of the odor but that is not good enough. I'm actually thinking about replacing the carpet with a junkyard pull like I just did in my new to me Toyota 4Runner. The other issue I have is a familiar W203 issue: HVAC box is likely fouled from poor drainage. When car sits, there is odor on first AC run so condenser and air box need a deep cleaning.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2003 C36 AMG, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 2023 Lectric XP 3.0, 2010 Cervelo
Sunroof track service

Cleaned and lubricated the sunroof tracks - the grease was old and filthy. Now I have to figure out how to get the inner cover out so I can recover it - the fabric is missing.
Old 10-13-2023, 11:16 AM

2003 C32 AMG
Sam the Biocide is a fogging system so it gets into almost every location within the vehicle, I got it on Amazon for around $26. The AC smell it will get rid of most of it but removing the fan and cleaning it would be a lot of work and the biggest issue is all the ducting that has the smell soaked into it and that where the Biocide really works well at removing the smells from. I purchased two and and used them both and it was the best purchase I've made in a while. I was able to sell the Range rover without the smell being an issue.

Socal Sam (10-14-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 03:53 PM

C55 AMG
Sam the Biocide is a fogging system so it gets into almost every location within the vehicle, I got it on Amazon for around $26. The AC smell it will get rid of most of it but removing the fan and cleaning it would be a lot of work and the biggest issue is all the ducting that has the smell soaked into it and that where the Biocide really works well at removing the smells from. I purchased two and and used them both and it was the best purchase I've made in a while. I was able to sell the Range rover without the smell being an issue.

I will give Biocide a try. Our blower fan is not hard to wrestle out. When I do the fogging, I will remove the fan so the fog has easier access. I'm wondering if fogging into the HVAC intake will help. Today, I went down to the junkyard and pulled complete carpet. It is not as nice as the current carpet but it does not smell. Center console and gas pedal assembly had to come out. Center console was not so straight forward. The front clips fought me. I went gorilla at the JY but obviously that is not going to work with C55.

On a side note, your C32's are a dream come true. A few months back, I saw one at the LKQ and shed a tear. It was complete with good body and paint. Wish I could have saved it.
Old 10-16-2023, 10:59 AM

2003 C32 AMG
Sam Id try the Biocide first without taking anything out, If you follow the instructions I think you will be happy with the results, especially if you do two fog's. You should notice a huge difference. My black C32 Onyx's I've had 12 yrs now and it has the most mods on it, VRP short headers, Needwings intake, 64mm clutch SC pulley, Killer chiller heat exchanger and a ECU tune. The Black Opal color vehicle has SL55 air intake with air filter lift rings and a 64mm clutch SC pulley. No tune as of yet and its my daily.
I bought it because my ex-wife had the title for the Black vehicle and would not hand it over, I found Opal as I call her online and had it shipped to California and then started to clean her up, replaced engine mounts, control arms, suspension and some paint. still needs the front seats bottom cushion replacing, I have replacements but since Feb 2022 I have not been able to do much of anything due to a work place accident in which I broke my back falling 6ft. I am able to walk thank God but working on my vehicles has been difficult.

Onyx's has a battery charging cable issue, I had the engine mounts replaced years ago and the shop routed the battery cable around the engine mount bracket, now that the vehicle has a lot more HP the engine mounts are starting to fail again which has resulted in the battery cable rubbing against the bracket and is shorting out the alternator. On top of that the lowering springs I had on the vehicle gave up the ghost and failed so I had a shop near me replace the shocks all round and install H&R lowering springs, They did a crap job and claim the had it aligned, the rear end of the vehicle camber is completely wrong and trashed the inside of my rear tires, the entire rear control arms sway bar need replacing. got a replacement kit from FCP and also fount the steering rack also needs replacing. The shop I had the work done in spent three weeks trying to figure out why the front end made a clunk every time I did a sharp turn. Now I will have to have another independent MB shop work on it and there is a few here in Fresno but like you know shops are not cheap even with me supplying all the parts. SO for now she is collecting dust in the garage. I have a friend who has a tire and alignment shop near Bakersfield that said he would do all my suspension and alignment so its a matter of getting it on a trailer and taking it down to him to work on, will have him also do the battery main cable I think, it would save me $$$ but running the vehicle with it in its present condition may result in it going up in flames. For now it can wait till I have the spare money to put into it.

Socal Sam (10-16-2023)
Old 10-16-2023, 11:47 AM

C55 AMG
Sam Id try the Biocide first without taking anything out, If you follow the instructions I think you will be happy with the results, especially if you do two fog's. You should notice a huge difference. My black C32 Onyx's I've had 12 yrs now and it has the most mods on it, VRP short headers, Needwings intake, 64mm clutch SC pulley, Killer chiller heat exchanger and a ECU tune. The Black Opal color vehicle has SL55 air intake with air filter lift rings and a 64mm clutch SC pulley. No tune as of yet and its my daily.
I bought it because my ex-wife had the title for the Black vehicle and would not hand it over, I found Opal as I call her online and had it shipped to California and then started to clean her up, replaced engine mounts, control arms, suspension and some paint. still needs the front seats bottom cushion replacing, I have replacements but since Feb 2022 I have not been able to do much of anything due to a work place accident in which I broke my back falling 6ft. I am able to walk thank God but working on my vehicles has been difficult.

Onyx's has a battery charging cable issue, I had the engine mounts replaced years ago and the shop routed the battery cable around the engine mount bracket, now that the vehicle has a lot more HP the engine mounts are starting to fail again which has resulted in the battery cable rubbing against the bracket and is shorting out the alternator. On top of that the lowering springs I had on the vehicle gave up the ghost and failed so I had a shop near me replace the shocks all round and install H&R lowering springs, They did a crap job and claim the had it aligned, the rear end of the vehicle camber is completely wrong and trashed the inside of my rear tires, the entire rear control arms sway bar need replacing. got a replacement kit from FCP and also fount the steering rack also needs replacing. The shop I had the work done in spent three weeks trying to figure out why the front end made a clunk every time I did a sharp turn. Now I will have to have another independent MB shop work on it and there is a few here in Fresno but like you know shops are not cheap even with me supplying all the parts. SO for now she is collecting dust in the garage. I have a friend who has a tire and alignment shop near Bakersfield that said he would do all my suspension and alignment so its a matter of getting it on a trailer and taking it down to him to work on, will have him also do the battery main cable I think, it would save me $$$ but running the vehicle with it in its present condition may result in it going up in flames. For now it can wait till I have the spare money to put into it.
Glad you are back on your feet. C32 mods are next level stuff, you have my bone stock 5.4 beaten for sure. Regarding engine mounts, high power will chew them up fairly quickly. When it is time for my C55, I'm thinking about these:

Old 10-16-2023, 11:54 AM

C55 AMG
Biocide is a option A. If it fails, option B is this. LKQ has complete carpets for $20. They did not smell in donor car but there was plenty of disgusting food and muck underneath the seat and center console. This is just after deep cleaning. I ran the hose on them until the water ran clear.

Old 11-04-2023, 01:02 PM

C55 AMG
New fronts are in. Old carpet foam was the source of stink. There is no way to clean the foam from the top.

Old 11-06-2023, 05:41 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
C55 AMG T with Kleemann K2 and some stuff: 414 hp and 576Nm :-)
I´ve polished my fins !!

From this

To this!

Using this.

download por url

Not too common to have cooling fins on the differential... Show them!

Last edited by amgen; 11-06-2023 at 05:44 PM.
Socal Sam (11-06-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 08:53 PM

C55 AMG
Cleaned AC evaporator and housing with Toyota foam cleaner and disinfectant kit. Early results are good. Completed re-installation of interior. Then turned my attention to a whirring sound coming from the front of the engine. Took the belt off and ran the motor briefly. Noise was a little reduced. Spun pulleys by hand and they seemed good but without load, this test is inconclusive. Whirring noise will need more investigation. Putting belt back on was a minor pain but this was my first time with this car. Replaced air filters with Hengst. Air filter housing got a thorough cleaning inside and out.
Old 11-15-2023, 03:27 AM

C55 AMG
Did this:

To pull alternator.

Old 11-15-2023, 12:56 PM

C55 AMG
Bad bearing in alternator confirmed.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:08 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
C55 AMG T with Kleemann K2 and some stuff: 414 hp and 576Nm :-)
Now when you´re at it, check the balancing wheel on top to the right in your picture and the waterpump-wheel.
I´ve changed both on mine. Sooner or later they will go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your W203 AMG Today?