Dynameter mode results...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and boats!
Dynameter mode results...

OK, so i finally suceeded in putting my car into Dynameter Test Mode but I noticed the car acting strange after and during Dynameter mode.

After I did about 2 1/4 mile test runs in the empty back street I lined up to try to do a burnout (since ESP doesnt allow me to do one), and when I tried to step on the gas, i wasnt going nowhere... it felt like my transmission was blown!! I didnt hear no strange noises, so I put hte car into Neutral, put it back into drive and teh car felt like it stuck in 4th gear moving very slowly. I pull over, shut the key off, turned on teh car again and everything seemed normal. So I did my burnout and started driving again when I noticed MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT just turned on. I turned the car off, turned it back on, kept driving with the check engine light on and back into normal driving mode. I hope teh car didnt go into a rich lint mode, I dont really notice any difference with the check engine light on. Hopefully it was something stupid....Very weird... im having the codes scanned tomorrow at work!!!

Dynameter mode is fun, but I need to figure out what caused my transmission to act strange and what caused the Check Engine Light to come on.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Why don't you just turn off ESP from the button if you want to do a burn-out? The car will vaporize the tires iwith esp off.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:16 AM

The C55 won't. It will let them spin momentarily before it engage again. How do you fully defeat the ESP? Or put it in dyno mode?
Old 11-05-2004, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by 05C55
The C55 won't. It will let them spin momentarily before it engage again. How do you fully defeat the ESP? Or put it in dyno mode?
yea, the ESP is more intermitant on the 04 C32 as well!!! The 03 and 02 C32s have a less interfering ESP system. When I click the ESP off button, the tires spin momentarily and then traction control takes over, car grips and it goes... even in the rain and in the burnout box!! It was quite embarrassing at the track not being able to do a real burnout at the box...but I managed to get the tires spinning more when i just punched it and let off the brake. Dyno mode lest you lightup those tires like crazy though...it was fun until the tranny started acting up.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:11 AM

Nothing
The C55 won't. It will let them spin momentarily before it engage again
My 2003 C32 does it as well. Very frustrating.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
got teh code scanned and reset... it was a transmission code!!! Probably b/c I was trying to downshift after I ran... i dont think you are supposed to downshift when your in dyno mode!!