C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Ahh, Peterson's...i know that magazine well. Dude, this just proves your ignorance. Peterson's tests NEW SUVs or SUVs that have made significant changes in the past year. The G-wagen has been the same thing since 1979...they have always come with front and rear lockers and solid axles. There hasn't been a change in it's design since the very beginning. Thus, you will NOT see Land Cruiser (TLC100)/Lx470 either, nor Land Rover Discovery. I don't think the Range Rover was tested either. It was never tested because they couldn't get one...is the same thing for G500 since it's even more limited in production??!! Anyway, you get my point.

Think of their test as the equivalent of Motor Trend's Car of the Year competition.

BTW, there's no Defender in the Peterson test either...and that is considered one of the best in the world.

Anything else?? Poor researching skills, Improv...especially for a EE major! In addition, i meant HUMMER H1, not the mall-loving Hummer H2! Keep it up, it just proves your TOTAL lack of knowledge for SUVs and off-roading.

Originally Posted by Improviz
...and I'm not biting. This is the C55 forum, not the G500-offroad-comparison forum. But your question is valid: unless it can be demonstrated that the G500 is superior under tested conditions, it's just (yet another) empty Thai claim.

One thing is for sure: Peterson's 4 Wheel & Offroad Magazine didn't pick it as 4x4 of the year.

In fact, it was not even among the 16 vehicles they selected as meeting their test criterion to compete! If it were the best in the world, this seems like a rather glaring omission...and they *did* include the Hummer that Thai is criticizing...in fact, this magazine, which specializes in four wheel drive and offroad vehicles, has never tested it! Nor has Offroad magazine....

I'm sure it's a fine vehicle, but claiming it's the best offroad vehicle in the world requires proof.

Last edited by Thai; 11-16-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
nice to see you guys know how to read magazines.... now go out and experience the cars IN THE REAL WORLD!!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 05:30 PM

C32
This thread has been the most entertaining one yet, by far!

Has anyone located trolls on Porsche forums? Please link us for more entertainment
Old 11-16-2004, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by M&M
Note the stickers on the car look the same.

Must be quite a few M3's around with that exact same combination of windshield stickers. Guess what? Want another pic of that windscreen with an MBworld printout inside? Just say the word.

Winshield sticker is your prooooooof?????
YOu areeven more stupid than I thought.
step into your garage with "many cars" and take a picture.

You cant, can you? there is only tricycle in there.
What a fkn clown.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:52 PM

2005 White C55
why doesn't M&M take a pictuer of himself, in front of his car, maybe with a piece of paper written M&M.... or his more than one car. I fail to see the difficulty of this, if he can already take pictures of other things.. OR maybe even just a picture with a piece of paper that says M&M's CAR U LOSERS.... it's just so simple... and why does he have to wait til the next day??? To call up his buddy to go, HALP HALP i need picture
Old 11-16-2004, 06:05 PM

2005 White C55
Just to show you, this is what you can do in only a FEW minutes! until u do this.. we don't really have any reason to believe anything u say Mr. M&M
Attached Thumbnails C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...-img_0230.jpg   C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...-img_0231.jpg   C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...-img_0232.jpg   C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...-img_0233.jpg  
Old 11-16-2004, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Psychoburn
why doesn't M&M take a pictuer of himself, in front of his car, maybe with a piece of paper written M&M.... or his more than one car. I fail to see the difficulty of this, if he can already take pictures of other things.. OR maybe even just a picture with a piece of paper that says M&M's CAR U LOSERS.... it's just so simple... and why does he have to wait til the next day??? To call up his buddy to go, HALP HALP i need picture
YOu are obviously right as combination of access to internet and sick mind opens new possibilities for every clown out there. M and m just uses his chance very poorly (but very appropriate for his age), thats all to it.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M&M
But let's say you right. The cars weren't stock & were running semi's or whatever. What's the big deal? It's worth maybe 0.1-0.2 on the 1/4. Maybe tha track is very fast. I believe stock E55's run 12.4 or less there. Do you hear me being immature & saying those cars aren't stock? If an E55 can cut a 1.8-1.9 60ft there on street tyres, why can't an M3? Grow up man.

And tomorrow you are going to look very stupid when I prove that car is mine. I can't wait to hear what excuse you come up with.
what so suprising about E55 doing 12.4? They do have a few more horses then ur Ferrari-beating M3. Geez dude, do u know anything about cars beyond ur M3?

SPEAKING OF EXCUSES, why are they links DEAD M&M, you hv come up with more excuses then Bush in all ur posts here.

Oh excuse, tell us one thing, WHY ARE U REGISTERED UNDER DIFFERENT USER NAMES IN DIFFERENT FORUMS?

I would pay to hear from ur excuse this time
Old 11-16-2004, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Psychoburn
Just to show you, this is what you can do in only a FEW minutes! until u do this.. we don't really have any reason to believe anything u say Mr. M&M
LMAO, thats pure class bro
Old 11-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
nice to see you guys know how to read magazines.... now go out and experience the cars IN THE REAL WORLD!!!!
As much as I agree, I'm not one to go out and thrash my car just to get a few points so I can then scale my car agianst others, repeatedly

Also, there's a lot of stuff that goes on in magazines that you'd have to be insane to do to your own baby (car ).
Old 11-16-2004, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Look at M&M's nonsense....again you can see how he operates.

In my response here, I basically blow every argument out of the water that he's making, and note, in passing, the following:

As to the E55's 60' times on stock tires: I don't know if they're running 1.8 on stock rubber. Where are you getting this info? Anyway, the E55 is up 180 horsepower on the M3, and has double its torque, which would kinda, sorta help its 60' time.
Now, does this sound to anyone that I was stating it was impossible for an E55 to hit a 1.8 60' time? No. I said that I didn't know, because I didn't know. I also said that the E55's 180 horsepower advantage and 2x torque rating would help its 60' time, hardly an argument against the E55's capabilities.

So, what does M&M do? Same thing he always does when proven wrong: ignore the points where he's been proven absolutely, totally wrong, and try to change the argument.

The problem is, though, M&M, that I didn't say what you're implying I said, and so I'm not going to argue with you over a statement which I did not make. I said I didn't know whether stock E55's were hitting 1.8 60' times. I did NOT say it was outside the realm of possibility, because I knew fully well that the cars have been tested by several magazines at a 12.5/115 1/4 mile, which is far far faster than the M3 has been tested in any magazine. Here, in Road & Track (pdf), it was tested at 12.4 @116.4, while here, in Car & Driver, it was tested at 12.5@ 116 (NOT a 12.7, as you wrongly claimed here; how many lies does this make now, M&M?).

So, given that its 1/4 mile time is about one full second faster than any US magazine has tested the M3, and given that its 0-60 times of 4.2 seconds (Road & Track) and 4.3 seconds (Car & Driver) are over one half second faster than these same got when they tested the M3, it is emminently logical that it would have a significantly faster 60' time than the M3, just as it is emminently logical that a Viper, Corvette Z06, Ford GT, Lambo, et al would also likely have significantly faster 60' times than the M3. I mean, really, dude...duh.

And frankly, the 60' time of a car with 180 more horsepower than the M3 and double its torque is not relevant here. We are discussing the M3. If you wish to discuss the E55's 60' time, start a new thread.

Now then, would you care to get back on topic discuss the three lies I busted you in here?

Last edited by Improviz; 11-17-2004 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
The many faces of M&M

Click, read, and learn:
Old 11-17-2004, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Thai, since you insist, I'll give you one more post (this one's too good to pass up):

The wussy who was too chicken**** to show up and put his money where his mouth was writes, in a typical off-topic childish rant:

Originally Posted by Thai
Improv, you still have not answered my challenged from earlier...WHAT STOCK SUVS ARE BETTER THAN G-WAGEN IN OFF-ROADING????
I believe I'll let you answer that one, moron:
Here is the PM i sent to Vraa, who asked me about the Rubicon:

My brother has a Rubicon...we just went off-roading in Colorado mountains. I am very impress with it's capability. It can surely go to a few more places than my G-wagen because it has all the essential tools (off-roading tires, LOCKERS, solid axles, and body-on-frame), small to fit into any place, and lightweight.

Helpful debate hint for the impossibly stupid: don't make posts which undercut your argument.

Btw, Thai: back to the actual topic of this thread, before you got annoyed at me for pointing out what a wuss you were for not having the ***** to show up and race me when challenged (just like your butt buddy M&M) and changed the subject to off roading: I found the homepage for both you and M&M:

CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE OF M&M AND THAI:

Last edited by Improviz; 11-17-2004 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:00 AM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Improv, i am glad that you're spending all this time making these wonderful links. It is clear that you have no clue about off-roading...you're just going in circles, just like all your responses.

Truly pathetic...you don't know a single damn thing about off-roading, YET you still open your dumba$$ mouth and talk BS with me. And when you can't back it up, you go and insult me. Real manly there!

Here's your statement:
I'm sure that there are multiple SUVs available which will equal or better the off-road performance of the G500, without that fancy MB star on the hood
You still haven't answered that. If you notice from my answer, i don't consider any of the SUVs i mentioned better in terms of total off-roading capability. The G-wagen still ranks top 2. It's a military vehicle, which means that it's running gears AND door paneling are heavier duty/thicker than regular SUVs. And like the Hummer H1 (not H2), the G-wagen is built to last at least 13 years under ANY conditions...it's a military requirement.

I love it...you brought up Peterson's 4x4...your foot in your mouth yet????? Dumba$$! I love it that you made a pathetic attempt at researching yet came up with nothing...all the while showing your TOTAL LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. Yet, you're still firing away insults to cover up your stupidity. You give double E majors a bad name!

Hint back at ya: I would advice you to shut the *** up about SUV and off-roading. You don't know anything about it...just stop embarrassing yourself.

I own a BMW, a Lexus, *and* a Benz, and live in a 4,000 square-foot, full custom home in one of the best areas in the city.
Hint #2, just in case you missed it: Hey, you're not boasting anymore about your EE degree and 4000 sq ft "mansion"??!! Yet another dumba$$ who thinks he is better than everyone else. Man, that's the funniest internet crap i have ever read! This is a MERCEDES forum...not a Kia forum...most people here are in the upper half of the income bracket and likely educated beyond undergraduate studies. Needless to say, your boasting has become an internet joke! Hehehe, i have made links on other forums to this site...thanks for the laugh!!

You give double E majors a bad name.

And here's a US Special Op and the G-wagen over in Afgan: (All G-wagens are handmade on the same assembly line with same materials/gears, whether it be for military or civilian use)
Attached Thumbnails C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...-august04.jpg  

Last edited by Thai; 11-17-2004 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:31 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Can someone make Thai SHUT-UP! It's either that or give me some prozac!!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Thai, you don't need me to answer your question...

...given that you already answered your own question:

Looooser!! Looooser!!

As to your continually trying to egg me on about posting about my toys: the reason I said that was in response to your asking if I'd like you to post photos if your G500. My response was meant to indicate that even if you do, so what? Should I be impressed? If so, why? Clearly, I have more in this life than most people could want or ask for, and clearly, if I wanted a G500, I could have one (have you compared the list price for a G500 with the list price for a CLK55?) Clearly, I don't want one. So, your photo means nothing to me, nor does your G500, which I won't waste time discussing with you anymore; I just couldn't resist showing what an idiot you were in posting a message which cut the legs off of your own argument. The fact remains that you clearly love the M3 (given the amount of time you spend here trolling about it), and I find it hard to believe that if you're oh so rich you would have given that little gem up to get your G500.

And consider this: there are 4,000 square foot homes, and there are 4,000 square foot, custom-built homes in pricier areas. I can promise you this: if I loved the M3 and the G500 as much as you do, I would not have had to give up one to get the other. So spare me the silly insinuation that you can afford more car than I...I'd say the facts indicate otherwise, and in any event my main point was that I find your having a G500 to be utterly unimpressive and uninteresting.

As to off-roading: here's a hint: before becoming a fast car fanatic, I was an off road fanatic. I had a 1999 Toyota SR5 4WD, which lasted me all through school, many mud-running episodes (loved those noisy mud tires out on the highway), and many instances of getting stuck, lost, or both. So, I know all about lockers (wanted them, but in those days didn't have the $), winches (had the Sam's club trailer hitch winch...all I could afford in those days, but got the job done with pulleys), actually having to get out and lock/unlock the hubs, etc. I am also familiar with how factors such as approach/departure angles, ground clearance, suspension travel, advantages of live axle over independent suspension, tires, tires, and tires and the like ultimately affect a vehicle's offroad capabilities. And I know for a fact that the G500's approach/departure angles of 36 and 27 degrees respectively are NOT the best in the industry, and loses in comparison to the H2's 40.8/39.6 respectively, NOR is its ground clearance of 8.3 in. the best in the industry (again the Hummer scores better, with 9.7"). The Benz does not have published vertical scaling ability info, but given its smaller approach angle, I doubt it bests the Hummer's 16.0 inches.

However, there are areas where it is superior to the Hummer. Its side slope capacity of 54% beats the Hummer's 40%, and its grade capacity of 80% bests the Hummer's 60%. The deep water fording capability of both is pretty a wash (pun intended), with a slight win for the Hummer, at 19 in. for the Benz, 20 in. for the Hummer. And of course, the Hummer does not have a front locking diff, although like the Benz it does offer locking transfer case and locking rear.

The Rubicon also offers front/rear/center locking, and its approach/departure angles are also significantly better than the Benz, at 44.0 in/33.9 in., as its ground clearance, at 10.3 in, the best of the three. It also weighs in about 800 pounds lighter than the G500, which along with its higher ground clearance would help to keep it from getting bogged down in the muck...and I agree with your opinion that the Rubicon would obviously be the superior player in most offroad circumstances, and as you noted, would fit in more nooks and crevices due to its smaller dimensions.

Still wanna tell me I know nothing about off-roading? Idiot? You make far too many presumptions for your own good...

But frankly, that's about as much time as I intend to waste on your little diversions, and so pay attention: henceforth I WON'T be wasting any more time on them. What does matter to me is the topic of this thread.

And the topic is C55 vs. M3. You, as is your custom, sprang to the defense M3-that-you-loved-with-all-your-heart-but-gave-up-anyway-even-though-I-am-but-a-humble-pauper-by-comparison-yet-can-still-afford-to-have-both, until I pointed out, accurately, that:

When you said you had your M3 (and were also trolling here), I challenged you to run either me, or a guy who lived in Houston, and you pussed out!!! So, your claims of M3 superiority are rather pale, given that you missed out on a golden opportunity not only to prove your claim, but to make money doing it. Which is what I would expect from a magazine-racing, Internet keyboard-racing CHICKEN!!!

Oh, and again: from now on, your relentless efforts to divert attention away from this fact will be ignored. This is the C55 forum, not the G500/Thai offroading/class warfare forum. No more !!!

Last edited by Improviz; 11-17-2004 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:16 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Ahh, i am glad that you can read the brochures! What you just blabbered out i can read on a G-wagen brochure or website. Blah, blah.

I bought the '03 M3 out of a whim...the testdrive was incredible, but i got bored with it after 4-6 months. I had an '02 4runner before that which i did take it off-road. I missed the off-roading and all-weather capability. Thus, i went for the G-wagen.

Improv, don't try to change the issue...you did NOT think that i had a G-wagen...thus, i had to post my link. Then you went on a funny tirade about what you own...which, frankly, is not that impressive.

Since you won't take this thru PM, i will have to discuss it here. So, let me ask you this...what is considered the equivalent of a winch in off-roading??????? Since you knowledge of off-roading is superior, can you answer that question? Thanks.

Hummer H2. Well, let's see, it's a Tahoe with big wheels. If you want further proof, then do a google search where the H2's tie rod broke while off-roading. You clearly bought into the advertisement...and further proof of your lack of knowledge. It's about 1000 lbs heavier than the G-wagen and extremely wide (like H1). Granted, it comes with big nice all-terrain tires...but that's about it. Go ask ANY OFF-ROADER WHAT HE/SHE THINKS OF THE H2. Ask and then come back and talk to me.

You talk about wheel travel...do you know what the G-wagen's solid axles can do?? Does the H2 have a solid axle in the front?? No.

Ahh, ground clearance...well, what is ground clearance in a vehicle with independent suspension??? Hint: a solid axle's ground clearance is static over any terrain.

Big tires...that's all H2 is. Tahoe with big tires. Think again, dumba$$!

Here's a question for ya: MB's published gradient capability is based on what?? Hint: Military gradient capability is DIFFERENT from what you read in brochures. I will await your answer on this one.

Fording depth...well, that's a tough one. My brother's LX470 is rated at 27"...which sounds great, right?? Well, not exactly. The rear axle has no breather tube to vent the differential. So, yes, it can go thru 27" of water fast, but you risk damaging the differential with repeated fording because Toyota uses a breather CAP instead of a tube. Why is this important?? Well, this proves that you canNOT believe what you read. The G-wagen's front axle, rear axle, and transmission/TC have breather tubes that run to the highest point under the hood...for TRUE fording depth. Hummer H1 has the same. In fact, i have not seen any other SUVs that have this type of fording depth protection (besides Hummer H1). My other brother's Jeep Rubicon is not nearly as protected! BTW, the Rubicon's breakover angle (important!) is inferior to G-wagen. Surprising that you miss that.

So, as you can see, reading a brochure does not mean that you know jack! Of course, if you don't believe me, then feel free to check it out yourself.

Rear locking diff?? Question: is the Hummer H2's rear locking diff gear-based or clutch-based????????? I know the answer, but i want to get your expert opinion. And which is better, gear-based or clutch-based?? Thanks.

In conclusion, i am right...you don't know a fukking thing about off-roading. As you show above, you did NOT even know Peterson's 4x4 of the year criteria...YET you still post it...dumba$$!

Try again.

Last edited by Thai; 11-17-2004 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Thai, I believe you missed the following portion of my last post:

When you said you had your M3 (and were also trolling here), I challenged you to run either me, or a guy who lived in Houston, and you pussed out!!! So, your claims of M3 superiority are rather pale, given that you missed out on a golden opportunity not only to prove your claim, but to make money doing it. Which is what I would expect from a magazine-racing, Internet keyboard-racing CHICKEN!!!

Oh, and again: from now on, your relentless efforts to divert attention away from this fact will be ignored. This is the C55 forum, not the G500/Thai offroading/class warfare forum. No more !!!

And I meant it.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:26 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Clearly, I have more in this life than most people could want or ask for, and clearly, if I wanted a G500, I could have one....

And consider this: there are 4,000 square foot homes, and there are 4,000 square foot, custom-built homes in pricier areas. I can promise you this: if I loved the M3 and the G500 as much as you do, I would not have had to give up one to get the other. So spare me the silly insinuation that you can afford more car than I...I'd say the facts indicate otherwise, and in any event my main point was that I find your having a G500 to be utterly unimpressive and uninteresting.
Haha, i just love it how you try to get your foot out of your mouth. When did i say anything above??!!

Well, there's a 4000 sq ft custom home and then there's a 7200 sq ft custom home. Hmm...just wanted to point that out. I don't own a home at all...i just live under a 7000 sq ft bridge.

How do you know that you can afford more things than me?? When did i tell you about my salary or my profession?? How do you know that i can't afford your crap?? What, you think that Texas is a poor state or something?! For damn sure, i am not gonna go around the internet and boast about what i have...it's IMMATURE and a sure bet to make you the laughing stock of the internet!! Congrats, you have achieve your goal.

Improv, you are just proving your lack of common sense. How stupid is that?!! Really, WTF were you thinking??!! Oh wait, you weren't thinking at all! If you think instead of posting those lame old links, then you may be able to make a point.

Last edited by Thai; 11-17-2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:27 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black

And I meant it.
I am sure that people can read the previous posts by me (we're over 20 pages long in this thread). Are you assuming that people on this forum are as dumb as you??!!

I am more than happy to go thru PM...but you have not responded. Those are tough questions i posted above, but you can surely answer them since you've been an off-roader since highschool!

I will PM you the above post...just so that everyone here can see that i try.

Last edited by Thai; 11-17-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Thai, I believe you also missed the *following* portion of my last post:

This time, I boldfaced it to make it easier for you to read, since you seem to have "reading issues":

On-topic:

Old 11-17-2004, 04:36 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
Yup, just PM'ed ya. Awaiting answers. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:38 PM

2004 Mercedes G500 Black
This time, I boldfaced it to make it easier for you to read, since you seem to have "reading issues":

On-topic:

Please refer to my above post (#245)...answering this very question.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Thai, off-topic PMs will be ignored as well. Or on-topic, for that matter.

Any communicating you have to do with me can be done here, provided of course it is on-topic.

Yup, just PM'ed ya. Awaiting answers. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Thai, post #245 contains nothing about M3's, save for my quotes.

Please refer to my above post (#245)...answering this very question.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...