C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG (Capri Blue)
Originally Posted by caliboy
But you have to acknowledge the RS4 as one bad motha SINCE IT IS IN THE SAME PRICE 50-60k price range. 62k to be exact!
"It’s fair to say the engineers responsible for the new $78,000, 418-hp Audi RS4 have put their reputations on the line." - Autoweek

Link to article on Autoweek.com

Hmm? Who do I believe, Autoweek or caliboy(That's Mr. 1.8 liter to you)?

By the way, some of us already got discounts because we were able to buy the C55 with almost no miles and a full warranty used at wholesale price because we have actual connections in the industry. But, if you want to wait 2-3 years for your discount, that's fine with me.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Ehh hemm! Show me some #'s on the new RS4 since you have started the Mag runs Sparticus! PS I own an M3 and a C43/55 so why would you think I'm solely biased about MB.How does that even make sense. I'm just telling you that a Stck RS4 is nothing to be afraid of with the W203 AMG MB and the E46 M3.Show me were you got your news and facts is all I'm asking and I'll have nothing more to say about the matter if the #s are what you are saying.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:51 PM

2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Originally Posted by ultraseven
That's a whole lot of assumptions you are making, but if you are very serious about the twisties, etc., you shouldn't be driving a C230 to begin with.

As far as the RS4, I think it's awesome, and in fact it's what the S4 should have been to begin with. But 62K + options for an Audi? Where did you get this number? I think I am still going to stand in line for a Porsche Cayman S. It's not the same car, but I will really have to be convinced behind the wheel of the RS4 to even consider one.

Cheap power? You might want to get a used 05 'Stang and dump a supercharger in it.
CHECK ALL THE MAGS JUST DO A GOOGLE SEARCH. THE PRICES ARE RIGHT THERE. I JUST GAVE YOU GUYS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM ONE OF THE GOOGLE SEARCHES FOR RS4 V8 420BHP AND IT GAVE THE PRICE 62K. AGREED IT IS ABOUT 10K OVER WHAT IT SHOULD BE, BUT THEN AGAIN MORE HORSEPOWER, BETTER OVERALL PERFORMANCE THAN A 55K C55, WHY NOT? AUDI=VOLKSWAGON THAT'S MY ONLY PROBLEM, BUT REMEMBER AUDI IS NOT SOME POS HONDA AND IN FACT THE LITTLE SCRAPPY CURRENT S4 WAS PUT OVER THE C32 NOT C55 IN EVERY CAR MAGAZINE FROM MOTORTREND TO CAR AND DRIVER........ POINT IS THEY ARE A FORCE TO BE DEALT WITH AND ARE IN FACT GERMAN NOT JAPANESE..... WITH ALOT OF PRESTIGE.....NOT AS MUCH AS A BENZ, BUT HEY WHEN THEY BEAT A BENZ IN THE SAME PRICE RANGE AND CLASS IT MUST BE RECOGNIZED AND EVENTHOUGH I AM A DIEHARD MB FAN....... I AM VERY OBJECTIVE! UNLIKE SOME ENGINE SWAPPING C43 OWNERS ON THIS FORUM.....IT'S RIDICULOUS!

I ALSO ADMIT AS I DID FROM THE ONSET MY CURRENT BUDGET DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO AFFORD ANY CAR IN THE 50-60K RANGE.......BUT WHEN C55 STARTS TO GO FOR ABOUT 45-35K IN ABOUT 1-2YRS I WILL GLADLY JUMP IN. FOR NOW C230......... WILL HAVE TO DO AND I LOVE IT. I'D RATHER A NEW STYLE THAN THE W202 WHICH I ALREADY HAD AND COULD ALSO HAVE THAT COOL CRASKI'S OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS, C43 ANY DAY........ ALMOST BOUGHT IT, BUT IT IS OUTDATED........PREFER NEW STYLING OVER IT'S MEAGER 300HP RELATIVE TO COMPETITION OUT THERE. RATHER WAIT FOR A CPO C55AMG. OR CPO RS4..........LOL! AS A MATTER OF FACT IF YOU GUYS WANNA BE SUPERFICIAL AND COMPARE WHAT WE OWN OR WHERE WE STAND ECONOMICALLY........ I'LL BE DONE WITH ANESTHESIA RESIDENCY IN 3 YEARS............... TALK TO ME IN A BIT..... E55/M5 HERE I COME........ WHERE ARE YOU GUYS HEADED IN THE ECONOMIC SCALE LOL J/K
SO LETS JUST STICK TO TALKING ABOUT COMPARING CARS SHALL WE?

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:08 PM

DAMN IT i CAN'T FIND what mag/review site stated that the est price was going to be 62k crap! it was either a mag or a google search.......looking a t that link above from autoweek seems to me there it is not yet clear what the price is going to be if different sources give different prices.......

Forget Autoweek:
Look at this
http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=9642

so there conflicting reports....so who knows
Also look at Edmunds people arguing about it under consumer comments here...also read reviews on it!
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/a...denav..0.Audi*

I did also find this article look at bottom it's from article for australian mag they say audi is not giving clues about pricing just yet but they guess 15k over current s4 which is nowwhere near 78k fools. mor like 65k-70k range........ Not to shabby and is definetely a fine competitor for these cars with more performance! They even say it won't be too far off m3 pricing
so there I told you it will be in the price range love it!
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

I just gave you three credible sources two of which are extremely reliable: Car and driver and Edmunds love it!

However-----If it does reach 78k it's way too much and not even worth it when comparing it with c55 and m3 prices. Then again knowing mb the next C55 will probably be in the 60k-70k range anyway cause it will be a new mb product.... can't blame audi for a 62k-70k car. but if it is 78k too much money I agree, but performance is undeniable!

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My W202 C55 was just a project.....Sure I could have and could still get an E55k,E46 M3 or even an E39 M5.Believe me economics has nothing to do with it at all as I am the owner of a few German cars and one highly modded Japanese car that would eat your Rs4 for lunch in reverse. It cost plenty of dough to do all the car conversions that I have done. But I enjoy doing projects and tell me where else in the country other than Georgia, NYC and Cali will you find a w202 C55 my friend.Right now there are only 4 done that have been sited or reported in the country.It sometimes pays to be different so "DON'T HATE"!It was a fun and interesting project and actually raises the value of the car.You can't compare a AMG W202 to any regular MB W202 or 4cyl k W203.

Now where is this info that your spitting out all over the place?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
My W202 C55 was just a project.....Sure I could have and could still get an E55k,E46 M3 or even an E39 M5.Believe me economics has nothing to do with it at all as I am the owner of a few German cars and one highly modded Japanese car that would eat your Rs4 for lunch in reverse. It cost plenty of dough to do all the car conversions that I have done. But I enjoy doing projects and tell me where else in the country other than Georgia, NYC and Cali will you find a w202 C55 my friend.Right now there are only 4 done that have been sited or reported in the country.It sometimes pays to be different so "DON'T HATE"!It was a fun and interesting project and actually raises the value of the car.You can't compare a AMG W202 to any regular MB W202 or 4cyl k W203.

Now where is this info that your spitting out all over the place?

Look under consumer reviews and consumer arguments or the above response

This link to car and driver may not work but it is works in the previous response I gave you above^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.caranddriver.com/article...article_id=9642

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:36 PM

2000 CLK 430 Coupe
I never thought I'd do this. My magazines might not be the fastest, but hopefully they can at least stay in the race. :p

Here are some excerpts from the "Upfront" section of the July 2005 issue of Car and Driver:

"The driver of the silver Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG glances into his rearview mirror, notices us approaching in a blue Audi, and accelerates. He briefly speeds away until we both move into the passing lane and a quick down-shift into fifth gear brings the Audi back into view. Astonished by this development, and spurred on by pride of ownership, instinct, and ambition, the SL55 driver hits the accelerator hard--an everyday routine on the German autobahn. Much to his chagrin, he can't seem to shake the Audi."

"...yield a high-revving, ferocious V-8 with a power peak of 7800 rpm and an 8250-rpm redline."

"...this top-of-the-line A4 can accelerate to 62 mph in a claimed 4.8 seconds. That figure should be easily attained, considering the 340-hp S4 we tested hit 60 in 5.1 seconds."

"...brake better than a Lamborghini Gallardo,' according to Audi spokesperson Josef Schlossmacher. Audi should know--it owns Lamborghini."

"Stateside...when the approximately $55,000 RS4 goes on sale next spring."

Having owned an 8100 rpm car in the past (Integra GS-R) and having driven a 2004 S4 and coming away really impressed with the crispness of the controls and shifter and the balance and security of the chassis, I think the RS 4 is going to be incredible. It might not be a low rpm bruiser but it will be a hoot for many drivers. With 300 ft-lbs at 2250rpm on up, a really nice 6-speed from the factory, and--based on the S4 I drove--an intoxicating snarl from the engine and exhaust, it will not be a chore to keep it in the powerband.

Keep in mind, too, that for some people the lack of a 3-point star is actually a plus. I'm not taking sides, though, as I own and love a C43.

regards,

e harmon
Old 06-20-2005, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by e harmon
I never thought I'd do this. My magazines might not be the fastest, but hopefully they can at least stay in the race. :p

Here are some excerpts from the "Upfront" section of the July 2005 issue of Car and Driver:

"The driver of the silver Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG glances into his rearview mirror, notices us approaching in a blue Audi, and accelerates. He briefly speeds away until we both move into the passing lane and a quick down-shift into fifth gear brings the Audi back into view. Astonished by this development, and spurred on by pride of ownership, instinct, and ambition, the SL55 driver hits the accelerator hard--an everyday routine on the German autobahn. Much to his chagrin, he can't seem to shake the Audi."

"...yield a high-revving, ferocious V-8 with a power peak of 7800 rpm and an 8250-rpm redline."

"...this top-of-the-line A4 can accelerate to 62 mph in a claimed 4.8 seconds. That figure should be easily attained, considering the 340-hp S4 we tested hit 60 in 5.1 seconds."

"...brake better than a Lamborghini Gallardo,' according to Audi spokesperson Josef Schlossmacher. Audi should know--it owns Lamborghini."

"Stateside...when the approximately $55,000 RS4 goes on sale next spring."

Having owned an 8100 rpm car in the past (Integra GS-R) and having driven a 2004 S4 and coming away really impressed with the crispness of the controls and shifter and the balance and security of the chassis, I think the RS 4 is going to be incredible. It might not be a low rpm bruiser but it will be a hoot for many drivers. With 300 ft-lbs at 2250rpm on up, a really nice 6-speed from the factory, and--based on the S4 I drove--an intoxicating snarl from the engine and exhaust, it will not be a chore to keep it in the powerband.

Keep in mind, too, that for some people the lack of a 3-point star is actually a plus. I'm not taking sides, though, as I own and love a C43.

regards,

e harmon
You see cool carski I told you and here is one article that also agrees as I've already posted............ 3 above for you!!!!!!! Now tell me what you have to say!!!!!! Even e harmon has read it!

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:01 PM

C32
CHECK ALL THE MAGS JUST DO A GOOGLE SEARCH THE PRICES ARE RIGHT THERE I JUST GAVE YOU GUYS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM ONE OF THE GOOGLE SEARCHES FOR RS4 V8 420BHP AND IT GAVE THE PRICE 62K AGREED IT IS ABOUT 10K OVER WHAT IT SHOULD BE, BUT THEN AGAIN MORE HORSEPOWER, BETTER OVERALL PERFORMANCE THAN A 55K C55 WHY NOT? AUDI=VOLKSWAGON THAT'S MY ONLY PROBLEM, BUT REMEBER AUDI IS NOT SOME POS HONDA AND IN FACT THE LITTLE SCRAPPY CURRENT S4 WAS PUT OVER THE C32 NOT C55 IN EVERY CAR MAGAZINE FROM MOTORTREND TO CAR AND DRIVER........ POINT IS THEY ARE A FORCE TO BE DEALT WITH AND ARE IN FACT GERMAN NOT JAPANESE..... WITH ALOT OF PRESTIGE.....NOT AS MUCH AS A BENZ, BUT HEY WHEN THEY BEAT A BENZ IN THE SAME PRICE RANGE AND CLASS IT MUST BE RECOGNIZED AND EVENTHOUGH I AM A DIEHARD MB FAN....... I AM VERY OBJECTIVE! UNLIKE SOME ENGINE SWAPPING C43 OWNERS ON THIS FORUM.....IT'S RIDICULOUS!

I ALSO ADMIT AS I DID FROM THE ONSET MY CURRENT BUDGET DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO AFORD ANY CAR IN THE 50-60K RANGE.......BUT WHEN C55 STARTS TO GO FOR ABOUT 45-35K IN ABOUT 1-2YRS I WILL GLADLY JUMP IN. FOR NOW C230......... WILL HAVE TO DO AND I LOVE IT. RATHER A NEW STYLE THAN THE W202 WHICH I ALREADY HAD AND COULD ALSO HAVE THAT COOL CRASKI'S OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS CARS C43 ANY DAY........ ALMOST BOUGHT IT, BUT IT IS OUTDATED........PREFER NEW STYLING OVER IT'S MEAGER 300HP RELATIVE TO COMPETITION OUT THERE. RATHER WAIT FOR A CPO C55AMG. OR CPO RS4..........LOL! AS A MATTER OF FACT IF YOU GUYS WANNA BE SUPERFICIAL AND COMPARE WHAT WE OWN OR WHERE WE STAND ECONOMICALLY........ I'LL BE DONE WITH ANESTHESIA RESIDENCY IN 3 YEARS............... TALK TO ME IN A BIT..... E55/M5 HERE I COME........ WHERE ARE YOU GUYS HEADED IN THE ECONOMIC SCALE LOL J/K
SO LETS JUST STICK TO TALKING ABOUT COMPARING CARS SHALL WE?
Judging from the quality of your post, if you are going to be my anesthisiologist, I will make sure I have my will ready.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by ultraseven
Judging from the quality of your post, if you are going to be my anesthisiologist, I will make sure I have my will ready.
LOL why do you say that? Sorry to sound smug but these guys offended me by saying I drive a c230 and I can't comment on faster cars. So I had to give them a taste of their own medicine. I read twenty times more than probably alot of people here and on my spare time a good deal of that is on MB cars and upcoming competitors
BTW look at all my posts above I have backed up every claim I've made with resources.....as intelligent people do!!!!!! I'd say that's pretty good quality right there and Judging by the way you spell anesthesiologist I don't think you should be commenting on my personal qualities.........on the other hand I can comment on yours.....If we want to be picky and superficial on a car forum with spelling lol have a nice day! J/K lol

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You see cool carski I told you and here is one article that also agrees as I've already posted............ 3 above for you!!!!!!! Now tell me what you have to say!!!!!! Even e harmon has read it!
Harmon is telling me it's a great car which I don't deny but where is it faster than a C55 or BMW M3 0-60,0-100,0-125? That's what I wanna know.By the way,the governor in the AMG MB's and BMW's removed yield speeds over 170mph and 180+ for the SL55K. P.S.I should have mentioned to you that I destroyed a modded S4 with my W202 C55.Yes my car is chipped,exh and airfilters and is putting out a lil more than the listed whp#'s below.
What your RS4 really needs are the turbo's from the RS6!ONLY then can I say it will beat the aforementioned cars other than the SL55k.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-20-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:25 PM

Harmon is telling me it's a great car which I don't deny but where is it faster than a C55 or BMW m3 0-60,0-100,0-125? That's what I wanna know.By the way,the governor in the AMG MB's and BMW's removed yield speeds over 170mph and 180+ for the SL55K.
What your RS4 really needs are the turbo's from the RS6!ONLY then can I say it will beat the aforementioned cars other than the SL55k.
Dude....... forget about sl55......that just happened to be a coincidence that it was there when they tested the RS4........ Read all my links and all the reviews suggesting it will beat the 400 hp M3 definitely in a straight line, but maybe not in the twisties. The Australian magazine even compared how it would do with the c55 check it out.......go back to the links above. BTW I guess that now you agree that this car definitely belongs in this class pricing, power, and all............ If I were a betting man though I would rank them like this........1) BMW is going to keep it's title 2) RS4 tied or in second 3) C55 in comfy 3rd until w204 amg comes out or new C55........ Just wait till the car comes to the US and we'll see.

this talks about m3 and c55 compared to it! Under competitors

Great quote from Edmunds RS4 will wipe the asphalt with the M3

And just for kicks and the killhttp://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=9642

ENOUGH SAID!

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude....... forget about sl55......that just happened to be a coincidence that it was there when they tested the RS4........ Read all my links and all the reviews suggesting it will beat the 400 hp M3 definitely in a straight line, but maybe not in the twisties. The Australian magazine even compared how it would do with the c55 check it out.......go back to the links above. BTW I guess that now you agree that this car definitely belongs in this class pricing, power, and all............ If I were a betting man though I would rank them like this........1) BMW is going to keep it's title 2) RS4 tied or in second 3) C55 in comfy 3rd until w204 amg comes out or new C55........ Just wait till the car comes to the US and we'll see.

NO!I only agree that it's a great car but speed wise it's a PIG in comparrison.Now show me the #'s!!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:43 PM

NO!I only agree that it's a great car but speed wise it's a PIG in comparrison.Now show me the #'s!!
Dude you know the numbers read all these articles get the numbers which I am tired of posting already and compare those numbers with the c55 itself and the new upcoming m3's suggested numbers it's obvious and here's the proof........ Need test runs of the M3 when it comes out and then compare as for C55 numbers are right there 362hp vs 420hp 376tq vs 317tq 0-60 blah blah blah read the damn articles you bum lol J/K>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/...enav..0.A udi*

And just for kicks and the kill

ENOUGH SAID!

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude you know the numbers read all these articles get the numbers which I am tired of posting already and compare those numbers with the c55 itself and the new upcoming m3's suggested numbers it's obvious and here's the proof........ Need test runs of the M3 when it comes out and then compare as for C55 numbers are right there 362hp vs 420hp 376tq vs 317tq 0-60 blah blah blah read the damn articles you bum lol J/K>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/...enav..0.A udi*

And just for kicks and the kill

ENOUGH SAID[/]
You're Saying Nothing!!!!I have read 2 out of 3 of these articles and not one of them give any of the specific perfomance #'s I'm asking for!READ!!!
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO THIS GUY WHAT I "VE BEEN REPEATING OVER AND OVER ABOUT WHERE ARE THE ACCELERATION #'s?. There's nothing listed to speak of about acceleration #'s. only 0-60.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-20-2005 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:34 PM

You're Saying Nothing!!!!I have read 2 out of 3 of these articles and not one of them give any of the specific perfomance #'s I'm asking for!READ!!!
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO THIS GUY WHAT I "VE BEEN REPEATING OVER AND OVER ABOUT WHERE ARE THE ACCELERATION #'s?. There's nothing listed to speak of about acceleration #'s. only 0-60.

The engine develops an M3-withering 418 hp at 7800 rpm and cracks 100 hp per liter. It delivers 90 percent of its 317 lb-ft (at 5500 rpm) of torque peak between 2250 and 7600 rpm. The rev limiter is set at a barely believable 8250 rpm. And if you think the 4.5 seconds Audi claims for the 0-to-60-mph sprint is impressive, 0 to 124 mph in 16.6 seconds turns the M3 into a distant spectator.
R&T

If you need more numbers than that to get it through your head then you've got problems BUDDY....... you're probably going to have to wait to see it for yourself when the mags start doing comparos of the cars right in front of you. You are being very studdorn about acknowledging this car it's capabilities towrds the upcoming competition mainly the M3.

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The engine develops an M3-withering 418 hp at 7800 rpm and cracks 100 hp per liter. It delivers 90 percent of its 317 lb-ft (at 5500 rpm) of torque peak between 2250 and 7600 rpm. The rev limiter is set at a barely believable 8250 rpm. And if you think the 4.5 seconds Audi claims for the 0-to-60-mph sprint is impressive, 0 to 124 mph in 16.6 seconds turns the M3 into a distant spectator.

R&T

If you need more numbers than that to get it through your head then you've got problems BUDDY....... you're probably going to have to wait to see it for yourself when the mags start doing comparos of the cars right in front of you. You are being very studdorn about acknowledging this car it's capabilities towrds the upcoming competition mainly the M3.
AUDI CLAIMS!!That explains it!!!!! Yea whatever AUDI SAYS! We'll see what is said when R&T finally drives and tests the RS4 itself.Not what Audi Claims!!!! And chicken lil says the sky is falling! That's you.Wait for some actual tests and #'s done instead of what "AUDI CLAIMS"

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-20-2005 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:48 PM

AUDI CLAIMS!!That explains it!!!!! Yea whatever AUDI SAYS! We'll see what is said when R&T finally drives and tests the RS4 itself.Not what Audi Claims!!!!
Same as what BMW claims for it's New M3 you foo! lol If that's the case then you can't believe BMW either until you have cars side by side and then you'll see how the Passat's A$$ is not that bad looking lol Notice how I'm not even mentioning the C55 lol

Dude what do you do for a living cause you should be a lawyer.......denial, denial, denial to the end is what you are all about lol. You waited all this time to first argue that it wasn't in the same price range, then I and your boy E harmon shot you down by the possibility that the price looks like it actually has not been determined yet, but more than 1 source says it will be in M3 close range.
Then you argue that where are the sources for all my claims and I as well as others give them to you.
Then you want me to show you exactly where and what the acceleration numbers are and you see them and you are astonished.
So now you argue that everyone claims stuff so we have to wait to see if this car can actually be better or even compete in this category.........based on some American magazine of your choice lol You are just a stubborn man!

why didn't you just save us the time and aggravation of arguing till this point and acknowledge that this car will definitely be 1 or 2 in this race in the future competition scene but test have to be done by US mags...............I'll tell you why because you did not know many of the facts or numbers I just gave you and now you are astonished by them and in did belief that your sweet little new upcoming bimmer will more than likely get outdone by a Passat Well get over it............ I'm not going to forget this argument cause when the tests come out and comparos come out, ABOUT POWER AND which is FASTEST NOT PREFERENCE CAUSE THAT IS SUBJECTIVE AS YOU HAVE NOTICED WITH MOST MAGS WITH BMW BIAS AND ALWAYS SHUTTING DOWN MB AND AUDI FOR WHATEVER REASON, I will definitely post back here and remind you of your silly little Stubborness and BMW/MB bias.
THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN IS THAT AUDI COMES IN SECOND AS USUAL TO THE BIMMER BY PREFERENCE BUT BY QUICKNESS EITHER TIE OR LOOSE CLOSE BEHIND AND STILL COME OUT ON TOP OF THE C55 Which you also claimed the AUDI COULD NOT BEAT!

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Same as what BMW claims for it's New M3 you foo! lol If that's the case then you can't believe BMW either until you have cars side by side and then you'll see how the Passat's A$$ is not that bad looking lol Notice how I'm not even mentioning the C55 lol
Notice I'm not mentioning the V8 M3! But I have shown you actual test #'s as have been shown in many posts by Improviz,M&M,Reggid,only to name just a few.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:12 PM

Notice I'm not mentioning the V8 M3! But I have shown you actual test #'s as have been shown in many posts by Improviz,M&M,Reggid,only to name just a few.
Of what supped up current csl M3's or what........... I hope you are not suggesting that the RS4 will not demolish the current V6 M3 cause I'll just stop talking to you right now! let me know.......

Then you could bring the point that BMW has reg M3 csl lighter M3 which improves it's acceleration time due to weight.... vs Audi which does not have those lightweight options as well as MB, but I don't even need to go that far.
This car will blow away a current M3 csl or whatever love it!

Dude what do you do for a living cause you should be a lawyer.......denial, denial, denial to the end is what you are all about lol.
1You waited all this time to first argue that it wasn't in the same price range, then I and your boy E harmon shot you down by the possibility that the price looks like it actually has not been determined yet, but more than 1 source says it will be in M3 close range.
2Then you argue that where are the sources for all my claims and I as well as others give them to you.
3Then you want me to show you exactly where and what the acceleration numbers are and you see them and you are astonished.
So now you argue that everyone claims stuff so we have to wait to see if this car can actually be better or even compete in this category.........based on some American magazine of your choice lol You are just a stubborn man!

why didn't you just save us the time and aggravation of arguing till this point and acknowledge that this car will definitely be 1 or 2 in this race in the future competition scene but test have to be done by US mags...............I'll tell you why because you did not know many of the facts or numbers I just gave you and now you are astonished by them and in did belief that your sweet little new upcoming bimmer will more than likely get outdone by a Passat Well get over it............

I'm not going to forget this argument cause when the tests come out and comparos come out, ABOUT POWER AND which is FASTEST NOT PREFERENCE CAUSE THAT IS SUBJECTIVE AS YOU HAVE NOTICED WITH MOST MAGS WITH BMW BIAS AND ALWAYS SHUTTING DOWN MB AND AUDI FOR WHATEVER REASON, I will definitely post back here and remind you of your silly little Stubborness and BMW/MB bias.
THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN IS THAT AUDI COMES IN SECOND AS USUAL TO THE BIMMER BY PREFERENCE BUT BY QUICKNESS EITHER TIE OR LOOSE CLOSE BEHIND AND STILL COME OUT ON TOP OF THE C55 Which you also claimed the AUDI COULD NOT BEAT!

Last edited by caliboy; 06-20-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Not really. Here's one of the faster M's tested in the Euro mags:
http://www.einszweidrei.de/bmw/m3e462005-1.htm
0 - 80 km/h 3,5 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,8 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,6 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 8,6 s
0 - 160 km/h 11,0 s
0 - 180 km/h 13,9 s
0 - 200 km/h 17,6 s

One second from 0-200 km/h (124 mph) would not have one car as a "distant spectator" to another...that would actually be a pretty tight time-to-distance race, with perhaps one or two tenths separating the cars in the 1/4 mile.

Considering the M is four years old now, your factory numbers for the Audi show an rather razor-thin win over a four-year-old M3. When you consider that the 2001 M3 beat the 2001 Audi S4 from 0-130 by several full seconds, and that the current M3 beats the newer current S4 from 0-150 by two full seconds, the new one's incremental margin of victory hardly lives up to the company's motto "never follow"...the next-gen M3 will surely be significantly faster.

I'm not much of an M3 fan, but BMW does make a genuine effort to set performance standards, and as of late Mercedes is right there in their face...Audi, otoh, always seems to come in a day late and a dollar short with their S and RS cars...for example, the much-vaunted RS6, which came out at the same time as the much faster E55, yet cost about $10,000 more. Wow, what a ringing endorsement for "never follow"...

Last edited by Improviz; 06-21-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The new RS4 is no doubt a great car because IMO Audi had done a remarkable job is reworking the 4.2L V8 (used in current S4) to ~420bhp.

I personally can't wait for the next M3, RS4 and next C AMG comparo because all 3 cars should have 400bhp or over. I wouldn't say the the RS4 will walk them all because of it is still quite heavy and if you factor in AWD, top speed race should be very close between the 3.

Don't forget the 5.5L V8 AMG engine has plenty of room for further development. With VVT, direct injection, Variable geometry intake..etc etc, the block should easily make 400bhp plus
Old 06-21-2005, 02:13 AM
M&M

Damn Improviz! Are you feeling OK? Batting for M-power? I have to buy you a beer sometime

Caliboy, I have owned an Audi & was a member of our local Audi club as well. There's nothing wrong with them. But in our climate of ZERO snow, hardly ay rain & 100deg summers, quattro is just dead weight to lug around. Also I have that understeer when you turn in. I still don't get what market Audi aims for. BMW have got the sporty market. Merc are for the guys that want a more refined, elegant car with more status. Audi are like has beens that just snap up the guys that aren't sure what they want.

Over here the RS4 goes for almost the same money as an E60 M5. But here's the part you are gonna' hate me for. I reckon it will struggle to put the old E46 M3 in its place. Why?

Well Audi AG claim 0-125 in 16.6. Improviz has posted that M3's do 17's to 125. BUT, under ideal conditions they can do 16's:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/bmw/m32003-2.htm

Test in ams 1/2003
Gewicht 1570 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,5 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,8 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,5 s
0 - 140 km/h 8,5 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,9 s
0 - 180 km/h 13,7 s
0 - 200 km/h 16,8 s

And to prove it's not a once-off, here's a CSL doing 16's as well. In most tests I've seen the M3 & CSL run very close times in a straight line. In fact EVo & a few other mags have the stock M3 quicker to 100mph & the CSL 2 tenths quicker to 120. Problem with the CSL is SMG cannot launch as hard as the manual:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/bmw/m3cslst2003-1.htm

Supertest in sport auto 08/2003
Gewicht 1421 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,6 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,8 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,8 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 8,6 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,8 s
0 - 180 km/h 14,2 s
0 - 200 km/h 16,7 s

But it gets worse for you buddy. It's not a given that the RS4 will even match its claims to 124. They have a history of not doing so. I'm not talking about Audi USA, they are a bit better with their claims. But no S4 tested on planet earth has matched Audi's claims or 0-124. Audi claim 19.3, but I have several tests that have got it in the 20's & 21's. If I'm wrong they please post a link to a test where an S4 has matched Audi's claimed number to 124mph.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Of what supped up current csl M3's or what........... I hope you are not suggesting that the RS4 will not demolish the current V6 M3 cause I'll just stop talking to you right now! let me know.......
First of all my debate with you is over for the simple fact that you think the M3 has a V6!Right now any and everybody that knows about High performance cars is laughing at you!!!!! This also shows me big time that you have NO CLUE!!Just like all your other non conclusive moronic feeble posts in this thread.

So go home in your backyard and enjoy your C23o K boy toy my friend ,while we enjoy the E46 M3 V6. You can also make pretend that you're driving an RS4 or C55 while you're in it!Don't forget to flip the gears with the steering wheel paddles.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First of all stop trying to twist around what I'm saying. I never ever mentioned anything about the M3 CSL which I wouldnt be surprised is a new BMW to you! If you live in L.A. GET OUT! because the smog is affecting your brain. :p

LOL! Your a joke!

Jeez I'm so biased about MB's and I also own a BMW M3.Hmmmm Enjoy yourself clueless!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 06:27 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...