C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Limited Slip Differential for C32/C55 by AMG Manufaktur

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Why am i not surprised my post was ignored by Harris.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
Originally Posted by Harris
Well, you (or anyone) can try. But I can bet for anything that they wont sell it to you or ship it out of Germany.
I would never ask them to ship it out of germany. I would visit and get it locally.

-Mike
Old 11-23-2004, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Why am i not surprised my post was ignored by Harris.
You dont have to be surprised, I'll tell you why:

1. because post like this when there are a lot of replies, I WILL miss some of the earlier responses
2. because Harris has hundreds of e-mails to read, I do not have time to follow-up on every single threat that I made
3. because it is a pretty simple question, I over-estimated that you dont know the answer. But after I read through the entire post again, I think I know why.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
I'll be patient ... but could you answer my questions (several posts above this one)?

Rgds,
Norm
Old 11-23-2004, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by noka
- If AMG makes the LSD, what car(s) is it used in?
- Would the dealer do the install? (likely not I think).
- Any driveline warranty concerns?
- What about s/w (ESP, etc) then not being optimized?

Rgds,
Norm
- The AMG LSD is available for C32/C55, CLK55, E55, SL55. It is not available for S, CL, ML and SLK.
- the LSDs are built to AMGs specifications so that it works perfectly with the existing ECUs. The installation is straight forward and is identical to the replacement of an existing differential. There are no electronical modifications – only mechanical. I have to say it really depends on your relationship with the dealership whether they are willing to do the install for you. Otherwise, any reputable mechanic who knows how to change a differential will know how to do it.
- The differential warranty will be voided. However, unless they can prove that any malfunction on your car is a DIRECT result of the LSD installation, the dealership cannot void other parts of your warranty.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
... the LSDs are built to AMGs specifications so that it works perfectly with the existing ECUs. The installation is straight forward and is identical to the replacement of an existing differential. There are no electronical modifications – only mechanical.
- So there is no s/w change (i.e. Euro cars with LSD don't have any revised s/w program)?
- Is the housing replaced also or just the differential gear assemblies?

I never purchased a car from this dealer so we will see ...

Rgds,
Norm
Old 11-23-2004, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Harris. I will PM you to discuss the differences and our individual bias. Glad you took charge and made this happen.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
You dont have to be surprised, I'll tell you why:

1. because post like this when there are a lot of replies, I WILL miss some of the earlier responses
2. because Harris has hundreds of e-mails to read, I do not have time to follow-up on every single threat that I made
3. because it is a pretty simple question, I over-estimated that you dont know the answer. But after I read through the entire post again, I think I know why.

Well its completely irrelevant that you have hundreds of emails when all you did was answer all posts except mine. I also don't understand why you are so testy and talk about your self in 3rd person like your not here?

I asked a very simple question, why is it that you trying to defend your self like i attacked you but cannot answer a question about your product?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:36 PM

2003 Nissan 350Z
Yeah, AMG LSD has been out for a couple of years. But I guess you are missing the point.....it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to get the parts out of AMG Manufaktur. And those pricing are at least 2 years old.
Harris - The brochure is dated "vaild FROM Sept. 2003", so those prices are from last year.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

- So there is no s/w change (i.e. Euro cars with LSD don't have any revised s/w program)?
- Is the housing replaced also or just the differential gear assemblies?

I never purchased a car from this dealer so we will see ...

Rgds,
Norm
- No.
- As far as I know, just the differential assemblies.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Well its completely irrelevant that you have hundreds of emails when all you did was answer all posts except mine. I also don't understand why you are so testy and talk about your self in 3rd person like your not here?

I asked a very simple question, why is it that you trying to defend your self like i attacked you but cannot answer a question about your product?
Neal: I never want to get into any fight with anyone on the board. You run your business and I run mine. I would appreciate if you can stop challenging me on such a small matter. I am not employed by the board, therefore, I DO NOT have the OBLIGATION to answer every single question that people asked. Even if I intentionally left out your question to answer, is that a problem? If you cant get the answer that you wanted from me, you are more than welcome to send me an e-mail.

I am not being testy or whatsoever. I was answering your questions, does it matter whether I am using 1st person or 3rd person? I am sorry, I do not like to be told by anyone on what I can do or what I cant do.

As a employee/owner of a tuning company, I am completely shocked that you have to ask how much time is needed to change a differential. Not to mention that you dont even know there is a parts list from AMG Manufaktur.

There is a 4th reason why I didnt answer your question, you should know better than me what that is. I dont want to talk about it publicly, as a courtesy to you.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I do not have time to follow-up on every single threat that I made
Threat?
Old 11-24-2004, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by oggle
Threat?
Ooops. Sorry, threaD.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Neal: I never want to get into any fight with anyone on the board. You run your business and I run mine. I would appreciate if you can stop challenging me on such a small matter. I am not employed by the board, therefore, I DO NOT have the OBLIGATION to answer every single question that people asked. Even if I intentionally left out your question to answer, is that a problem? If you cant get the answer that you wanted from me, you are more than welcome to send me an e-mail.

I am not being testy or whatsoever. I was answering your questions, does it matter whether I am using 1st person or 3rd person? I am sorry, I do not like to be told by anyone on what I can do or what I cant do.

As a employee/owner of a tuning company, I am completely shocked that you have to ask how much time is needed to change a differential. Not to mention that you dont even know there is a parts list from AMG Manufaktur.

There is a 4th reason why I didnt answer your question, you should know better than me what that is. I dont want to talk about it publicly, as a courtesy to you.

Harris, I am completely shocked how when I ask one single question that you think its a fight? Its obvious that you don't have to answer mine or anyone's question but I don't see why there was a need for you not to answer it.

Also, I know how long it takes to install a LSD, we have sold many different LSD for many cars. I wanted to hear how long you would estimate it to be though. For this car specifically, also I think many other people thought it was a good question and want to know as well.

Also, for someone that does not like to talk publicly you sure as hell didn't care in my thread for HRE's. If only you would have PM'ed me with your humble opinion on how to do business maybe I would have PM'ed you in this case.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was referring the "fight" to your second post accusing me of not answering your questions, NOT your first post asking me how long it will take to install the LSD. Please get things right first.

Good for you (and your company) that you have sold MANY LSDs for MANY cars. I guess none of your customers are regular members here? Tell you a secret.....shhhh....dont tell anyone.....I have never sold a single LSD for any car. Maybe you should set up a tutorial and let me take a lesson from you. If people want to know about the install, they will send me an e-mail. But thank you for being so supportive anyway.

HRE? All I was trying to say is it is not a good sign for the industry. If you (or anyone) disagrees, fine. Life has to go on. But remember this: be very careful on what you talk/tell to your "customers", a lot of MY customers and SUPPLIERS have become very good friends of mine.

This will be the end of conversation from my end. If you wish to order an AMG LSD from me, I am more than happy to do business with you. If you dont, please stay away from any unnecessary comment. Thank you!

Last edited by Harris; 11-24-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I was referring the "fight" to your second post accusing me of not answering your questions, NOT your first post asking me how long it will take to install the LSD. Please get things right first.

Good for you (and your company) that you have sold MANY LSDs for MANY cars. I guess none of your customers are regular members here? Tell you a secret.....shhhh....dont tell anyone.....I have never sold a single LSD for any car. Maybe you should set up a tutorial and let me take a lesson from you. If people want to know about the install, they will send me an e-mail. But thank you for being so supportive anyway.

HRE? All I was trying to say is it is not a good sign for the industry. If you (or anyone) disagrees, fine. Life has to go on. But remember this: be very careful on what you talk/tell to your "customers", a lot of MY customers and SUPPLIERS have become very good friends of mine.

This will be the end of conversation from my end. If you wish to order an AMG LSD from me, I am more than happy to do business with you. If you dont, please stay away from any unnecessary comment. Thank you!
Sure! I'd more then happy to send anyone who is interested in a tutorial on all the Mini, Audi and VW, LSD's we sold if interested. Never sold an a MB LSD.

I'd also like to congratulate you on actually being able to make friends.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Harris,

Congrats on your being able to obtain Manufaktur parts!

BTW, any chance that LSD or the other goodies you've mentioned will be available for the W208?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
Yes there is an adjustment to the ESP program. That's one reason AMG does not sell the LSD, they will only install it.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
Yes there is an adjustment to the ESP program. That's one reason AMG does not sell the LSD, they will only install it.
Interesting conflict. I wonder how much technical info Harris really knows about it, ... buyer beware.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 11-24-2004, 12:57 PM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Interesting conflict. I wonder how much technical info Harris really knows about it, ... buyer beware.

Rgds,
Norm
Apparrently Harris knows more than others about it. There is no ESP adjustment. People thought there would be at first but later discovered and confirmed that there was no ESP adjustment.

Check out this thread:
http://www.amg-owners-club.org/board...?threadid=2663
Old 11-24-2004, 01:04 PM

Audi C7.5 S6
If the gear ratio is the same, there should be no need for a software adjustment. If the differential locks ups, then both wheels turn the same speed and there is no error for the software to correct.

Now if the software was designed for only a LSD,and one changed to a open differential, then I could see software issues.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:18 PM

Audi C7.5 S6
Question for Harris

So, for the LSD are you going to be selling the whole, sealed differential on an exchange basis or outright?

The differential should be an easy install, if the CV/U-joints are easy to disconnect. This swap should be similar to a Chevy Corvette IRS differential.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by m444
So, for the LSD are you going to be selling the whole, sealed differential on an exchange basis or outright?

The differential should be an easy install, if the CV/U-joints are easy to disconnect. This swap should be similar to a Chevy Corvette IRS differential.
Assuming you need to change the differential on your car, all you need to do is to take off the old one and put the AMG LSD on, as simple as that. Pure plug and play. Its a complete unit that you're getting. You DO NOT have to send in your existing differential for modification.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Chappy
BTW, any chance that LSD......will be available for the W208?

I answered my own question: No.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chappy
I answered my own question: No.
I am not ignoring your question.....I am waiting for a reply from Germany. In fact, I will be going there next week and ask your question in person for you. Dont give up yet! I will send you a reply via e-mail in a week or so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Limited Slip Differential for C32/C55 by AMG Manufaktur