C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Bi-Xenon Instalation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E60 M5 / C55 AMG
Bi-Xenon Instalation

I purchased a set of Bi-Xenon from Steve in MBenzNL in order to upgrade my standard halogen lamps. I was provided with fast and reliable service from Steve.
Today was my appointment to get the headlamps upgraded. I arrived at Foreign Motors West, Natick at 8am. I was told the car would be ready in 3-4 hours. I waited and waited, but it was not until I went to check on the status of the car (about 4 hours later) that I was told "Sorry but we cannot install the Bi-Xenon on your car". I was told by Corey that if the car doesn’t come standard with bi-xenon then some of the wiring are missing thus they are not willing to risk the installation in case something went wrong and I was left with no lights at all. I of coarse told them I did not want the auto leveling features or the wash jets, just the Bi-Xenon headlamps, which I provided, thanks to Steve. They still refused to install them .
Now I am not sure what I should do. Can these headlamps really be that complicated to install? What should I do about this? I still want to install the new lights. Has anyone upgraded from halogen to bi-xenon on their C55? Any help as to how to install them, would be very helpful.
To top it all off when I went to check the car I noticed the front right rim had a scratch, tiny but still noticeable not to mention annoying. After a few minutes of "conversation" with the service lady, I was given a free detail to make up for the loss of my entire morning and I was told that they will fix my rim, free of charge (even though they do not think they where the ones who scratched it. Classic dealership response) either way I am glad they at least tried to leave me content with their work, even if all they ended up doing is installing a flat hood emblem, scratching my rim, and washing my car.
Again if anyone has any reliable source of information that could describe how complicated or how easy it is to upgrade the headlamps, then I would be grateful if you could share it with us.

On the bright side, at least the flathood emblem looks very slick. Makes me wonder why it dosent come standard.
Attached Thumbnails Bi-Xenon Instalation-bi-xenon2.jpg   Bi-Xenon Instalation-scratched-rim.jpg   Bi-Xenon Instalation-flathoodemblem.jpg  

Last edited by Darba; 11-23-2004 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:16 PM

That is a nice HID headlights, off the car they look like a piece of art, well made.
You can get some white LED bulbs to match with your HID.
www.superbrightLEDs.com
Old 11-23-2004, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
What hood emblem do you have and where did you get it? I understand from my brief searching that there is MB and AMG, some plastic and some metal? Anyone have any advice or links to info about them? Never having owned a MB before (but should in about a week) I am concerned with people ripping the standard MB star off the car.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 11-23-2004, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Dealers won't install them, I have a guy in OC CA who does it...
Old 11-23-2004, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
oh you are in Boston.

Call a local MB or Euro mechanic/shop, these guys will do anything for money..
All they need to do is code you to Bi Xenon present after install.
Make sure to tell them on the phone that it's a C55..
Old 11-23-2004, 10:55 PM

2004 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Vader13
oh you are in Boston.

Call a local MB or Euro mechanic/shop, these guys will do anything for money..
All they need to do is code you to Bi Xenon present after install.
Make sure to tell them on the phone that it's a C55..
Darba, sorry it didn't work for you. Corey told me that if they were OEM, he would install them
Old 11-24-2004, 11:11 PM

BMW E60 M5 / C55 AMG
Originally Posted by noka
What hood emblem do you have and where did you get it? I understand from my brief searching that there is MB and AMG, some plastic and some metal? Anyone have any advice or links to info about them? Never having owned a MB before (but should in about a week) I am concerned with people ripping the standard MB star off the car.

Rgds,
Norm
I got the metal version which I got directly from the dealership.

Originally Posted by hantzis
Darba, sorry it didn't work for you. Corey told me that if they were OEM, he would install them
Hantzis, is cool. He told me the same thing over the phone
Guess I will try vader's option and check with a euro mechanic/shop

Trending Topics

Old 11-27-2004, 06:41 AM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
MB SERVICE PEOPLE ARE THE BIGGEST LIARS EVER.
I am very surprised how they got trained to be such good liars.
The CIA should start recruiting MB service advisors.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:27 AM

2004 Mercedes Benz C-230 Kompressor
Hey guys, newbie here -
I realize this is a pretty old post, just wondering how that turned out.

Ie: the bi-xenon installation -

I have a similar issue as well, i want to change my assemblies completely on my 2004 c230 kompressor sedan -

I want to go with BI-XENON but dont know where to start, would any of you guys know of any places in toronto canada that do this sorta thing? (seeing as the dealer wont help)

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Dealer installed my BiX a few days after I bought the car. They warned me about the self leveling issue up front, I told them I was aware. I picked the car up a few hours later with BiX. The only downside was that I paid the dealer labor rate.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:06 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by jgsx
Dealer installed my BiX a few days after I bought the car. They warned me about the self leveling issue up front, I told them I was aware. I picked the car up a few hours later with BiX. The only downside was that I paid the dealer labor rate.
What's the issue there? If you swith from xenon to bi-xenon the self levelers will not work??
Old 03-17-2008, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
If your pretty good with hand tools, you can do the install yourself. Google a search there are few results gives you step by step instructions.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Originally Posted by evillone
Hey guys, newbie here -
I realize this is a pretty old post, just wondering how that turned out.
Ie: the bi-xenon installation -
I have a similar issue as well, i want to change my assemblies completely on my 2004 c230 kompressor sedan -
I want to go with BI-XENON but dont know where to start, would any of you guys know of any places in toronto canada that do this sorta thing? (seeing as the dealer wont help)
Thanks in advance.
Dear noob,
Before you start a thread, please take a look around here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/108681-aftermarket-oem-modifications-diy-faq-s.html

Step by step headlights removal:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/175716-diy-w203-sedan-headlights-removal.html
Old 03-18-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
OK? Can we close this thread?