C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

How do you check the oil on c55???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you check the oil on c55???

Lol, I cant find out how to check the oil on this damn thing! there is no dip-stick, and when i use the cpu to check it, it says turn the car off, then select that feature that says check engine oil level, then it says turn on the car, i turn on the car and then nothing, it dissapears, lol. how do i do it?? thanks guys, appreciate it.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jedi Esq
Lol, I cant find out how to check the oil on this damn thing! there is no dip-stick, and when i use the cpu to check it, it says turn the car off, then select that feature that says check engine oil level, then it says turn on the car, i turn on the car and then nothing, it dissapears, lol. how do i do it?? thanks guys, appreciate it.
I believe there is a longwinded explanation in the owner's manual - I can't recall. I know that on my wife's previous C230k you had to do some specific procedure to get it to tell you the oil. Wish I could be of mroe help.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:06 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by Jedi Esq

just turn the key to the right just until your gauges activate WITHOUT starting the engine, from there you use your arrows on your steering wheel and toggle until you get to "ck engine oil" if you just drove the car, there a 5 min. waiting period before it will read the oil level, if the car has been sitting for at least 1/2 hr. or more than you can ck it right away...just make sure the car is on level ground...
Old 11-24-2004, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
I don't have an owner's manual yet (so I am not an owner). Could someone explain:
a) In what increments (volume) does the display tell you if you are low?
b) What weight Mobil-1 does the C55 use?

TIA
Norm
Old 11-25-2004, 12:42 AM

C55 uses 0w40...pretty standard for mb

Volume is pretty much (at least to my experience...can't tell if they changed anything or not) good or bad. I don't think they tell you how much to add because I don't think they want you adding any. They are making good money doing oil changes (read extremely good) and just want to be able to tell you when to drive to the dealer to give them their $50 of profit for 10-20 minutes of work. Lawyers charge less than this, but can be less valuable. Ain't the world a crazy place?
Old 11-25-2004, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by rguy
C55 uses 0w40...pretty standard for mb

Volume is pretty much (at least to my experience...can't tell if they changed anything or not) good or bad. I don't think they tell you how much to add because I don't think they want you adding any. They are making good money doing oil changes (read extremely good) and just want to be able to tell you when to drive to the dealer to give them their $50 of profit for 10-20 minutes of work. Lawyers charge less than this, but can be less valuable. Ain't the world a crazy place?
Hmm, I know that on the C230k we had, it told me to fill up with 1.5 quarts of oil when we were low - so I think it does tell you how much to fill up with. Maybe MBZ did away with this for the 05?
Old 11-25-2004, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by rguy
... I don't think they tell you how much to add because I don't think they want you adding any.
I don't mind them changing oil, since I can no longer do it like I used to when I was younger (e.g. no time, a pain disposing of oil, etc). However, I am more concerned about being able to add oil between changes, when necessary.

Rgds,
Norm