C55 Tranny bleeding question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
C55 Tranny bleeding question

I finally got it 'fixed' by the dealer , they return me the car half a day.
Now, because it only bleeds if it is parked for over a week, so I cannot tell immediately whether the problem is fixed or not.
Anyone here got the same problem and how do you confirm it is being fixed.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
My car has been parked for a couple of days & I've had no problems since my tranny seal was fixed.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:42 AM

05' MB C-dblenckel
so let me get this straight.... unless I have my car parked for a couple days or more, I will never know if I have the tranny leak seal problem or not? I drive my car on an everyday basis, so it never sits more than overnight...would this be enough time to see if there is even a slight leak?? or should I be cautious and take it to the dealer to check? would they be able to detect if there is a current/potential problem or not w/ the seal? what would happen if I drive w/ inadequate(low) tranny fluid?? would it JUST not shift properly?? thx for the help!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by DbleNckel
so let me get this straight.... unless I have my car parked for a couple days or more, I will never know if I have the tranny leak seal problem or not? I drive my car on an everyday basis, so it never sits more than overnight...would this be enough time to see if there is even a slight leak?? or should I be cautious and take it to the dealer to check? would they be able to detect if there is a current/potential problem or not w/ the seal? what would happen if I drive w/ inadequate(low) tranny fluid?? would it JUST not shift properly?? thx for the help!!!

No, if you have the problem, you should notice it if you leave the car parked overnight. You will definitley be able to see some fluid on the floor, it just won't be as pronounced as it would be if you left the car parked for a couple of days. When you go home today check the floor where you parked it last night, if your car is leaking you should be able to see some type of evidence. It's a thick orange fluid. Good luck & i hope you don't find anything!
Old 12-08-2004, 11:14 AM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by MiamiC55
No, if you have the problem, you should notice it if you leave the car parked overnight. You will definitley be able to see some fluid on the floor, it just won't be as pronounced as it would be if you left the car parked for a couple of days. When you go home today check the floor where you parked it last night, if your car is leaking you should be able to see some type of evidence. It's a thick orange fluid. Good luck & i hope you don't find anything!

will do...thanks Chris!!! I appreciate your help!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by MiamiC55

Hi,

The first time (after 2 weeks not driving) I found these blood (tranny oil) was really huge amount flooded down the car.
The second time (after 1 week not driving) I found it again, and it is about one-third amount as the first time.

Even above is true, I am still a bit doubt that the leaking is a 'daily pattern'. Because no one ( my wife, security guards) ever noticed that during the two weeks. Only until the 14th day, I discovered when I returned home , so as the security guard also informed me on the same day!

I guess the oil will leak out instantly when the car is parked still and especially it reached a certain pressure. If the car is driven, it may not leak out due to different pressure/temperature.

The dealer told me the leaking component is the plastic ring something like that of a eletronic plug to the Tranny.

I am no technical on cars, just my feeling and expereince about this problem.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:19 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by cntlaw
Hi,

The first time (after 2 weeks not driving) I found these blood (tranny oil) was really huge amount flooded down the car.
The second time (after 1 week not driving) I found it again, and it is about one-third amount as the first time.

Even above is true, I am still a bit doubt that the leaking is a 'daily pattern'. Because no one ( my wife, security guards) ever noticed that during the two weeks. Only until the 14th day, I discovered when I returned home , so as the security guard also informed me on the same day!

I guess the oil will leak out instantly when the car is parked still and especially it reached a certain pressure. If the car is driven, it may not leak out due to different pressure/temperature.

The dealer told me the leaking component is the plastic ring something like that of a eletronic plug to the Tranny.

I am no technical on cars, just my feeling and expereince about this problem.
thx for your input/heads up cntlaw